Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Tabletop dishwashers/portable dishwashers  (Read 3779 times)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 847
Tabletop dishwashers/portable dishwashers
« on: June 25, 2010, 01:03:28 PM »
I was searching to see if we had a thread on tabletop/portable dishwashers- and didn't  see anything.  I loathe washing up. 
Thinking if I can afford one in a few months, of spoiling myself... 

Does anyone have one? Any recommendations?
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

Re: Tabletop dishwashers/portable dishwashers
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 01:30:42 PM »
oooh I've been looking at this too :)
Firstly, they go dirt cheap on ebay because they're a  local pick up item, but you can normally get Shiply to pick them up for you for peanuts.
The Bosch ones are meant to be the best and the proline ones a bit rubbish.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 02:23:23 PM »
Cool thanks  :)
You're stuck with me!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 10:02:07 AM »
Well...... an impulse buy  :-[  :) last night, I was in comet to buy something else, and ooops, the floor model of a bosch tabletop dishwasher was on sale, for £130 cheaper than they normally go...   

So I now I own a tabletop dishwasher.  ;D
I'm sure so many people would say that's a stupid thing to have, as the "washing up is so easy" - including my other half J. (but he never, ever, ever offers to do the washing up at my house when he's about after I cook for both of us on the weekends!!! Which its fine, its my house, but he's not really a guest  >:(
But doing the washing up is the bane of my life. 

So I'm a bit excited

Now I just need to figure out how to hook it up- I'm pretty sure I can hook it up to the washing machine tap line. And this really old thread kind of confirms it (funny how I can find that thread now but originally couldn't in my first post on this)
http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=31367.0

Anyone use a tabletop or portable dishwasher and hook it up through their washing machine lines? 
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 10:27:32 AM »
Well...... an impulse buy  :-[  :) last night, I was in comet to buy something else, and ooops, the floor model of a bosch tabletop dishwasher was on sale, for £130 cheaper than they normally go...   

So I now I own a tabletop dishwasher.  ;D
I'm sure so many people would say that's a stupid thing to have, as the "washing up is so easy" - including my other half J. (but he never, ever, ever offers to do the washing up at my house when he's about after I cook for both of us on the weekends!!! Which its fine, its my house, but he's not really a guest  >:(
But doing the washing up is the bane of my life. 

So I'm a bit excited

Now I just need to figure out how to hook it up- I'm pretty sure I can hook it up to the washing machine tap line. And this really old thread kind of confirms it (funny how I can find that thread now but originally couldn't in my first post on this)
http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=31367.0

Anyone use a tabletop or portable dishwasher and hook it up through their washing machine lines? 

We didn't end up doing this but my boy and his Dad confirmed that you could do it with a connector from the washing machine line :) (We ended up not getting one in the end as "washing up is so easy" my response "if it's so easy you do it!" so now he's trapped bruhahahahahaha ) :D

• Liked: 2
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 10:38:47 AM »
PB - Yay for you! I would so get one if I had room to put it somewhere ;-)

I am such an impulsive buyer when for things like that and on sale! SCORE!

I could ask DH as he is the know all if you don't find out

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 10:44:46 AM »
We didn't end up doing this but my boy and his Dad confirmed that you could do it with a connector from the washing machine line :) (We ended up not getting one in the end as "washing up is so easy" my response "if it's so easy you do it!" so now he's trapped bruhahahahahaha ) :D

Thanks!!! Hahhahahah that's great - I wish I could trap J. to do it on the weekends, but he's not playing that game!  :(

PB - Yay for you! I would so get one if I had room to put it somewhere ;-)

I am such an impulsive buyer when for things like that and on sale! SCORE!

I could ask DH as he is the know all if you don't find out

Thanks  :)

I'm horrible at impulse buys sometimes- and I don't really have the extra money right now, but really, money-smonhey -my sanity is important! And its a Christmas pressie to myself  :)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 10:46:34 AM by phatbeetle »
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 19
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 01:34:38 PM »

I'm sure so many people would say that's a stupid thing to have, as the "washing up is so easy"... But doing the washing up is the bane of my life. 

I totally understand!

I think I was traumatized by all the drama surrounding our family (meaning my sister and I) dish-washing rota when I was a kid.  It was awful!  I'll do almost anything to avoid having to do them.  It's the reason I live in a studio apartment-  the only way I could afford a place with a dishwasher was by sacrificing space for overall quality.

So, congrats on your purchase.  I hope you and your dishwasher have many years of happiness. :)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 02:08:45 PM »
So, congrats on your purchase.  I hope you and your dishwasher have many years of happiness. :)

Thanks  :)
You're stuck with me!

• Officially a Brit.
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 04:30:34 PM »
I hear you. Getting my dishwasher when I was in the UK was a day I will never forget. I'd just had my first child, too, so was washing even more dishes. I loathe handwashing like crazy.

We had our regular dishwasher hooked up with the washer, so I'm sure you can do that.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 06:16:28 PM »
PB..I asked DH so he called me to go over EVERY technical detail and here is what I took from the conversation lol

Yes you can have the cold water hooked up as long as the dishwasher has its own heating element and they will share the grey waste pipe...He said make sure I say grey as most are...
So there ya go, thats all I got ;-)

• Liked: 0
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 06:36:43 PM »

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 02:07:54 PM »
Jealous!

When we were house hunting and had decided to make an offer on our current home (that is dishwasherless), my husband said the same thing about how "easy" washing up was. Two and a half months later he has yet to wash a single dish.

We have no space to put a dishwasher in our tiny kitchen. Our washing machine is out in a shed in the back garden, so that seems like a pointless place to put one. Besides, we need the extra space in our shed to house our new freezer (another item that won't fit in the kitchen that DH claimed we'd be able to live without quite easily....) I wonder, does he EVER spend time in the kitchen???  ::)

Enjoy your dishwasher!!!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 02:10:02 PM by Oonablah »

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2010, 02:16:50 PM »
PB..I asked DH so he called me to go over EVERY technical detail and here is what I took from the conversation lol

Yes you can have the cold water hooked up as long as the dishwasher has its own heating element and they will share the grey waste pipe...He said make sure I say grey as most are...
So there ya go, thats all I got ;-)

Sorry, missed this- Thanks for the info!!

Enjoy your dishwasher!!!

Thank you, I definitely will!  :)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2010, 08:54:00 PM »
I'd love to know how you get on with your dishwasher.  I'm moving to a lovely victorian townhouse soon (yay!) which unfortunately doesn't have a dishwasher or the space to put a full-sized one in (boo!) 
Not MrsRichUK anymore!  :-)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab