Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: 30 Day Shred  (Read 10218 times)

30 Day Shred
« on: September 20, 2010, 10:23:26 AM »
I know a few of you have this and I'm just starting.

Saturday I did it for the first time on level one and I have to admit that when I first previewed level 1 I didn't think it looked too difficult. But doing it was another story. I guess I'm more unfit than I thought I was. I took Sunday off because I was VERY VERY sore and it was DH's day off.

Today I did level 1 again and I managed to do about 98% of the entire thing, it helped my 2 year old was cheering me on while I was doing it  :) 'Go Momma Go!'...bless. So I'll see how I feel tomorrow but I may be taking another rest day because I have a dentist appointment midday.

How have you found it?

• Liked: 0
Re: 30 Day Shred
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 10:30:07 AM »
I am pretty sure you are supposed to take rest days between exercise to let the muscles recover....That said I don't really exercise and have no idea what the 30 day shred is! Good for you though for doing it.....I find it so difficult to make myself exercise even though the motivation to do so should be compelling. My excuse is 4 kids but now that the youngest just started school I will have to think of another one!
Patiently waiting for visas!

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 10:33:14 AM »
It's pretty good only 20 minutes a day. I have a 2 year old so it's all the time I feel that I can waste on myself -- I can't go for walks for hours a day like I used to.

But you can check it out here: http://jillianmichaels.shop.sportstoday.com/Product.aspx?pc=JIAM13 . I got my copy off eBay.co.uk, but they have it at amazon.co.uk really inexpensively as well.

• British by descent
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 11:30:49 AM »
I did 5 days in a row of level 1, and then fell off the wagon a bit with a neck crick that didn't allow me to move. :( This morning I was lazy so I slept in, but I'll probably do level 1 again tonight, and/or tomorrow morning.

I didn't notice a huge issue not taking days off, the first 2-3 days were rough but then my body adjusted to the whole concept of working your muscles. ;) I think "officially" you're supposed to do level 1 for 10 days in a row, then level 2 for 10 days, then level 3 for 10 days, with no time off, but honestly, I think if you can fit it in 3-5 times/week you're doing well. :)
Moved to London February 5, 2010

• Jennifer Knits
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 06:09:29 PM »
I was thinking about starting a thread for this as well :D  I did it for the first time today and boy am I feeling it! I got to the side lunges with the arm raises and...yeah. I like how she keeps saying, "if you want if you have to earn it!"  That's apparently the kind of encouragement I need.  I bet tomorrow is going to hurt.

Is anyone else doing before and after pictures?

• British by descent
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 08:36:19 PM »
I got to the side lunges with the arm raises and...yeah. I like how she keeps saying, "if you want if you have to earn it!"  That's apparently the kind of encouragement I need.  I bet tomorrow is going to hurt.

Is anyone else doing before and after pictures?

Those kill me! Everything else I can do with at least some weight but I'm always doing the last 5-6 of those with no weights at all. (I think that'll be my sign to move to level 2, when I can do a full set with a weight of those!)

I did "before" pictures last summer, though I've lost 10lbs or so since moving here. Still, close enough, given that I haven't done any "workouts" before starting the 30 day shred video. I'll probably do after shots, too, though I have a couple of other workouts to try as well.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 09:22:51 AM »
WebyJ - way to go! This video will kick your A$$ for sure....I know I felt like I was sweating to the oldies when I did it...I fell off the wagon with this and the P90X.

Maybe I will have to take this up again once I feel better ;-)

• Liked: 2
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 09:35:51 AM »
Aw- Keep us updated with your progress! I've been looking for a good workout program for after the baby is born.  My friends in the US all swear by P90X- but it seems very intense.  I loved "The Biggest Loser" so maybe I'd stick by 30 Day Shred.  In any case keep up the good work! I have a huge respect for anybody that can stick to these programs, takes tons of motivation that is just not natural in me! :D
We stole countries with the cunning use of flags. Just sail around the world and stick a flag in. "I claim India for Britain!" They're going "You can't claim us, we live here! Five hundred million of us!" "Do you have a flag …? "What? We don't need a flag, this is our home, you bastards" "No flag, No Country, You can't have one! Those are the rules... that I just made up!...and I'm backing it up with this gun, that was lent to me from the National Rifle Association."

• British by descent
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 10:17:57 AM »
I've heard good things about P90X, but post-30 Day Shred I think I'm going to do the ChaLean workout (also Beachbody folks). It looks a bit less crazy, and like 30 Day, uses hand weights (I think P90X needs more equipment).

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 02:48:56 PM »
I did level 1 again yesterday and I feel pretty good today - just my calves are really sore is all. So I'll let my body rest today because I've been to the dentist for myself (cleaning & descaling) and DH had a crown done and give tomorrow on level 1 a go. I think I'll be doing it everyday after that.

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 10:33:53 AM »
Day 4...first time with the handweights, I think I'll feel this later. Still on level 1 but I can already tell that it's working. It helps that my 2 year old is my little cheerleader too! I CAN DO THIS! If I don't my weight will end up killing me one way or another.  :-\\\\

• Jennifer Knits
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 02:45:01 PM »
Today is day four for me as well (though I haven't actually done it yet).  I woke up so much less sore :)  So far, walking down a flight of stairs is the only everyday thing I've done that caused my muscles to ache.  *wiggles*

Everything else I can do with at least some weight but I'm always doing the last 5-6 of those with no weights at all.

Do you know it didn't even occure to me to do those without weights? I did the second set without weights yesterday and my arms were killing me but I managed to do them all. Thanks! :D

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 01:24:25 PM »
I have zero...ZERO motivation to do this today...yesterday my knees were aching so much that I found it difficult to sleep and having cramps just really makes me want to curl into a ball with my favorite blanket today anyway, but with a 2 year old that's just not possible...so a day off for me today and back at it tomorrow.

• British by descent
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2010, 02:52:35 PM »
I have zero...ZERO motivation to do this today...yesterday my knees were aching so much that I found it difficult to sleep and having cramps just really makes me want to curl into a ball with my favorite blanket today anyway, but with a 2 year old that's just not possible...so a day off for me today and back at it tomorrow.

Hope you feel better! I've been slacking on this this week, but am planning to get back in the groove tomorrow.

• Jennifer Knits
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2010, 04:38:35 PM »

Boo :(  I'm sorry you're hurting so much.  Hope you're feeling better tomorrow.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab