Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Inconvenient Annoyances  (Read 510872 times)

• Jennifer Knits
  • Liked: 1
Re: Inconvenient Annoyances
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 01:20:37 PM »
My college was closed Monday and Tuesday because a pipe broke and flooded the server room - which included the servers for the council - taking down the website and email saying school was closed. That's fine; I don't have class on Mondays or Tuesdays.  There was an email yesterday saying that classes would be held today so I got up and got dressed and walked to campus (a little under 2 miles) in -10C only to have the teacher say there weren't enough students* to be worth having a class and that we could work on our projects and he'd be available for questions. Mind you on Wednesdays we're in the lecture hall because there's (usually) twice as many of us so we don't actually have a computer lab. He found rooms - plural! - where other classes were being taught but they were short students so we could use the extra computers. Also, because the other group (half the students have class MTW and half are WThF) didn't have class this week, he's not going to go over anything new with us tomorrow, either.  Then the guys in my group said it's not worth coming in for one session in the morning so I'm not going to have anything to do in my group project class. Grr.

The teacher for the other class we have today is doing a re-sit for the people who didn't pass the assessment(s) so I didn't have that class either.

* Mind you, about half the the students did show up.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 01:31:07 PM »
Thanks squirrellypoo!  The doctor said I should get a letter through in the next few days that was a please ring us to book an appointment for 3 or 4 months time, but that was only last week.  

Uggh- I hate the waiting for letters game.  At least if you knew when the appointment was, it'd be easier. But just waiting for that piece of paper sucks.

I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 12
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2010, 03:03:09 PM »
When he was here over Thanks. DH scraped down the peeling paint over the mantel and we had some matching paint mixed at Home Depot. So he painted over the naked patches and left it to dry but that whole wall will have to be painted. So he's gone back now and left all the junk from the living room piled up all over the house, rugs rolled up, etc. So either I nag DS to finish it or I do it myself. Only DH'll probably grumble about it whatever we do.
>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

• Liked: 2
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2010, 05:36:16 PM »
DH's flight was almost 2 hours late leaving Dublin, so now we're not sure if he'll make his connection to Dulles. Meanwhile my parents have to drive me all the way down to Dulles in the hopes that he makes it, I'll stand there and pray he comes, and if he doesn't I'll make my own way into DC to stay at the hotel. Totally annoying! He was already stressed about making the connection, so I know he's super-stressed now!

Dh is starting to stress about making our connecting flight in Chicago an we don't fly out till Sat mid morning the weather has extremely cold but no snow but it started snowing last night typical.  ::)  :P

My sister has 4 cats 3 of them are absolutely wonderful but the newest addition to the pack is a pain the backside big time.  ::)  :P  I bought extra apple fritters at the doughnut shop so we wouldn't have to go out every morning. I put the extra doughnuts into a baggie so they would stay fresh an the pain in the butt cat got into them an ate off the 2 fritters that were left grrr!!  >:(  [smiley=shout.gif]  [smiley=furious3.gif]  [smiley=beadyeyes.gif]

• Liked: 0
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2010, 07:34:15 PM »
My college was closed Monday and Tuesday because a pipe broke and flooded the server room - which included the servers for the council - taking down the website and email saying school was closed.

This was a huge inconvenience for me also as I work for the council.

Other than that this week my husband managed to block the pipes causing the entire kitchen to flood.  After 5 years I think he finally gets the messages that British plumbing =/= American plumbing.  Also my car broke down.  So all in all, fml this week.

• On an Irish adventure, on the West coast of Clare!
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2010, 07:50:09 PM »
I put the extra doughnuts into a baggie so they would stay fresh an the pain in the butt cat got into them an ate off the 2 fritters that were left grrr!!  >:(  [smiley=shout.gif]  [smiley=furious3.gif]  [smiley=beadyeyes.gif]
Sorry shugga, but this made me smile to myself.  Years ago, when I first met my now ex, he got me a giant cookie with pink icing on it for Valentine's Day.  It was wrapped in plastic and safe inside my backpack.  Or so I thought!  The next day there was pink cat barf on the floor.  Somehow, she had gotten into my backpack and unwrapped the cookie and decimated it!  Her instant karma was getting sick from it.  Awwwww.  I didn't mind.  It was just a cookie and she was so cute.
Met husband-to-be in Ireland July 2006
Married October 2007
Became a British citizen 21 July 2011
Separated from husband August 2014
Off on an Irish adventure October 2014

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2010, 08:38:10 PM »
Do you have a degree in Music Education?... No?... Then can you not tell me how to do my job? I'm actually quite qualified for the position. "Best music teacher they've ever had," is what I hear from parents and other teachers. I do not walk into your room and tell you how to teach Math or Literacy. So leave the music to me.
Finally living with my Husband in London after 6 1/2 years together but apart... and loving my life!

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2010, 09:16:19 PM »
I'm one of those commuters dealing with absolute hell trying to get in/out of London with the snow. My train company is only running 4 trains an hour (compared to usually a train every 5 minutes), so saying it was sardines is only putting it lightly. To top it off, I've developed claustrophobia that I'm due to receive psychological help for... I spent 45 minutes on a train in a complete panic attack tonight. The past two days have been nightmares and I don't know if I can bring myself to face the trains tomorrow.
I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.' Kurt Vonnegut

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2010, 12:45:12 AM »
I got stranded with a 4 week old last night as the buses couldn't make it up the mini-hill towards ours. Taxi firms had a hour wait, and the only place near by that we (baby) could stay warm was the big police station, but they were closed (how does a police station close???) stupid snow.

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2010, 06:55:08 AM »
Every time I check the TFL website there are more and more problems... I'm fine with going to work (not that I would mind if the head teacher canceled!) but I live an hour away, and I am really hoping I don't get stuck there!
Finally living with my Husband in London after 6 1/2 years together but apart... and loving my life!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2010, 09:16:56 AM »
I got stranded with a 4 week old last night as the buses couldn't make it up the mini-hill towards ours. Taxi firms had a hour wait, and the only place near by that we (baby) could stay warm was the big police station, but they were closed (how does a police station close???) stupid snow.

Oh no good with such a wee one  :(

My IA is that this latest cold has developed into a nasty chesty cough when it was previously just in the head. It's hard to breathe because it ends up into a coughing fit  :(
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 12
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2010, 01:05:05 PM »
Those cough/cold things are nasty.

DS is not allowed to wear his sneakers for his new job (logos are forbidden) so he wore his one pair of shoes and his feet are killing him.
>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2010, 02:13:14 PM »
My sister posting about a DQ Reindeer Dropings Blizzard on Facebook. It has toasted coconut, chocolate chunks, pie pieces and caramel... I want. 
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 2
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2010, 02:19:19 PM »
My almost new skype/regular phone dualphone is not compatiable with Windows 7... I love this phone and now will have to spend another 60 quid on a new one - dude its 6 months old!

oh and I hate migrating crap to a new computer

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2010, 02:40:42 PM »
My sister posting about a DQ Reindeer Dropings Blizzard on Facebook. It has toasted coconut, chocolate chunks, pie pieces and caramel... I want. 

I want this too... ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab