Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Student Visa's processing timetable  (Read 10687 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Student Visa's processing timetable
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2010, 02:01:28 PM »
Oh WOW! Well congrats! I am happy it worked out for you! Very stressful! But with all of the stress and worry, I opened my return package to find that my official transcript was never opened. I had it mailed with an official seal from my undergrad university as support for my CAS, and they never even opened it! I know I shouldn't complain, as I did get my visa. But frustrating that they don't seem to be as strict themselves, as they ask us to be.

Anyway, good luck in Dublin and congrats again!!

Yeah, they aren't strict at all, well, except with security.  That is by far the most airtight consulate I've ever been in.  The guy I gave my stuff to literally looked at it for less than five minutes, said it was fine, and then gave me a ticket to come back in SIX HOURS. Why in the world does it take so long? When I got my French visa last year I had to wait an hour for them to do it (admittedly it's not as fancy with the raised sections and stuff like the UK one, but still).  I'm happy my flight wasn't leaving until 4pm, because I would have had to had it overnighted to me. I'm just so relieved.  Now I can enjoy the month I have before school starts.

« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2010, 07:42:48 PM »
Funny, brumstudent- they didn't open my official transcripts either.  And, I didn't send a diploma because I've yet to receive mine.

It seems odd that I didn't pay priority, and yet I received my visa in the same time period as some who paid priority.  14 days to approval, and 15 days visa in my hand.  Maybe a lesson for the future? It seems awfully unfair. 
"It’s life. You don’t figure it out. You just climb up on the beast and ride." - Rebecca Wells

« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2010, 10:58:33 PM »
Hi, I'm applying for a visit visa so this might not be the topic to post in. But its along the same lines. I mailed the application FedEx overnight with priority processing on 08/17 (Tuesday) and tracker says it was delivered on 08/18 (wednesday) around 10am. I haven't received a confirmation email saying the application was received. Should I be worried and follow up with the embassy or has anyone gotten late confirmation emails as well. I thought the confirmation email came pretty quickly. Thanks.

« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2010, 11:00:02 PM »
Applying to New York consulate btw.

« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2010, 12:43:17 AM »
Applying to New York consulate btw.

Hi Kraus! I wouldn't worry. I sent mine in on 8/4 (Wednesday) and the USPS tracking said it was received on 8/5, which was a Thursday. However, I didn't receive an email from the consulate until the following Monday (8/9).

And this was priority! Good luck and don't worry!!!
08/2010 - Tier 4 Student Visa Issued
09/2010 - Moved to UK
06/2011 - Met Partner
01/2012 - Tier 1 PSW
12/2013 - Married
01/2014 - FLR(M)

« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2010, 03:56:33 AM »
Got an email today saying the visa had been approved.  :)  so  dates go:
8/17 9pm - mailed app
8/18 10am'ish - Fedex confirmed delivery
8/20 9.22am - email saying application had been received by the embassy and was being processed
8/20 2pm - email saying visa had been issued
Waiting to get visa in mail.

Thank you everyone and good luck as well. UK here I come.

• Liked: 7
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2010, 01:17:15 PM »
Just an update:

For me:

16 July (Friday)- Biometrics, and posted to NY Consulate, using priority service.
19 July (Monday)- FedEx tracker says package has been delivered
20 July (Tuesday)- Email from consulate saying application has been received
20 July (Tuesday)- Email saying visa has been issued
22 July (Thursday)- Picked up visa from local UPS (after 2 failed delivery attempts)

23 July (Friday)- Emailed ny complaints to have my visa validity dates corrected.
23 July- 10 August- back and forth quoting ukba guidelines  with no success....had my uni contact the ukba in London, who then contacted ukba in NY.....another error was made on the date (typo??? pretty hard to be a typo for a full word "November vs. January"), and trying to get back in touch with that person=impossible....back and forth some more)

13 August- Passport arrived back at the consulate, (addressed to a specific ECO)
18 August- wondering what the heck's taking so long, email said ECO.

19 August- Email with "Visa has been issued"
20 August (Friday)- Got my visa at UPS!

I really didnt expect this to take nearly a month to resolve.  But now I'm done with it.  I'm glad I had the time to have it fixed, but am highly disappointed in how the ukba treats its customers (especially after I paid for priority service!).  I dont even know where to start with the angry letter i'm writing! ???
2007-Short Term Student;   2010-T4;   2011-T1 PSW;   2013-FLR(M);    2015-ILR;    2016 - Citizenship (approved!)

« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2010, 05:38:48 PM »
If any other students want to keep a record of there status/timetables we can do it here.

Wednesday, August 11, mailed applications (student and dependant) to LA around 2pm
Thursday, August 12, UPS confirmed delivered
Friday, August 13, We have received your application at the UK Border Agency in Los Angeles and it is currently being processed.

Waiting, waiting, anxiously waiting!
Scheduled to leave September 10, might squeak through!

« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2010, 06:53:22 AM »
Last week of July - Submitted online application
First week of August - Biometrics Appointment
08/06 - Application delivered before Noon (mailed on the 4th)
08/09 - Email confirming application was received
08/27 - STILL waiting 15 business days later

I was told that it would take 5 to 15 business days to process in 90% of the cases, but I am still waiting and have not been contacted since the email confirmation was received.  The website says that 98% of cases have their applications accepted within 10 days, so I am stressing out and hope nothing has been misplaced.  I didn't submit it Priority as I had no idea this option was even available or that it would take so long...  but I certainly now wish I had!  I thought that I had left more than enough time, but it looks like I'm about to lose all of my flights.

« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2010, 07:13:47 AM »
Welcome Penchant.  :) What consulate did you submit to?  Can you see any possible complications with your application?
"It’s life. You don’t figure it out. You just climb up on the beast and ride." - Rebecca Wells

« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2010, 07:26:15 PM »
Business day 16 and counting! Ahhhhh....

Tier 4 student and dependant visa sent to LA. Still nothing.

Supposed to leave the middle of nowhere in which I live next Friday morning to fly out of a real airport 6 hours away. And, of course, the consulate is closed for Labor Day on Monday.

All this waiting is horrible!

« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2010, 08:04:57 PM »
For me it took 2 1/2 weeks mailing into the NYC consulate.  According to the timetables they said student visas were 90% decided in 2 days at that office.

But I didn't even know priority was an option?? Where did everyone find this out? 

« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2010, 08:12:08 PM »
But I didn't even know priority was an option?? Where did everyone find this out? 

WorldBridge

Select United States and then 'Additional Services' from the menu on the left.

Student visas have 2 options.

A Premium Appointment service for same day processing where you appear in person at the Consulate or a Priority Service for 48 hour processing by mail.

« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2010, 08:36:41 PM »
Does anyone know about the Chicago Consulate?  I'm really worried about it.  Has anyone on here sent in a student visa to them this summer, or ever?  They seem to have the lowest volume according to their website and also seem to have the highest wait time.

This is the time table:
8/10: Received CAS from UoE
8/17: Biometrics taken (this was the earliest appointment)
8/18: According to UPS tracking the Consulate mailroom receieved the package at 8:55am

I never receieved a confirmation email that they had even receieved the package- is this something I should be worried about?  Or is this pretty typical of the Chi consulate?

Thanks for any advice you could give me, I would appreciate ANYTHING!
- Desperate
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 09:52:38 PM by emusgjerd01 »

« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2010, 09:20:05 PM »
WorldBridge

A Premium Appointment service for same day processing where you appear in person at the Consulate or a Priority Service for 48 hour processing by mail.

Wow, wish I had realized that as it would have caused me less stress!  I couldn't apply until 4 weeks out because I was out of the country on a trip before that so needed my passport.  I was wondering what would happen if you couldn't be without your passport that long...

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab