Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: My Thoughts have gone up in value - apparently.  (Read 974 times)

• Contraltos do it lower....
    • Forever Autumn
  • Liked: 0
My Thoughts have gone up in value - apparently.
« on: August 16, 2004, 03:06:30 PM »
Yes, today I was outside in the garden, sitting on the bench, enjoying the sun, and just thinking random thoughts, when I looked down and saw there was a penny (one pence - obviously) on the ground.  I said out loud, "Well, I wonder who is paying me for my thoughts?".  Then, it occured to me:  a pence is worth more than an American penny.   The value and price of my thoughts has gone up!  And....yeah, although it was silly....it was a nice thought.   And, I thought I would share.

~Autumn ;D
I was born in the Summer and at Night...my mother named me AUTUMN DAWN.  True story.

Jamie's...beyond the stars and past eternity.

EMAIL or PM me for information about gigs or about booking me (solo gig) or the band.

Re: My Thoughts have gone up in value - apparently.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 11:20:52 PM »
  LOL ta for sharing .Nothing wrong with silly as long as it makes you or someone else  :)

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 11:26:03 PM »
Those seemingly silly thoughts and insightful pauses are what give magical meaning to our lives. Thanks for sharing!

• Relio
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 02:37:38 AM »
Ahem ... did you picked it up ?  ;D
"Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the mechanics are German, the lovers are Italian and it's all organized by the Swiss.  Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the mechanics are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it's all organized by the Italians."

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 06:32:01 AM »
We call it a 'penny' here, too... not a 'pence'.  Pence is the plural.  ;)

• Contraltos do it lower....
    • Forever Autumn
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 01:42:18 PM »
Ahem ... did you picked it up ?  ;D

Yeah, I picked it up.  My fiance' informed me that it had been out there since we had moved to this house, and he noticed it when he was working in the garden.  Apparently he didn't feel the need to pick it up, LOL. ::)  It is now sitting in the kitchen windowsill.

Ta, Broxi.  I know that it's one penny here, too.  But, I just wanted to make clear the fact that it wasn't an American penny on the ground.  Which, would have been interesting in and of itself.  Then I could wonder, "How did that get there?" ;D 
I was born in the Summer and at Night...my mother named me AUTUMN DAWN.  True story.

Jamie's...beyond the stars and past eternity.

EMAIL or PM me for information about gigs or about booking me (solo gig) or the band.

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 01:46:41 PM »

Yeah, I picked it up.  My fiance' informed me that it had been out there since we had moved to this house, and he noticed it when he was working in the garden.  Apparently he didn't feel the need to pick it up, LOL. ::)  It is now sitting in the kitchen windowsill.

Ta, Broxi.  I know that it's one penny here, too.  But, I just wanted to make clear the fact that it wasn't an American penny on the ground.  Which, would have been interesting in and of itself.  Then I could wonder, "How did that get there?" ;D 

I only mentioned it cos i have an expat friend who has been here for a few years, who STILL says 'a pence' instead of 'a penny'!  It niggles at me!  ;)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab