Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: DCF FILING: from those who have gone through it recently  (Read 35458 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: DCF FILING: from those who have gone through it recently
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2012, 08:14:53 PM »
Have an update to my timeline in case anyone else out there is wondering how the processing is going lately.

26 October 2011 - Email saying application received and processing time is 4 mths
23 January 2012  - Letter received saying application approves 20 Jan 2012 and packet will arrive within 3 weeks time.

We've been looking at the website every day and got the letter before the website was updated.  Looks like the whole process is moving quicker than expected.

« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2012, 11:42:15 PM »
26 October 2011 - Email saying application received and processing time is 4 mths
23 January 2012  - Letter received saying application approves 20 Jan 2012 and packet will arrive within 3 weeks time
03 February 2012 - Letter received with case number
04 February 2012 - DC2001 and 230 part I and II forms sent in/filed.
06 February 2012 - medical scheduled in London

fingers crossed I can be here for the interview before I move back to the US end of the month. my husband really wants me to be there since I'm the organized one.

« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2012, 03:28:01 AM »
23 January 2012  - Letter received saying application approves 20 Jan 2012 and packet will arrive within 3 weeks time

fingers crossed I can be here for the interview before I move back to the US end of the month. my husband really wants me to be there since I'm the organized one.

When we did my husbands visa, we filed the 2001 & the 230-I (you don't send part II in, you take it with you to the interview) in October 2010 and it was Feb 4 2011 we received the letter for the interview which was scheduled for Feb 8 2011. So, I hate to say it, but I don't think you'll still be here when they schedule his interview...but stranger things have happened...good luck!

« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2012, 11:39:33 AM »
When we did my husbands visa, we filed the 2001 & the 230-I (you don't send part II in, you take it with you to the interview) in October 2010 and it was Feb 4 2011 we received the letter for the interview which was scheduled for Feb 8 2011. So, I hate to say it, but I don't think you'll still be here when they schedule his interview...but stranger things have happened...good luck!

That's what I had thought but the letter from the Embassy said to send in 2001 and 230 I/II. 

Wondering if I have moved when my husband gets the interview, should I send a written letter stating my new address in the states (it's the one on my the 230 anyway).

• Liked: 5
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2012, 03:48:18 PM »
That's what I had thought but the letter from the Embassy said to send in 2001 and 230 I/II. 

Wondering if I have moved when my husband gets the interview, should I send a written letter stating my new address in the states (it's the one on my the 230 anyway).

The instructions changed and you are correct to send in part 1 and 2. Also you definitely Need to let them know once you have a new address. I sent in an email separate from the 230 to give it some extra attention.

« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2012, 07:07:16 PM »
The instructions changed and you are correct to send in part 1 and 2.

Then the Embassy needs to update their website on the process  :-\\\\.

« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2012, 05:22:58 AM »
Then the Embassy needs to update their website on the process  :-\\\\.

I should have qualified.  We received specific instruction to include part 2 with the 2001 and 230 part 1.  We thought it was weird since none of the other instructions said to do so but DH sent it in.  They did not ask him for part 2 at the interview (even though he brought another copy just in case).  We queried other folks going through the process and they had been received requests to send in part 2 as well, so we didn't think it too odd in the end and honestly thought we might be on the cusp of new instructions.

I will say, we didn't wait to receive our interview instructions in the mail and nagged them by phone until we got an interview.  It is entirely possible that the person giving instructions on the phone and by email didn't get them right - either way sending in part 2 with the 2001/230 part 1 didn't damage or delay anything.

« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2012, 09:59:42 AM »

I will say, we didn't wait to receive our interview instructions in the mail and nagged them by phone until we got an interview. 

Good to know.  I may do the same after the medical is done next week. 

I'll send them an email before I move letting them know of my new address. Is there email on the website?

« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2012, 09:32:46 PM »

update....
17 February 2012 - received notice that interview is 16 March 2012

Only received that information because I called the embassy to confirm they had received the medical results.  The person on the phone said no and gave me a reference number to email the embassy for further information.  I know they got the medical report because the doctors daid they picke it up.  Well 2 days after sending them an email, I got a nice email back with the interview date - just 1 1/2 weeks after medical.

• Blog about finding my first job after college in London
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2012, 09:33:48 AM »
Just a question to sooth my nerves. I sent in the DCF I-130 on November 29th. I am pretty sure I received an email, but like a fool I accidentally deleted it. I feel almost certain I had an email because I remember being thrilled and sending it onto my husband. Unfortunately I sent it to his work email and he no longer works there. Although the payment has been taken.

I checked on the Embassy website and they are now approving approving applications from December 5th, which assures me that they might be getting to mine soon.

I just wanted to ask if there is any action that you need to take while waiting for the approval letter?

Since that email is gone, I feel a bit scared that I am meant to be doing something.

What I am thinking will happen from reading all the helpful posts in this thread is that
I will get a letter and it will outline the next steps and all the other documents that we need to pull together.

Would anyone be so kind as to share any wisdom and put my mind at ease?

Read my blog about looking for my first job in London.
http://rheaj-smallfish.blogspot.com/

« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2012, 02:56:38 AM »
When was the payment taken out of your account? I would wait until you get the letter before calling. I've read once that calling before you get an approval/case number could move your paperwork to the bottom of the desk so to speak.   I'm sure you will get your letter soon.  :)

« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2012, 03:31:55 PM »
interview done today and husband approved  :)

16 March 2012 - interview and approved

• Liked: 27
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2012, 08:36:34 PM »
Congratulations!

It's been interesting to see your timeline.  We're hoping to start the process in early summer! I'm sure I'll have lots of questions by then.

:)

« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2012, 07:15:02 PM »
Hi All,

We are planning to move back to America sometime next year and we are trying to find out everything now so we are well prepared! Also some osts on here have raised some new questions.

When applying via DCF when can the USC return to America? I think it is after we receive approval of the I-130?

The other main thing is to do with the below post:

Also wondering if it will look bad if I go to my husband's green card interview with a passport that shows my UK spouse visa has expired.  I really hate to spend the money on extending my visa or ILR when I know realistically I will not be coming back here.

We know that we will not be coming back as my wife can't adjust to life here and misses things about America and her visa will run out on March 18th 2012. Do we really need to apply for an extension as it would end up being about £800 and she will be returning to America shortly after this date to establish domicile.

Also how long would I have to wait after my wife gets a job back in America to go to the interview. As we are using the income from the job she will get plus our assets to cover the poverty line (Poverty Line - Annual Minimum Wage * 3) Covered by just over 20k in assets. Should she have 3 months worth of wage slips before we consider the interview? (As we don't want to be apart for a long time again, the first time was bad enough)

Any feedback is much appreciated!! : )

I hope anyone else going through the process is doing good and getting to where they want to be!

« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2012, 02:55:51 AM »
You don't have to wait for the I-130 approval.  You only need to wait until the I-130 has been submitted and payment has been processed.

Your wife can technically be in the UK on an expired visa but no one is going to support that here.  You don't know what the future holds and it is a bad idea all around.

You have to give notice that you are ready to attend the interview, which is the point you should have the I-864 completed (and should be employed).  You can then get an interview date within 2-4 weeks after you give notice.  She doesn't need a standard number of payslips and they may not even ask to see it.  You can bring one to the interview if you want but if they want it and you haven't brought it, they will request at the interview and you can fax it in.   This happened to us and DH still got his visa within 5 days of the interview -- so the request didn't really hold anything up.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab