Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Copthorne/Crawley, West Sussex  (Read 1212 times)

• Part of the Copthorne Massive!
    • website
  • Liked: 0
Copthorne/Crawley, West Sussex
« on: July 31, 2010, 08:06:57 PM »
Hello everyone,

I can't believe I've been a member of these boards for 1,000 years now, and have never posted in 'Meetings and Events'! Live and learn I guess.

My name is Laura, and I'm going to be an elderly 34-years-old this November. I have a small child who also informs me how old and fat I am all the time. Nice.

Anyway, I digress. I'm originally from Mobile, Alabama. Started living in England 15 February 2002 to whenever it was 90 days later to see if I could a) stand living with my now husband b) liked his friends c) if I didn't like his friends I wanted to see if he'd choose me over his friends d) to make sure his mother wasn't a complete interfering psycho.

By March of the following year I was living in England for good, and now a large chunk of my life later, husband's childhood friends still act like they're in their late teens and my mother-in-law is totally whacked, but a lovely and a dear mother.

In a former life I was a web designer. Now my nearly 5-year-old child is entering school, I'm web designing for a business I run with my husband. It's a good, flexible job and my brain no longer feels like jello/jelly.

I often don't post that I'd like to meet Americans here. Usually because it slips my mind, other times because so many people post they're living in vast areas (Sussex, Surrey, etc) I feel like a stalker for asking them to be more specific about their location. Surrey is HUGE. Our house is in Mid Sussex. Walk out out back garden gate and you're in Surrey. Croydon's in Surrey, and so is Wing Yip (yum). A 40 minute drive (5 hours with lots of traffic) isn't conducive to maintaining a periodic latte-gulping or cinema-attending driven relationship.

If there's anyone in the foreseeable area who would like to meet up, drop me a line via pm. Any American will do, male or female, young or old and fat like me. But I'd REALLY love some ladies my age, because sometimes that's the one thing that'll really hit the spot. You don't have to own servants/children. You can have a bolt through your nose. You can have a tattoo of the San Juan Valley in your nether regions, but please, just don't show me it (by all means, TELL ME ABOUT IT!).

Thank you very much,

Laura (in mainly very tiny senior citizen occupied) Copthorne

Re: Copthorne/Crawley, West Sussex
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 09:07:27 PM »
I live like 5mins outside of Crawley, West Sussex. :)

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 09:15:13 PM »
Im from Huntsville, AL but Im in London. If you are ever nearby, let me know.

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 09:21:24 PM »
I live in Crawley and would love to meet up with all you ladies.
ILR: Feb 27, 2012
Mailed off citizenship application via solicitor: Feb 29, 2016
Application received by Home Office: March 1, 2016
Payment taken: March 10, 2016

Letter of acknowledgement: March 9, 2016
Letter requesting biometrics: March 9, 2016
Biometrics completed: March 15, 2016
Letter of approval: April 5, 2016
Invitation to citizenship ceremony: dated April 8, 2016 but received April 21, 2016
Ceremony booked for:

• website
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 02:23:24 PM »
I live like 5mins outside of Crawley, West Sussex. :)

Oh you tease! Where, lady, where? :)

• website
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 02:25:16 PM »
Im from Huntsville, AL but Im in London. If you are ever nearby, let me know.

We're hoping to move to Greenwich or Blackheath next summer, so I'll keep you in mind. Thanks.

• website
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 02:28:04 PM »
I live in Crawley and would love to meet up with all you ladies.

Fired off an email to you several minutes ago. I'm sure we will meet up soon.  :D

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 05:25:13 PM »
Hello Laura! I'm a lady married to a BC man as well. I just moved to West Sussex. Originally from Texas!

Sponsored Links