Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Inconvenient Annoyances  (Read 513537 times)

Re: Inconvenient Annoyances
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2010, 04:23:08 PM »
OMG - picked the worst time to walk downtown & go to Morrisons - it was he££ in there with all the schoolchildren having just got out.

But the very worst - what made me see red...there were these young teenage male tw*ts walking up and down the pavements pushing a shovel & collecting slush in it.  I had seen them by the post office & didn't think anything about it at first.  When I came out of Morrisons, they had just tipped a shovel-load of dirty slush over the head of the poor Big Issue seller woman standing out there.  From there they continued on up the street, chucking shovels of slush at the taxis, cars & buses.

Gosh I wanted to string those boys up by their little nuts!  Or grab the shovel off them & stick it where the sun don't shine.  People (including me) were afraid to stand up to them because they were like a little gang of sh*theads - there were about 7 or 8 of them.  I was hoping for a big burly guy or a copper to come along, but none did.  :(

[smiley=furious3.gif]

I HATE that! 

• Liked: 2
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2010, 05:15:42 PM »
Ohh Mrs. R that is horrible, see I would have pulled the old grandma card and done one of those - what do you boys think you are doing or called 999 - I am like that.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2010, 05:18:52 PM »

But the very worst - what made me see red...there were these young teenage male tw*ts walking up and down the pavements pushing a shovel & collecting slush in it.  I had seen them by the post office & didn't think anything about it at first.  When I came out of Morrisons, they had just tipped a shovel-load of dirty slush over the head of the poor Big Issue seller woman standing out there.  From there they continued on up the street, chucking shovels of slush at the taxis, cars & buses.

[smiley=furious3.gif]

Wow. Just...wow. The behavior that some of our more "seasoned" youths get away with here just blows my mind.  >:(

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2010, 05:49:17 PM »
OMG - picked the worst time to walk downtown & go to Morrisons - it was he££ in there with all the schoolchildren having just got out.

Gosh I wanted to string those boys up by their little nuts!  Or grab the shovel off them & stick it where the sun don't shine.  People (including me) were afraid to stand up to them because they were like a little gang of sh*theads - there were about 7 or 8 of them.  I was hoping for a big burly guy or a copper to come along, but none did.  :(

[smiley=furious3.gif]

It makes you wonder what they are going to be like when they are grown up doesn't it? :-\\\\

I've had a really bad day here, and to be honest, I can't remember having such a bad day in years.
1. IA: The pound shop. Yes, the pound shop. I went in with my 6 yr old and let her pick out £20 of Christmas decorations and the cashier was far too busy talking to the other employees to ring up my items and she wasn't paying attention and one item lost its barcode and she asked me if I knew how much it was? Honestly my eyes couldn't get any bigger as I pointed out it was the pound shop! And on top of this she didn't give me back the correct change either.

2. IA: ASDA, the bane of my existance. I swear I didn't mean to buy my daughter those £14 boots only a few weeks ago as I knew they wouldn't last, but they didn't last a month! And they wouldn't take them back, she said it was because of wear and tear and I argued until I was blue in the face that it fell under their 28 days full refund policy. A small UP as I called their home office to complain and they called the store and told them to take them back in tomorrow for a full refund.

3. IA: Went to Argos to pick up a Christmas tree. I jumped out of the car with my little girl and ran in as it was super busy and my dh went to find a space and he pulled into a parent child space to wait for us. The next thing he knew a woman was behind him blowing her horn and swearing at him and so he gets out of the car to ask what was the problem and she goes on a rant and rage at him for not having a child and he tells her we're in Argos and she gets out of her car tells him that he is lying and pushes him hard against the car before getting in her car and driving off. My dh calls me as I am coming out and tells me what happened and I see the woman and yes by God I am angry and approach the woman and get within an inch from her face and said ''it's not very nice when someone does this to you is it. And said if she wanted to bully someone who will hit her back to then go right on ahead. She got in her car again and ran off. (and yeah I know it wasn't right, but I'd had enough of today :()

They say things come in threes dont they. :-\\\\

« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2010, 06:22:12 PM »
3. IA: Went to Argos to pick up a Christmas tree. I jumped out of the car with my little girl and ran in as it was super busy and my dh went to find a space and he pulled into a parent child space to wait for us. The next thing he knew a woman was behind him blowing her horn and swearing at him and so he gets out of the car to ask what was the problem and she goes on a rant and rage at him for not having a child and he tells her we're in Argos and she gets out of her car tells him that he is lying and pushes him hard against the car before getting in her car and driving off. My dh calls me as I am coming out and tells me what happened and I see the woman and yes by God I am angry and approach the woman and get within an inch from her face and said ''it's not very nice when someone does this to you is it. And said if she wanted to bully someone who will hit her back to then go right on ahead. She got in her car again and ran off. (and yeah I know it wasn't right, but I'd had enough of today :()

Probably not the best thing that you could have done, but if it brightens up your day, know that I was quietly rooting for you while reading that and wishing I was awesome enough to do what you did.

IA: There were no overground trains to into central from my area so I had to ride a bus to the underground. I was late for a flat viewing but thankfully, they were very understanding. Phew.

IA: Random bouts of homesickness. I'm not sure if it's because of my holidays, or the fact that things are a bit crap right now. The other day I spoke with my father briefly on skype and I asked him about his birthday plans. He said 'nothing special,' but then he asked about what I was doing for the Christmas holiday. I had said that I hadn't even thought about it due to what I need to complete before end of term. He then got excited and asked if I wanted to come back to the states for the holidays. He got so excited and I felt so guilty and sad because I know I won't be able to afford going back this holiday season  :\\\'(
09/29/09--Visa Approved!
10/05/09--Leave for the UK!!!
06/15/12--Back in the US indefinitely...

« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2010, 06:24:36 PM »
Our 2 year old washing maching keeps getting a clogged drain!  UGH! 

• Officially a Brit.
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2010, 06:27:58 PM »
people who live in la-la land.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Liked: 163
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2010, 06:33:55 PM »
HomeBase - we bought a couch from them because they estimated delivery in 28 days, which was considerably faster than anyone else.  After 28 days came and went we started calling to see when we might expect a couch, but every call resulted in a different estimate, from 3 days to 21 days.  I think they were just guessing.

After about 35 days they delivered half of a couch (it's an L-shaped couch that comes in two pieces), but it was half of the wrong couch.  We didn't determine this until we'd taken off all the packaging, by which time the delivery guys had left the scene (they sped off like they'd just robbed a bank).

My wife called yesterday to find out the latest estimate of when the right couch might arrive, and was told 21 more days (for a total of about 3 months of waiting).  After a lot of heated discussion, they suddenly found a couch and now say they're delivering it on Friday, and will take away the half a wrong couch we already have.  Neither of us is holding our breath that this will actually happen.

This isn't an IA, but I wanted to finish the story.  I was working today, but DW was home for the arrival of the new, correct couch.  The couch arrived, and was the right couch, but they delivery guys said they wouldn't take away the wrong 1/2 couch that had already been delivered.  DW said if they didn't take the wrong couch away, she wouldn't sign for the correct couch, as even if she wanted to keep it there's not enough room in our little house.  (The delivery guy suggested she could stand it on end.  I don't know what her response to that was, but I can make a good guess.)  A standoff ensued.

DW tried to call HomeBase, but they don't answer the phone before 9am.  She got delivery guy to call his supervisor at the warehouse, at which point the supervisor told delivery guy that he was in fact supposed to take away the old couch, a fact which the supervisor had neglected to mention before the delivery guy left the warehouse.

Delivery guy finished the job hastily and angrily.  DW believes he was angry at being made to look foolish in front of her, and I have no reason to doubt this conclusion.  Delivery guy's bad attitude notwithstanding, we now have a complete L-shaped couch to sit on, and that makes both of us happy.

As for an IA, one of the circuits in our house keeps getting overloaded and resets.

« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2010, 06:37:34 PM »
Glad you finally got the right couch before Christmas camoscato!!

• Liked: 163
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2010, 06:41:33 PM »
Glad you finally got the right couch before Christmas camoscato!!

Thanks persephone!  We've got a bunch of friends coming over TOMORROW, so the couch resolution couldn't have come at a better time.  :)

« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2010, 06:50:32 PM »
Thanks persephone!  We've got a bunch of friends coming over TOMORROW, so the couch resolution couldn't have come at a better time.  :)

Definitely!!   :)

Our 2 year old washing maching keeps getting a clogged drain!  UGH! 

Turns out, it ate one of my sweaters and cannot digest it (ie it's stuck behind the barrel of the washing machine).  I'm not even sure which sweater it is.  Craptatstic!

« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2010, 07:22:49 PM »
Grumpy DH who wants his US visa yesterday and hates his job and seems to be pissed off at the world in general...add to that a:

Grumpy 2 year old DD...who decided to scream her way through me washing her hair & scream when she had to go to bed...

Now I can't get in to Facebook to play mindless games so I can calm down and shut my brain off for ever how long it takes for DH to get DD to sleep.

Just kill me now.  >:(

• Liked: 31
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2010, 07:34:00 PM »
Second wedding venue we were supposed to see tomorrow has cancelled, and since we now have no reason to go to Edinburgh, I've also cancelled with the seamstress who will be making the changes I want to my wedding dress. Stupid snow :(
Arrived as student 9/2003; Renewed student visa 9/2006; Applied for HSMP approval 1/2008; HSMP approved 3/2008; Tier 1 General FLR received 4/2008; FLR(M) Unmarried partner approved (in-person) 27/8/2009; ILR granted at in-person PEO appointment 1/8/2011; Applied for citizenship at Edinburgh NCS 31/10/2011; Citizenship approval received 4/2/2012
FINALLY A CITIZEN! 29/2/2012

• Fehr Trade
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2010, 10:08:06 AM »
Ooh drsuper I'm glad you found a seamstress though! Sorry I've been crap at answering your emails...

A continuation of yesterday's IA is that I am full-blown sick now - sore throat, headache, tight chesty cough, snotty sinuses, and to top it all off, a raging fever last night. I'd call it flu but I had the combined flu shot so god knows what I've got. And it's my husband's birthday today and I don't want to ruin it for him again (had to run to a&e last year!) but he's worried sick about me because I still have to be so careful. :(
Summer 97 - first visited friends in London
99-00 - studied at Uni of Sussex on exchange
Feb 02 - moved to London on BUNAC
Sep 02 - WP granted (IT skills shortage list)
Sep 04 - WP renewed
Sep 06 - WP renewed again (screwed by 4-5 year ILR change)
Sep 07 - ILR!
March 09 - Citizenship!
July 09 - bone marrow transplant :(
18 Sep 10 - wedding!
Mar 12 - half marathon in Paris! 1:47:12!
Oct 12 - Amsterdam FULL marathon! 3:48:23!

• Officially a Brit.
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2010, 02:09:26 PM »
Just entirely too much to do today and I just wanna faff around on the computer, listen to Christmas music and become the sofa.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

Sponsored Links