Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: GOOD LORD!!  (Read 2022 times)

GOOD LORD!!
« on: March 09, 2003, 03:44:07 AM »
I just thought I'd share some information with you (in case you didn't know already); a couple of days ago Elle and I were looking at prices for fares to go to France and the rest of Europe and found a damn fine deal!  We managed to get seats on an plane flying from London to Paris for £36 return including the taxes!!!

Later we did find that we'd booked at exactly the right time to get a really good price, and to find something equally as good again we had to play with the flight times and days a few times to tweek it down to this kind of level.

We looked into flights for a lot of destinations for the rest of Europe and found similar cheap flights going all over.  As I say, it's a question of tweeking the details and getting something that comes up good.

The company we booked with is Easyjet (http://www.easyjet.co.uk/en/book/index.asp) through their website.  We're yet to actually fly with them, but we will keep you posted to how good they are and what the flight's like.

• Liked: 0
Re: GOOD LORD!!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2003, 11:55:22 PM »
I've travelled with EasyJet quite a bit. Liverpool to Amsterdam is only 40 minutes and usually costs me under £50. I've gone there so often my Mom asked me if I was becoming a drug runner. Seriously ! You are right about tweaking with the dates. We found it's cheaper to fly on a Tuesday than most other days. One helpful hint, they have no reserved seating, so get there early. They give you a ticket with a number and then call people onto the plane by groups numerically (1- 20 first etc). So the earlier you book in, the lower your number. And they serve no free food on the planes, you have to buy it from the air hostess (or stewardess or flight attendant or what do you call them now ?). My partner Craig just booked us for a day trip to Paris in May for my birthday. Who said British men aren't romantic ?  [smiley=heart.gif]

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab