Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Student Visa's processing timetable  (Read 10802 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Student Visa's processing timetable
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2010, 12:22:20 AM »
Good luck to you on getting everything fixed.  I just found out my visa was issued today   ;D after all the freaking about about not sending it priority.  All in all it took about 9 days for it to go through (NY).  Now lets hope there isn't an error on it.  Thanks for the support everyone.  Good luck to those who are still waiting.

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2010, 01:16:53 AM »
Good luck to you on getting everything fixed.  I just found out my visa was issued today   ;D after all the freaking about about not sending it priority.  All in all it took about 9 days for it to go through (NY).  Now lets hope there isn't an error on it.  Thanks for the support everyone.  Good luck to those who are still waiting.

Congrats!

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2010, 01:51:39 AM »

congrats, still nothing for me :( Long weekend here we go.

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2010, 05:02:43 AM »
Congrats! I still haven't even received an email of confirmation from the consulate. I received an email from USPS stating it was received but not by the consulate itself. I also did priority, so I am wondering if I should be concerned, or if there is just a delay in the processing times? (LA office)

Also, I am really frustrated at the lack of customer service. There is nobody to call once you submit your application and apparently they are not in a hurry to answer any email. Oh well, fingers crossed!
08/2010 - Tier 4 Student Visa Issued
09/2010 - Moved to UK
06/2011 - Met Partner
01/2012 - Tier 1 PSW
12/2013 - Married
01/2014 - FLR(M)

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2010, 10:30:03 AM »
7 business days and no news.   :(
"It’s life. You don’t figure it out. You just climb up on the beast and ride." - Rebecca Wells

• Liked: 7
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2010, 12:36:33 PM »
Also, I am really frustrated at the lack of customer service. There is nobody to call once you submit your application and apparently they are not in a hurry to answer any email. Oh well, fingers crossed!

Tell me about it!

Congrats to you, juhyun! 9 days with normal service is a great turnaround time! I'd be very pleased :)
2007-Short Term Student;   2010-T4;   2011-T1 PSW;   2013-FLR(M);    2015-ILR;    2016 - Citizenship (approved!)

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2010, 08:51:49 PM »
So just an update:

Priority (Not that it seems to have made a difference):
Sent application overnight to LA on 8/4
Email confirming it was opened and being processed on 8/9
Still no email saying it was approved (hopefully) as of 8/10

I have heard the LA office is slow, but I am going crazy thinking I may have made a mistake on something. Seriously, there has to be a better way to issue student visas. At lease a contact email or online account that showed the status. THIS IS SO STRESSFUL!
09/2010 - Moved to UK
06/2011 - Met Partner
01/2012 - Tier 1 PSW
12/2013 - Married
01/2014 - FLR(M)

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2010, 08:54:46 PM »
So just an update:

I have heard the LA office is slow, but I am going crazy thinking I may have made a mistake on something. Seriously, there has to be a better way to issue student visas. At lease a contact email or online account that showed the status. THIS IS SO STRESSFUL!

brum i feel your pain except mine arrived at NY embassy on july 27!!! its august 10th now!! This is beyond stressful, my whole life has been on hold for ages now. Granted i had to re-send a bank statement last week, but that arrived last thursday morning. I did pay priority service originally as well.

I dont understand this, im so frustrated. what a nightmare, worst experience of my life.

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2010, 09:14:57 PM »
brum i feel your pain except mine arrived at NY embassy on july 27!!! its august 10th now!! This is beyond stressful, my whole life has been on hold for ages now. Granted i had to re-send a bank statement last week, but that arrived last thursday morning. I did pay priority service originally as well.

I dont understand this, im so frustrated. what a nightmare, worst experience of my life.

Wow, I feel whiney now for posting that. lol. If I was in your position, I would be equally as angry. This is ridiculous. Did they get in contact with you to let you know they needed a bank statement or did you just send it? I was just curious if they found something wrong, if they were more likely to let you have a chance to correct it, rather than declining your visa?
09/2010 - Moved to UK
06/2011 - Met Partner
01/2012 - Tier 1 PSW
12/2013 - Married
01/2014 - FLR(M)

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2010, 09:24:56 PM »
Wow, I feel whiney now for posting that. lol. If I was in your position, I would be equally as angry. This is ridiculous. Did they get in contact with you to let you know they needed a bank statement or did you just send it? I was just curious if they found something wrong, if they were more likely to let you have a chance to correct it, rather than declining your visa?

Well the crappy part is after the original 48hours passed, i gave them a few more business days and sent an email to the embassy. Apparently my application was put on hold ( problem is they forgot to tell me this on their own!!) Thank god i emailed them or else id still be waiting not having any clue about all this.

I took out a private loan as well as federal ( new policy states " you must have private funds made available to you before entering uk) therefore i had to send in a bank statement to prove i had x amount of money.

yes i am grateful to be able to send that in, but it would have been nice if they would have told me about it. I re-sent that last week overnight. I waited few more days without a response, i decided to e-mail them again, and last night finally got an email saying it would be made a matter of priority, but go figure....another day has passed and im sure another few more will as well. You cant believe anything they say.

They need better customer service and tracking like with passports, this is unacceptable in my eyes.

I am just mentally exhausted, this whole process has been unreal, with no end in sight.

Goodluck to you, im sure yours will be ok. The 48hours begins when you get the first email so by the 11th you will probably know as long as everything you sent is good to go. If you dont hear anything the rest of week, id email them monday.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 09:26:58 PM by Syntax30 »

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2010, 09:28:49 PM »

Well the crappy part is after the original 48hours passed, i gave them a few more business days and sent an email to the embassy. Apparently my application was put on hold ( problem is they forgot to tell me this on their own!!) Thank god i emailed them or else id still be waiting not having any clue about all this.

I took out a private loan as well as federal ( new policy states " you must have private funds made available to you before entering uk) therefore i had to send in a bank statement to prove i had x amount of money.

yes i am grateful to be able to send that in, but it would have been nice if they would have told me about it. I re-sent that last week overnight. I waited few more days without a response, i decided to e-mail them again, and last night finally got an email saying it would be made a matter of priority, but go figure....another day has passed and im sure another few more will as well. You cant believe anything they say.

They need better customer service and tracking like with passports, this is unacceptable in my eyes.

I am just mentally exhausted, this whole process has been unreal, with no end in sight.

Goodluck to you, im sure yours will be ok. The 48hours begins when you get the first email so by the 11th you will probably know as long as everything you sent is good to go. If you dont hear anything the rest of week, id email them monday.

Awesome...well hopefully your app will be taken care of soon! Best of luck, and thanks for the advice! I hope this is over soon. Keep us posted!!
09/2010 - Moved to UK
06/2011 - Met Partner
01/2012 - Tier 1 PSW
12/2013 - Married
01/2014 - FLR(M)

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2010, 03:07:57 PM »
So just an update:

Wow, is it really taking that long in the LA consulate? I'm really worried now. Did you use just loans as evidence for your application? I can't imagine why it's taking so long beyond them just being extremely slow. I really hope you and Syntax both get your visas soon, when are you two leaving?

I still haven't even sent my application in (hopefully today or tomorrow), and I really can't afford to wait a week for a response. Just out of curiosity, did you send your application via USPS or Fedex? I'm trying to decide which way to go in sending it out. 
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 03:11:19 PM by cpw0021 »

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2010, 04:28:54 PM »
Wow, is it really taking that long in the LA consulate? I'm really worried now. Did you use just loans as evidence for your application? I can't imagine why it's taking so long beyond them just being extremely slow. I really hope you and Syntax both get your visas soon, when are you two leaving?

I still haven't even sent my application in (hopefully today or tomorrow), and I really can't afford to wait a week for a response. Just out of curiosity, did you send your application via USPS or Fedex? I'm trying to decide which way to go in sending it out. 

I used USPS and it was received the next day at noon. However, they didn't open it until that following Monday. No, I didn't use loans either, it was pretty straight forward with bank statements. But if you really can't wait a week, the only way it appears people are assuring themselves a quick response is by actually going into the consulate with a premium appointment. To be honest, I may have paid the extra for a plane ticket to LA had I known it would be this backed up. If you can't do that, I would definitely get that in ASAP. Best of luck to you!
09/2010 - Moved to UK
06/2011 - Met Partner
01/2012 - Tier 1 PSW
12/2013 - Married
01/2014 - FLR(M)

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2010, 05:29:01 PM »
I used USPS and it was received the next day at noon. However, they didn't open it until that following Monday. No, I didn't use loans either, it was pretty straight forward with bank statements. But if you really can't wait a week, the only way it appears people are assuring themselves a quick response is by actually going into the consulate with a premium appointment. To be honest, I may have paid the extra for a plane ticket to LA had I known it would be this backed up. If you can't do that, I would definitely get that in ASAP. Best of luck to you!

Yeah, unfortunately tickets to LA from where I am aren't cheap at the moment. I'm sending mine USPS too, but I'm not putting it in a Express mail flat rate envelop because I don't want to have to write all the crap on the envelop again (all the World Bridge priority info, my departure date, etc.) and I want them to see everything clearly, it hopes they'll open it once they get it. I'm using just federal loans for my application, which is why I still haven't sent mine in (waiting for my loan letter to arrive).

It's funny, when I applied for a French visa last year and was able to just go to the consulate here and walk out with my visa (it was way cheaper, only $150 for the whole application; they didn't charge to make an in-person appointment either), I couldn't imagine how much it must have sucked to have to drive or mail stuff into a consulate. Now I realize we've got it even worse than the French visa people because there are about 10 French consulates (most of which receive applications from neighboring states, which makes driving over not so bad) that issue visas in the US, we have to suffer with only three British consulates that do... although I'm pretty sure most major cities in the the US have a British consulate.    Unfair!

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2010, 05:48:57 PM »
wow finally got the email stating my visa has been issued!!

update.

Priority Service to NY consulate. (way over 48hours processing)

Sent Documents UPS: Monday July 26, 2010
UPS Tracker Arrived: Tuesday 10:14am, July 27, 2010
E-Mail confirmation: Wednesday 2:30pm, July 28, 2010
Re-sent proof of funds: August 4, 2010.
Email issuing Student Visa: August 11, 2010 (11:12am)
Visa/Passport Delivered:

I did have to contact the embassy twice via e-mail ( was not told that i needed to re-send something, but grateful i had the opportunity to do so.)

If anyone has questions, advice or anything let me know. Good luck!!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab