Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Inconvenient Annoyances  (Read 510837 times)

• Liked: 672
Re: Inconvenient Annoyances
« Reply #10305 on: July 15, 2022, 02:31:23 AM »
In case you need the info - online, cheapest option I see:

Fexofenadine Hydrochloride Allergy Relief Tablets - up & up™ (Target) 180 mg 70 count $25.49 at Target
Equate Fexofenadine Hydrochloride (Walmart) 180 mg, 120 count $20.94

Both are over the counter.

• Liked: 387
« Reply #10306 on: July 15, 2022, 09:13:44 AM »
In case you need the info - online, cheapest option I see:

Fexofenadine Hydrochloride Allergy Relief Tablets - up & up™ (Target) 180 mg 70 count $25.49 at Target
Equate Fexofenadine Hydrochloride (Walmart) 180 mg, 120 count $20.94

Both are over the counter.

Fexofenadine is now available in the UK without prescription too. I get it prescribed, and my doctor is happy to keep prescribing it, but I was surprised to notice it on the shelves at Boots alongside the other hayfever tablets. I don't know if it'll be helpful if a specific brand name must be taken, but putting it out there just in case. :)

https://www.boots.com/allevia-120mg-tablets-x-30-10311751

• Liked: 957
« Reply #10307 on: July 15, 2022, 09:42:44 AM »
Fexofenadine is now available in the UK without prescription too. I get it prescribed, and my doctor is happy to keep prescribing it, but I was surprised to notice it on the shelves at Boots alongside the other hayfever tablets. I don't know if it'll be helpful if a specific brand name must be taken, but putting it out there just in case. :)

https://www.boots.com/allevia-120mg-tablets-x-30-10311751
I take up to 720mg daily and need timed release. The brand and dose I need also isn't available OTC, nor for the clinical indication I take it for.

« Reply #10308 on: July 15, 2022, 08:53:35 PM »
The Target ones say they are good for 24 hours.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #10309 on: September 04, 2022, 10:59:40 AM »
Not really an IA, but having a bit of a grump this weekend because my family are all down the cape visiting my aunt and cousins. They're at the pond today having a whale of a time. Obviously I'm not grumpy they are having fun, I'm just grumpy that I'm not lol. Even if we had the same type of "beach house/summer life" here as they have back at home in New England, it's too cold for that anyways, but I definitely do miss those summer traditions (and it makes me annoyed)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #10310 on: September 04, 2022, 02:46:35 PM »
Not really an IA, but having a bit of a grump this weekend because my family are all down the cape visiting my aunt and cousins. They're at the pond today having a whale of a time. Obviously I'm not grumpy they are having fun, I'm just grumpy that I'm not lol. Even if we had the same type of "beach house/summer life" here as they have back at home in New England, it's too cold for that anyways, but I definitely do miss those summer traditions (and it makes me annoyed)

Bummer!  If it makes it any easier, it's been in the upper 70s lower 80s with considerable humidity generally in the NE, so maybe not the best weather for a pond swim or lounging outdoors. :) There's also to be generalized soggy days today and tomorrow across the greater region, with temps only in the high 60Fs.

Interesting observation, though - I've run into several people up here that do this type of family vacation. I had never encountered it before, but they all chip in and buy a week at a house somewhere "vacationey" and they the entire extended family descends on it and has their vacation together.

A totally alien concept to me, but kinda neat. Assuming you like your extended family!  ;)

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #10311 on: September 04, 2022, 02:47:02 PM »
  Look who's back!   Glad to hear from you again.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #10312 on: September 05, 2022, 10:09:54 AM »

Huge hugs!! It's local fair time and soon will be the Big E, so that makes me hugely nostalgic and grumpy/sad when I see the pictures of everyone!
I'd love a fried dough and a frozen lemonade!

Re: Lake life - Makes me giggle because 'wild swimming' is all the rage right now. And I'm like, that's the only kind of swimming I ever did! Took swim lessons in lakes at home and summer camp and then we'd cycle to a local lake that was a couple of miles away and swim for hours and hours and hours (and my parents were happy to let us go since it was lifeguarded).  I wasn't lucky enough to actually live on a lake though. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 768
« Reply #10313 on: September 05, 2022, 02:19:58 PM »
Huge hugs!! It's local fair time and soon will be the Big E, so that makes me hugely nostalgic and grumpy/sad when I see the pictures of everyone!

