Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: PETS Process In Detail  (Read 22456 times)

• British by descent
  • Liked: 3
Re: PETS Process In Detail
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2011, 10:23:15 AM »
The site won't let me edit the top post anymore, so I can't update the link. :(

You'll need to look into the approved routes/airlines and get quotes to see what option would be the cheapest one. FWIW, I spent just over $2k to ship a 60lb dog and 13lb cat, so unless prices have skyrocketed recently, you should be under $2k for just the 21lb dog.
Moved to London February 5, 2010

• Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2011, 01:28:24 PM »
So, there is no option of checking my dog in as a luggage. It has to be a cargo?

• Liked: 1
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2011, 02:01:00 PM »
Apparently Icelandair allows you to check animals as excess luggage, but as far as I know all others only do cargo.  (and with Icelandair, you will have to change in Iceland)

http://www.icelandair.co.uk/information/special-assistance/travelling-with-pets/

Like Equestrianerd said, you will have to look at the list of approved carriers and routes to see what your options are from your departure city.

• My other Man
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2011, 06:55:49 PM »
so the link for the favn rabies form must have changed. it cant be found.
can someone find and fix?

http://www.vet.k-state.edu/depts/dmp/service/rabies/pdf/FAVN_submission_form.pdf

i found the new link if you would like to update
http://www.vet.k-state.edu/depts/dmp/service/rabies/pdf/FAVN_Test_Submission_Form.pdf

« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 06:59:26 PM by happydays »

• Patience is a virtue I do not have.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2011, 02:59:13 AM »
So, there is no option of checking my dog in as a luggage. It has to be a cargo?

If your flying into the UK, no. They won't allow pets to arrive in the cabin, they have to be brought in as cargo. Raises the price up, for sure.

My question is, the 6 month thing. Is that you can't leave for the UK UNTIL that 6 months is up? I'm having to start this process with my cat in Jan but we aren't able to file for my marriage visa until June, so while we are shooting for me and the cat to move at the beginning of Oct, it may not happen because we have to wait for the visa to be approved.
Met Online: Jan 2010
Became a Couple: Feb 2010
Met in person: June 2010
Engaged: June 2010
Hubby's 2nd trip to the US: Oct 2010
Failed trip due to accident: Feb 2011
Married: 15th of October, 2011
Applying for Visa: Sept/Aug 2012

• British by descent
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2011, 08:37:01 AM »
My question is, the 6 month thing. Is that you can't leave for the UK UNTIL that 6 months is up? I'm having to start this process with my cat in Jan but we aren't able to file for my marriage visa until June, so while we are shooting for me and the cat to move at the beginning of Oct, it may not happen because we have to wait for the visa to be approved.

If you're not moving until 2012, then check this thread for the process - it's much shorter!
Moved to London February 5, 2010

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2015, 06:46:27 AM »
My dog has his rabies shot, microchip and is dewormed.  I have the paperwork from the vet however, I will NOT be able to have it endorsed by the APHIS in time for my flight this coming Monday.  Will I stay be able to travel with him and just have him quarantined until he clears?  Please advise.

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab