Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Anyone in Newcastle?  (Read 1362 times)

• Liked: 0
Anyone in Newcastle?
« on: November 29, 2010, 04:32:13 PM »
I just moved here about a month and a half ago. My fiance and I are getting married in January so no job yet. I am sick of being in the house all day and don't know my way around that well yet. Is there anyone who would want to meet up for tea and coffee? : )

Here is a link to my Facebook if anyone wants to add me:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=666774601

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
  • Liked: 3
Re: Anyone in Newcastle?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 07:09:26 PM »
Hey there! I'm in Amble, which is just about 26 miles north of Newcastle, but there is quite a group of Americans in that area. I don't get down there as much as I'd like to, but I could suggest you to a few friends I have in the area who go out a bit more often.  ;) Welcome!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 09:22:51 AM »
Oh that would be great! Thank you for the offer. I figured there would be quite a few of us americans around here. I have just never really seen anyone talk about Newcastle in the forums.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 11:09:54 AM »
I am not to far...I am in Durham ;-)
I get to newcastle once in a blue moon on Fridays normally to shop Ikea but now that Elly got a job I never get to meet up with her LOL

Julia - we still need to plan something, July 4th was a long long long time ago!

Welcome sarah!

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 12:28:52 PM »
I am not to far...I am in Durham ;-)
I get to newcastle once in a blue moon on Fridays normally to shop Ikea but now that Elly got a job I never get to meet up with her LOL

Julia - we still need to plan something, July 4th was a long long long time ago!

Welcome sarah!

Yes, we certainly do need to plan something... hmmm. Call me!

• Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 03:07:21 AM »
I'm still not familiar with the "lay of the land" (so to speak!) is that near New Castle Under Lyme by chance? That's where I will be soon hopefully, and I know I'm going to need friends because of not being able to work right away!!

If you don't mind Sarah, I would love to add you onto my facebook!! :)
~Amberelle

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 08:32:50 AM »
I'm still not familiar with the "lay of the land" (so to speak!) is that near New Castle Under Lyme by chance?

Unfortunately, it's not :(.

Newcastle-Under-Lyme is near Stoke-on-Trent in the county of Staffordshire (in the West Midlands) and the city of Newcastle is right up in North-East England towards the Scottish border... they are about 200 miles/3.5 hours apart :(.

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 08:38:00 AM »
I'm still not familiar with the "lay of the land" (so to speak!) is that near New Castle Under Lyme by chance?

Yeah the Newcastle-Under-Lyme & Newcastle-Upon-Tyne I still get them confused & so does my husband (and he's from here  ::)) I just remember it as the 'Under' is south of the 'Upon' which is up north...

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 11:09:23 AM »
Haha! Yeah, figured that one out quick! My fiancee gave me one of those "oh your cute!" kinda laughs and smiles then informed me it was like 4 hours away! Sheesh!

Well, if anyone is in the UNDER area, I'm here and new friends are ALWAYS a good thing for me!  ;D
~Amberelle

• I'm the person the Daily Mail warned you about
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 04:40:33 PM »
I'm in the Toon, too!  I'm still living under the rock that is known as my PhD thesis and have therefore been extremely anti-social, but feel free to PM me.
"I don't bother nobody, I'm a real nice guy.  Kinda laid back like a dead fly." --Rappin' Duke

• Smiley Gifts World
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 05:17:35 PM »
Haha! Yeah, figured that one out quick! My fiancee gave me one of those "oh your cute!" kinda laughs and smiles then informed me it was like 4 hours away! Sheesh!

Well, if anyone is in the UNDER area, I'm here and new friends are ALWAYS a good thing for me!  ;D
Hi, I am in Crewe-- there are a couple in this area, we aren't too far from the UNDER area :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab