55 (7.8%)
Through family
15 (2.1%)
As penpals!
13 (1.8%)
other
58 (8.2%)

Total Members Voted: 638

Topic: How Did It All Begin??  (Read 95943 times)

• Liked: 537
Re: How Did It All Begin??
« Reply #300 on: April 24, 2019, 09:51:01 PM »
Pretty sure I'm in this thread... And it was a really lovely story and it would be a nice movie... But since I've gotten here it's been hard.

Depression. Health issues. And being so far from my family and friends. It's work. And I never thought a relationship would just be easy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #301 on: April 24, 2019, 10:00:26 PM »
Pretty sure I'm in this thread... And it was a really lovely story and it would be a nice movie... But since I've gotten here it's been hard.

Depression. Health issues. And being so far from my family and friends. It's work. And I never thought a relationship would just be easy.

I feel ya.

The way we met could be classified as “interesting” and nice to some. But once we decided to be together and make things work it wasn’t smooth sailing by any means. I felt like it was tough being apart initially and then when I initially moved, it definitely messed with my mental health because I had to relearn coping mechanisms and my husband originally did shift work so being alone on weekends without even my family nearby was definitely tough for a bit.

Moving countries and uprooting your life will most likely not be all joy and rainbows just because it sounds to some like a fairytail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 537
« Reply #302 on: April 24, 2019, 11:27:00 PM »
I feel ya.

The way we met could be classified as “interesting” and nice to some. But once we decided to be together and make things work it wasn’t smooth sailing by any means. I felt like it was tough being apart initially and then when I initially moved, it definitely messed with my mental health because I had to relearn coping mechanisms and my husband originally did shift work so being alone on weekends without even my family nearby was definitely tough for a bit.

Moving countries and uprooting your life will most likely not be all joy and rainbows just because it sounds to some like a fairytail.

This exactly. This was a thread to share the happy meet cutes, the rest of the forum is for our moaning, b*tching, and general raucousness.

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #303 on: April 25, 2019, 07:54:02 AM »
This exactly. This was a thread to share the happy meet cutes, the rest of the forum is for our moaning, b*tching, and general raucousness.

Haha nailed it!  We have to try not to be cynical SOMEWHERE

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Sponsored Links