Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: All Things Beer!  (Read 64179 times)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
Re: All Things Beer!
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2012, 12:10:09 PM »
Well the Beer shop has a 'suggest a beer' thing on their website.
So I've requested they get some Shipyard Beer- Specifically the Pumpkinead   ;) 

That said, the Wachusett Brewery has the best pumpkin beer I have ever had. But that's a very small brewery, so Shipyard may be more do-able. Of course it has to be Pumpkin beer time to get it.  

The poor beer shop may get innondated wtih my requests for good American microbrews.....  hehehe  ;D
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Pajama Enthusiast
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2012, 01:02:09 PM »

That said, the Wachusett Brewery has the best pumpkin beer I have ever had. But that's a very small brewery, so Shipyard may be more do-able. Of course it has to be Pumpkin beer time to get it.  

The poor beer shop may get innondated wtih my requests for good American microbrews.....  hehehe  ;D

Oh man, I can't wait for pumpkin beer time!  :D
"It is really a matter of ending this silence and solitude, of breathing and stretching one's arms again."

• Liked: 1
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2012, 04:59:12 PM »
Oh man, I can't wait for pumpkin beer time!  :D

Haha, I have a six pack of pumpkin beer sitting around from last fall. You're welcome to some of it.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2012, 08:08:25 PM »

Oh Pumpkinhead...going to miss it so much this year :(
09/08/2011-Glyn leaves for UK
01/30/2012-Biometrics for UK spousal & dependent visas sent out w/ application same day
02/03/2012-Email from UK Consul General application needs further processing will receive decision within 10 working days.
02/09/2012-Request for more payslips and custody papers for daughter.
02/22/2012-Submit the requested documents with prayers.
02/24/2012-UK settlement visas issued :)
03/12/2012-Arrive in MAN UK :)

• Pajama Enthusiast
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2012, 09:19:05 PM »
Haha, I have a six pack of pumpkin beer sitting around from last fall. You're welcome to some of it.

I would take you up on it immediately if I did not establish a personal rule that I do not drink pumpkin beer/coffee or eat pumpkin related food items until the 1st of September. However, when the 1st of September arrives, I would be glad to share that glorious moment with you!  ;D
"It is really a matter of ending this silence and solitude, of breathing and stretching one's arms again."

• Liked: 1
« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2012, 10:12:47 PM »
I would take you up on it immediately if I did not establish a personal rule that I do not drink pumpkin beer/coffee or eat pumpkin related food items until the 1st of September. However, when the 1st of September arrives, I would be glad to share that glorious moment with you!  ;D

Haha, I have a friend like that! I think it's ok to enjoy the deliciousness of pumpkin all year long. ;)

• Liked: 585
« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2012, 07:58:29 AM »
 ???  pumpkin beer  ???
I've never tasted it, but... it doesn't even sound nice at all, to me.  :-X

Does it taste of actual pumpkin... the vegetable/gourd/plant/whatever ?
Or does it taste of the spices we generally associate with pumpkin, like cinnamon, nutmeg, etc?

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2012, 08:30:26 AM »
T, it's more like the spices associated with pumpkin, pumpkin pie like, hint of sweetness-   I think its akin to a lot of the real Christmas ales you get around here.

The first time I had Pumpkinhead, I was hooked...
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2012, 09:14:41 AM »
Oh right... spices like Christmas ale... got it now! 
I'd agree that you probably wouldn't want to drink that in a beer garden on a warm summer's day!

« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2012, 01:23:04 PM »
I meant to post about my recent business trip to Edinburgh so calling in at the Bow BAr - got a new fave beer now....Cairngorn Brewery's Wildcat - lovely reddish beer.

Last weekend we went to Masham in North Yorkshire.....home to both Theakston and Black Sheep breweries, had some lovely brews of theirs that I'd not come across before.
"We don't want our chocolate to get cheesy!"

• Liked: 0
« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2012, 04:42:49 PM »
I meant to post about my recent business trip to Edinburgh so calling in at the Bow BAr - got a new fave beer now....Cairngorn Brewery's Wildcat - lovely reddish beer.

Last weekend we went to Masham in North Yorkshire.....home to both Theakston and Black Sheep breweries, had some lovely brews of theirs that I'd not come across before.

Will have to try and remember Cairngorn Brewery's Wildcat when we go to Edinburgh for Mr MLG's birthday. Mr MLG is fond of the Black Sheep - he'd probably love to go to the brewery!  :)

When he was a uni student in Sweden, I am sure he went with his classmates over to the Carlsberg Brewery in Copenhagen. And we had to do the Guinness thing in Dublin...... :P

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2012, 05:45:31 PM »
Cairngorn Brewery's Wildcat - lovely reddish beer.

Yes, this one is gorgeous!
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2012, 06:49:43 PM »
Will have to try and remember Cairngorn Brewery's Wildcat when we go to Edinburgh for Mr MLG's birthday.

It'll be a guest ale, so not on all the time.  But the Bow Bar is a really good pub that usually has something good on!

• Liked: 9
« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2012, 07:22:53 PM »
We hit two Fuller's pubs today, and had one pint each per pub. They have some gorgeous beer. I like that we can get the bottles (of some) up North, but I love the selection here, and the fact you can get a pint.
“It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.” Joe Moore

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #104 on: April 11, 2012, 07:38:42 PM »
I was in the big Fullers pub on London Bridge in December... the Barrowboy & Banker... and had a great pint of ESB.  I was disappointed to see that Discovery and Honey Dew were only available on keg that day.

The following month I went to the Winter Ales festival in Manchester and was able to get a pint of gravity fed Golden Pride (8.5%!) which was a nice treat.

Sponsored Links