Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: All Things Beer!  (Read 63932 times)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
Re: All Things Beer!
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2011, 08:37:16 AM »
Well, I tried it last night, and while not particularly pumpkin-y it's definitely got some kind of autumnal-ness to it (these are technical terms, of course  ;)). I found it enjoyable. We also bought the Spooks Ale, because they had that too and I couldn#t really pass up a beer that says "Drink If You Dare!!!" on it. I'm such a sucker for Halloween stuff!  :P

Heheheh I was going to post pretty much the same thing!!! Lol
I found no pumpkin-ness in it at all -especially having been spoiled by amazing pumpkin beers in the US, but it was a decent beer.  I also bought some spooks ale, that's for tonight  ;)
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 3
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2011, 03:52:52 PM »
Heheheh I was going to post pretty much the same thing!!! Lol
I found no pumpkin-ness in it at all -especially having been spoiled by amazing pumpkin beers in the US, but it was a decent beer.  I also bought some spooks ale, that's for tonight  ;)
Had the Pumpking last night, it was ok but nothing special.....the Spooks ale was nicer.
"We don't want our chocolate to get cheesy!"

« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2011, 09:04:45 PM »
Going to the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway beer festival on Friday for an afternoon session.
http://www.kwvr.co.uk/beerfestival.html

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2011, 12:07:40 PM »
Saw Sam Adams beer in Tesco the other day which I thought was cool! Now all they need is the seasonal, Octoberfest please!?! Sam Summer? That would be great!
You're stuck with me!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2011, 01:02:47 PM »
Been enjoying Christmas Beer! I had Santa’s Swallie the other day and that was gorgeous and Caringorm Brewery's Santa's Sledgehammer is yummy.  I <3 Christmas Beer! What else is good? Mmmm... 

You're stuck with me!

• Pajama Enthusiast
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2011, 03:53:07 PM »
Ooooh I haven't had a chance to get anything festive yet! However, I have a date with my mom at the Bottle King when I get back to the US on Thursday. She's been bitten by the yumtastic beer bug recently (after years of drinking either Budweiser or White Zinfandel), and gets quite chuffed talking about a new beer she's tried.  :) I think we'll need to give a Christmas one a go.

I have really been in the mood for dark beers the last couple of weeks, what with winter coming and everything, so I did randomly buy a bottle of Kaiserdom last week, though I can't remember specifically what it was. Nice and dark without being stout-y (though I do like a stout), and with a bit of a roasted note to it. Was delish.  :)
"It is really a matter of ending this silence and solitude, of breathing and stretching one's arms again."

• Liked: 9
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2011, 05:49:12 PM »
While we were out last night, I had a pint of Christmas Cracker (Tetley), and it was amazing, with a nutty, vanilla yumminess to it, but the vanilla wasn't overpowering. At the next pub I had a pint of Santa's Little Helper and that was good too. I can't remember the brewery, but Google says it is Caledonian. That one was incredible, spicy and hoppy.

Tomorrow we're planning to try a pint of Good Elf (Thwaites) while we are out for hubby's pool league game.
“It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.” Joe Moore

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2011, 09:50:08 PM »
3 words  ;D

Harvey's Christmas Ale!
(it's like liquid Christmas Pudding in a pint glass!)  :D

« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2011, 12:05:26 PM »
Acorn's Cracker which just tasted like a normal beer, very nice it was but it didn't seem like a Christmas brew.
York Brewery's Humbug which was very dark and almost treacley.
Had a bottle of Morrison's own label Chestnut Beer at the weekend and that was nice. It's brewed by Titanic Brewery, as are all Morrison's seasonal beers.
Got a bottle of Bateman's Rosy Nosy and also White Horse Brewery's Rudolph the Red Nosed White Horse.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2012, 12:36:55 PM »
Ahh Tykeman, I spent last weekend in Yorkshire and I can see why you just have truly awesome beer.  Jealous!!!! 
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 584
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2012, 12:54:46 PM »
So PB... what did you drink while you were in Yorkshire?
My local has just finished having a Yorkshire & Lancashire beer festival, and it was fab, as so many of my favourites were on:  Ossett Silver King & Excelsior, Phoenix White Monk & Arizona, Pictish Alchemist, Abbeydale Absolution & Deception, and Saltaire's Elderflower Blonde... I've been in beer heaven!

The cellarman texted me last night to let me know he's got one barrel left of Ossett Silver King, and is putting it on tonight, so no prizes for guessing where I'm heading straight from work!  ;D

« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2012, 01:09:41 PM »
Ahh Tykeman, I spent last weekend in Yorkshire and I can see why you just have truly awesome beer.  Jealous!!!! 

Heading to the Rotherham beer festival this evening - over 80 beers to choose from!  ;D

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2012, 09:41:06 PM »
So PB... what did you drink while you were in Yorkshire?

I can't even remember names - lots of Yorkshire Brewery ones and a Leeds Brewery one when I was out with Mrs Robinson and Andee. There were many pints that day  ;)

I think I did have an Ossett Silver King one night, awesome stuff!

Mmm beer!
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 584
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2012, 07:14:55 AM »
How was the Rotherham fest, Tykeman?
I see that Abbeydale (one of my favourite breweries!) won the top award... what beer was it for?

Does your wife drink real ale as well?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 08:22:11 AM by Tracey »

« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2012, 09:59:33 PM »
How was the Rotherham fest, Tykeman?
I see that Abbeydale (one of my favourite breweries!) won the top award... what beer was it for?

Does your wife drink real ale as well?

It was good, huge festival, great venue. I misread about 80 ales, there were 200! Plus ciders and wine.
My wife does not drink real ale but likes the ciders. Although she'll occasionally have wheat beers or porters.

Abbeydale moonshine won the top award, I didn't have any as I try to go for beers I've not had before when I go to a beer festival.
The top porter award went to Brown Cow brewery's Thriller in Vanilla, lovely and smooth with a hint of vanilla.

It was a bit strange in that there were some very common beers there such as Black Sheep, Timmy Taylor's Landlord and Bombadier - can't think why anyone would want those at a festival!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab