Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Halloween/Thanksgiving  (Read 2292 times)

• Jennifer Knits
  • Liked: 1
Re: Halloween/Thanksgiving
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 03:27:09 PM »
I've been having a bit of a downer 'cause I'd been collecting Halloween decorations as I could afford them for the last couple of years and I got rid of them before moving over here (I got rid of a lot of stuff before I realized how much I could ship over under the minimum fee) and the stores are full of Christmas decorations but nothing for Halloween so I don't know how I'll replace any of it  :(  :(  :(

I should probably give Etsy a try before I break out the cheese and tiny violin.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 04:36:30 PM »
For Halloween, we're going to the NFL game at Wembley.  Not exactly seasonal, but my husband is beside himself with anticipation!  I'm headed to the US for a few weeks at the beginning of October, so I will definitely be bringing back candy corn.   ;D

My dad will be over for Thanksgiving this year, which will be really nice.  We may do dinner out with other expats, but I'm leaning toward cooking a turkey myself, so I get exactly what I want.   :P  My husband will be at work during the day, but I am pretty sure my dad will be firing up the slingbox to watch some football!  It's been a rough holiday for my family for the past few years, as it's right around my mom's birthday, so it's always a bit of a fight to have a nice day and not compare it to better times when she was with us.  It'll be nice that my dad is here in London, since it's not a UK holiday, everything will be open and we won't be sitting at home all mopey.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 07:49:18 PM »
I don't do anything for Halloween but have had a big Thanksgiving meal for the past two years with my British friends. I do it on the Saturday, though, due to myself and everyone else working. I do the full lot...turkey, ham, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potato soufle, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, etc. My friends all have different tastes and the first time they saw marshmallows on sweet potatoes they were a little freaked out...but most of them liked it!! They really enjoy the gathering and we always have lots of fun. It is just like a pre-Christmas!!

Sponsored Links