Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Titanic Mini Cruise April 2012!!!!  (Read 1364 times)

• Liked: 0
Titanic Mini Cruise April 2012!!!!
« on: July 06, 2010, 10:47:26 PM »
I don't know how many Titanic buffs we have on line here, but I'm definitely one of them!

http://www.titanicmemorialcruise.co.uk/titanic-mini-cruise.php

My husband and I have decided to take this trip. Well actually.. I decided ;) I've been fascinated with ocean liners for as long as I can remember- Titanic being the queenbee! I thought I would share, so you could possibly reserve your place in history :) Southampton-Liverpool-Belfast!

The original trip takes you from Southampton-Cobh-New York with a stop at Titanic's resting place for a memorial service. Most of these cabins are booked and uhm a little pricey!!

J

• On an Irish adventure, on the West coast of Clare!
  • Liked: 1
Re: Titanic Mini Cruise April 2012!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 05:19:27 AM »
Does everyone dress up in period costume?  That would be so cool!
Met husband-to-be in Ireland July 2006
Married October 2007
Became a British citizen 21 July 2011
Separated from husband August 2014
Off on an Irish adventure October 2014

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 10:53:52 PM »
Does everyone dress up in period costume?  That would be so cool!

I know they are having a gala dinner with the captain and serving similar dishes. I'm sure there will be a few in period clothing!

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 12:00:35 PM »
When we did our crossing, we went past the Titanic site, and the captain mentioned it as we passed.  We couldn't go on deck because we were sailing through a huge storm, but I think normally they make more of it during the crossings.

Interesting idea for a cruise. If we had more money, I'd totally be up for it. 

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 04:02:46 PM »
When we did our crossing, we went past the Titanic site, and the captain mentioned it as we passed.  We couldn't go on deck because we were sailing through a huge storm, but I think normally they make more of it during the crossings.

Interesting idea for a cruise. If we had more money, I'd totally be up for it. 

I think most cruise lines do that. I've heard others saying the same thing. I'd love to make the main voyage but money like that doesn't grow on trees!  ::) The first part of the trip is more in my price range and I'll get to see more, if you think about it. There's another cruise leaving the states to the resting spot, planning to do a live expedition with a wide screen and everything..I think that would be pretty neato ;)

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 09:34:40 PM »
You can get crossings pretty cheaply if you go through a travel agent in the States.  When we went to book the tickets through Cunard, the prices from the UK were the same in pounds as the prices in the US were in dollars.  At the time, the pound was much stronger, so it was a huge difference.  I ended up purchasing them directly from the States, but if I had it to do over again, I'd try an American travel agent first.

We did the crossing because it was actually not that more than flying and paying for a bigger shipping crate for our stuff.  We were able to take a lot of my stuff with us in our stateroom.  Plus, we had only gone on one holiday since we were married, so the trip was worth it, even when you throw in the few days we spent in NYC. 

If I had a lot of time, I'd do one of those freight cruises.  They sound so wild.  You just don't know when you will end up where you're going or how close you'll actually be.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab