Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Anyone at University of Westminster?  (Read 1243 times)

• Global Funk Radio
  • Liked: 0
Anyone at University of Westminster?
« on: August 15, 2004, 07:58:46 PM »
Hey guys!

I've been looking into some courses online at the University of Westminster, and it looks fantastic!  Is anyone currently going to school there?  I would LOVE to go to University in London, and continue my education.  I didn't finish college here in the US unfortunatly.  I went for two years, then just decided to drop out and hang out in London! LOL  Then I met my husband there, and we moved here to the US, and I have a very good job here, but I feel there is something missing.  I have been thinking of going back to school, but I'm not sure I want to go to school here, and especially since we've been thinking of moving back to the UK, why not go to school there?!  Any guidance would be appreciated as far as the whole proceedure of getting into school there, paying etc...

Cheers!  ;D

• Liked: 2
Re: Anyone at University of Westminster?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2004, 10:30:13 PM »
Hi Mrs Fizz

I was a student at the Uni of Westminster a looooooooooooong time ago - so long ago in fact it was in its previous incarnation as the Polytechnic of Central London (ie late 1980s). I hesitate to make any firm comments as I am sure they have moved on somewhat since my day but it is better for certain subjects that others. I studied Law there and I wouldn't particularly recommend it for that. It has a good reputation for media and arts courses though. There was and is still I believe a high proportion of "mature" students and they also attract a lot of international students. I remember when I was there although the people on my course were predominantly British we also had quite a few French, German and Americans in my year.

Application procedures have also changed since my day but as you are in the US I would contact the university registry direct and ask about the admissions policy and fees.

Oh, one other thing, the various departments are spread out all over central London so it's not the place to choose if you are looking for a "campus" feel.

Hope that's helpful

Liz

Sponsored Links