Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: WANTED: one bedroom flat or studio in Nottingham - Lace Market area  (Read 1689 times)

• Liked: 0
Hello all,

I haven't found a housing section in the forum.

I am looking for a one bedroom apt or a studio around Nottingham's Lace Market area or close to that area towards city centre.  I need to move in around 14th-17th of September.

Thanks in advance if you have any info!

Re: WANTED: one bedroom flat or studio in Nottingham - Lace Market area
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 07:55:04 AM »
Always best to start with the local paper listings: http://www.findaproperty.com/searchresults.aspx?edid=00&salerent=1&areaid=9087

Good Luck to you!

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 09:13:28 AM »
is there any reason you are specifically looking for the Lace Market area? I know people who've tried to rent around there and have had trouble finding flats to rent; most of the flats that come up there are for sale, even in the new developments.

If you expand your search to bit further out you'll probably have a bit better luck with rentals.

In addition to the link Weby gave you, take a look at gumtree.  If you have any questions about areas or transport, let me know.

• Liked: 7
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 11:59:36 AM »
I am looking for a one bedroom apt or a studio around Nottingham's Lace Market area or close to that area towards city centre.  I need to move in around 14th-17th of September.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't quite yet have accommodation sorted :)  I've been using the same link that WebyJ quoted, but I'm planning on viewing a few places in person before committing to something.
2007-Short Term Student;   2010-T4;   2011-T1 PSW;   2013-FLR(M);    2015-ILR;    2016 - Citizenship (approved!)

• Liked: 14
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 01:13:51 PM »
www.yourmove.co.uk
also does lettings as well as sales.

also do a search for letting companies in that area and it will come up with a listing of those with their websites.

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 09:50:59 PM »
is there any reason you are specifically looking for the Lace Market area? I know people who've tried to rent around there and have had trouble finding flats to rent; most of the flats that come up there are for sale, even in the new developments.

If you expand your search to bit further out you'll probably have a bit better luck with rentals.

In addition to the link Weby gave you, take a look at gumtree.  If you have any questions about areas or transport, let me know.

Thanks.  I think city centre would be OK as well.  I'm not familiar with Nottingham and I'm basing this on using Google Maps, it looks like a nice (architecturally) and upbeat area.  I get very depressed living in secluded areas, I like to hear a little noise and feel like getting a carton of milk is no big deal hehe otherwise I feel trapped.  I guess city centre could be OK.

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 09:54:29 PM »
Glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't quite yet have accommodation sorted :)  I've been using the same link that WebyJ quoted, but I'm planning on viewing a few places in person before committing to something.

Hi! Yes, I have looking at sties such as gumtree, nestoria, hadn't seen the one WebyJ posted.  I posted here because I started to get worried since I emailed a few agencies and hadn't heard back from them.

Today thankfully I have heard from two different agents.

I arrive the 14th, so I'm thinking I might to do the same thing, will be staying at the University until the 18th so maybe I can view places throughout that week.  I was just worried because some places you can't just arrive and expect to find decent accommodation within a week, but I'm getting the feeling now that there will be options when I arrive there.

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 09:55:02 PM »
www.yourmove.co.uk
also does lettings as well as sales.

also do a search for letting companies in that area and it will come up with a listing of those with their websites.

Thanks!

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 11:33:47 PM »
Thanks.  I think city centre would be OK as well.  I'm not familiar with Nottingham and I'm basing this on using Google Maps, it looks like a nice (architecturally) and upbeat area.  I get very depressed living in secluded areas, I like to hear a little noise and feel like getting a carton of milk is no big deal hehe otherwise I feel trapped.  I guess city centre could be OK.

I was thinking a bit futher out lol.  A lot depends on what you are looking at spending and if you would be willing to do a flat (or house) share (i've been seeing quite of few of these posted at work.)  A lot of the student areas are going to give you the noise and non-seculded feeling.  TBH I don't find much in Nottingham to be secluded, I may complain about the buses, but we live on the edge of Nottingham so it's to be expected. 

i'm not sure what they have in the way of city centre flats, but take a look at this link:  http://www.netletnottingham.co.uk/search.asp  it is for an organisation called unipol that does a lot of student lets.  There are some studios in a place called trinity square which is across from the major shopping centre in town and really close to Nottingham Trent University.  They are run by a company called Derwent Living and have studios along with en-suites, but the contracts don't start until the 25th...

Another couple of areas to look at are Lenton and the Arboretum; they are outside the city centre, but have good bus connections in, and are big student areas so you'll not have to worry about it being too quiet.  Stay away from The Meadows or St. Anns.

Any questions let me know. :)

• Liked: 6
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 12:14:56 AM »
Local agents are unlikely to do anything for you before you arrive but you should be able to set up appointments for when you arrive. A couple of other sites to look at are primelocation and rightmove.

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 01:28:32 AM »
Thanks for the sites pengi and gretel44.

pengi, do you know anything about King's Walk?  Apparently it's a small street, but it's not walkable in Google Maps.  (There's a 1-bedroom available there, they just got back to me saying they don't have internal photos.)

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2010, 08:53:34 AM »
I do know Kings Walk - my bus stops right outside it.  It's not bad, is fairly open and gets a decent amount of foot traffic, so I wouldn't be particularly worried about safety (some of the places in the Lace Market, I would). The only thing I could see as being a problem is as the drunks make their way from the bars on Foreman Street.

Sponsored Links