Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: I hate grocery shopping here!!!  (Read 5819 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: I hate grocery shopping here!!!
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2010, 06:05:34 PM »
I hate grocery shopping everywhere!  I hate it here in the UK on a Sunday afternoon more than I've ever hated it anywhere though.  I avoid it at all costs.  Better to go Saturday night if I'm desperate.
doing laundry

• Liked: 1
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2010, 06:48:08 PM »
EQ Nerd- do you mind if I ask how much your veg box was? Also, how much do you get in there? Thanks!
"Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it." -Eat Pray Love

beth@medivisas.com
medivisas.com

• British by descent
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2010, 07:01:01 PM »
A small organic veg/fruit box (which claims to be "perfect for one person", and this week includes fairtrade bananas, carrots, tomatoes, zucchini, lettuce, potatoes, apples, and mango) is £10.95 + £0.99 delivery fee. (This is through Abel & Cole, I also considered Growing Communities as that's local to me, but they don't deliver and they require you to order by the month rather than the week, so I figured A&C was a better trial option).

I'll find out on Wednesday what comes, and how decent it is.
Moved to London February 5, 2010

• Liked: 5
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2010, 07:10:46 PM »
Another veg box lover.  It is fantastic and I would recommend to anyone.

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2010, 07:45:45 PM »
Oooh, you city folks pay a lot! Down here it's £7-8 a week.
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2010, 07:48:30 PM »
I hate grocery shopping everywhere!  I hate it here in the UK on a Sunday afternoon more than I've ever hated it anywhere though.  I avoid it at all costs.  Better to go Saturday night if I'm desperate.

This is me: it is like the first circle of hell for me.  :P

In an ideal world for me:
large shop = internet
veg = organic veg box
odds and sods = Mr MLG's job  :P

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 848
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2010, 08:45:44 PM »

Yeah, I get one big enough to last me (and J when he's around) 2 weeks, plus eggs for £13!  :)
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 1
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2010, 02:39:21 AM »
A small organic veg/fruit box (which claims to be "perfect for one person", and this week includes fairtrade bananas, carrots, tomatoes, zucchini, lettuce, potatoes, apples, and mango) is £10.95 + £0.99 delivery fee. (This is through Abel & Cole, I also considered Growing Communities as that's local to me, but they don't deliver and they require you to order by the month rather than the week, so I figured A&C was a better trial option).

I'll find out on Wednesday what comes, and how decent it is.

Wow, that's really not bad, especially considering it's organic! Something to look forward to when I move. :)

Wow! Even better!
"Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it." -Eat Pray Love

beth@medivisas.com
medivisas.com

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2010, 11:58:12 AM »
I'm looking into veg boxes here in my area, looks like it's £20 per box and you get 8-10 organic vegetables, 2 types of organic fruit, and 6 farm fresh eggs. You can also get one for £40 that includes organic meat (a roasting joint or whole chicken, some sausages, and a few other things) called the Big Shop Box. They also sell organic milk and cheese from local dairy farmers which you can add to your order. I've emailed them to see how it works (do you pay befor each delivery or what?) but haven't heard back yet.  :-\\\\

« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2010, 01:33:50 PM »
I hate it too. The Asda here is awful. ALWAYS crowded. You can't even move through the aisles. Things ALWAYS out of stock. My husband and I don't drive and it's the only large supermarket close enough to walk to. We used to order from them, but items are ALWAYS missing from our orders or they bring the wrong thing.

Sponsored Links