Re: Lake life - Makes me giggle because 'wild swimming' is all the rage right now. And I'm like, that's the only kind of swimming I ever did! Took swim lessons in lakes at home and summer camp and then we'd cycle to a local lake that was a couple of miles away and swim for hours and hours and hours (and my parents were happy to let us go since it was lifeguarded).  I wasn't lucky enough to actually live on a lake though.
Wild Swimming in huge in Scotland and I laugh too because I'm from Florida and when did we not go wild swimming? I learnt how to swim when I was 2 in the lake (retention pond as I realise now. ) in my backyard which was full of gators and snakes.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #10314 on: September 05, 2022, 02:24:59 PM »
Yeap! My dad grew up in Florida too and he was horrified initially to learn that in New England you swim in the ponds and lakes!  ;D
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #10315 on: September 07, 2022, 10:20:02 PM »
Interesting observation, though - I've run into several people up here that do this type of family vacation. I had never encountered it before, but they all chip in and buy a week at a house somewhere "vacationey" and they the entire extended family descends on it and has their vacation together.

A totally alien concept to me, but kinda neat. Assuming you like your extended family!  ;)

hah I grew up spending most of my summer's down the cape at my Grandparent's house (I'd go down and spend weeks at a time with them some years). Now my aunt lives in the house and my cousin and her family live there, so my family go down to spend weekends, etc.. We had also gone to lake houses of friends of the family when I was younger (we didn't have one ourselves) in New Hampshire or Maine and we'd go out on their boat and just swim for hours and end the day with a BBQ and s'mores over a fire pit. While you can certainly get houses fairly remote out in nature, you just don't get those same vibes and it's definitely something that I wish I could pick up and transplant over here.

Look who's back!   Glad to hear from you again.

Cheers Jimbo :) I just bought and built a new gaming PC so trying to make time to actually sit and use the computer. Life has been crazy between all the hobbies so haven't been able to check in for some time. Thought I'd pop back on :) Hope you've all been keeping well!

Oh man!!! I do miss fried dough, even though I don't think I could tell anybody here as they would just think the concept of it as a whole was very mad and very American haha  As a kid, my mom would make me a breakfast of my choosing for many of my birthdays and most of the time it would be fried dough! My parents are coming for a month in November and will be here for my birthday....I might have to give my husband heart failure and ask my mom to make me friend dough. UGH i hate that this isn't really a thing here (it's easy enough to make, but the judgement is almost not worth the mess LOL).

I remember the first time I heard the term "wild swimming" (about a year or so ago) and I was like ...... is all swimming not wild swimming...? hahaha It's the only type of swimming (outside of pools - obviously) that I know! Calling it "wild swimming" sounds super silly to me! Although when I talk about how I would prefer a pond or a lake to the Ocean (as I hate salt water) any day, people over here are absolutely flabbergasted as they think ponds and lakes are super dirty. Maybe I have a warped memory, but I never remember the ponds or lakes I went into as any better or worse than the Ocean, and the added benefit was that it wasn't salty so I had no issue with going underwater and really living my best mermaid life. I remember people would have to force me out of the water.

Yeap! My dad grew up in Florida too and he was horrified initially to learn that in New England you swim in the ponds and lakes!  ;D

Did he only swim in the Ocean?

Pretty soon we'll be approaching that time of year when it's apple picking season in New England... And then I forget about that "lake life" and start thinking about all the apple cider donuts, apple orchard activities, and pumpkin spiced beer/everything I am missing out on. Oh well, this too shall pass. Plenty more important things to let bother me in the world!
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #10316 on: September 09, 2022, 01:00:22 AM »
Wild Swimming in huge in Scotland and I laugh too because I'm from Florida and when did we not go wild swimming? I learnt how to swim when I was 2 in the lake (retention pond as I realise now. ) in my backyard which was full of gators and snakes.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

All I can think of is leeches and brain-eating amoebas.

NOOOOO pond swimming for me, thenkyewverymuch.  ;)

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #10317 on: September 09, 2022, 08:56:36 AM »
Cheers Jimbo :) I just bought and built a new gaming PC so trying to make time to actually sit and use the computer.
    What fun!  My boy has become crazy for building PCs and we've built at least 4 together.   His gaming PC is all set up with water cooling and all the case lights possible, including light up sticks of dummy ram and light up keyboard.  He's been buying and trading video cards until he got a really nice one and forcing me to go to CEX far too many times. 

« Reply #10318 on: September 18, 2022, 05:50:25 PM »
    What fun!  My boy has become crazy for building PCs and we've built at least 4 together.   His gaming PC is all set up with water cooling and all the case lights possible, including light up sticks of dummy ram and light up keyboard.  He's been buying and trading video cards until he got a really nice one and forcing me to go to CEX far too many times.
I'm very lucky for my work as they let me do it in the office (during work hours ) and count it as personal development as well as being lucky to have some super nice engineers to help me!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My, how time flies....

• Liked: 957
« Reply #10319 on: January 02, 2023, 12:35:12 PM »
Trying to book a driving test here. After husband tried and failed for months I told him I'd set my alarm and try. Whyyyyyy do they do things at such inconvenient times? Releasing the road test slots at 6am Monday. Thank goodness I got it on the first try but now I'll have 3 days of being wiped out and in pain from the interrupted sleep. And the first available? Mid-June!

I've come to the conclusion I'm just not made for life here, but under the current conditions who is?

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab