Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Inconvenient Annoyances  (Read 513259 times)

• Liked: 68
Re: Inconvenient Annoyances
« Reply #6180 on: April 06, 2017, 08:31:20 AM »
Admittedly I have a "potty mouth" sometimes, but I can't tell you how many times I have told someone that something was "shot" or even "crop". And if I was mad, to "funk off".

• Liked: 537
« Reply #6181 on: April 06, 2017, 09:34:43 AM »
Ha. Mine does duck. That funny. That you get funk.

Yeah. I usually notice it swapping sh*t and it annoys the he'll out of me.haha.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #6182 on: April 06, 2017, 11:19:43 AM »
It's always at the worst times! If I'm irritated and typing quickly I might not even notice until it's too late lol

But then, I guess, the positive is that it lightens the mood when I laugh at how ridiculous the sentence now sounds.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 6
« Reply #6183 on: April 07, 2017, 10:26:35 AM »
I once described a nuisance caller to a friend as a 'stupid giraffe' over text. I meant 'stupid 'git'' but autocorrect got me, leading to much hilarity, and discussions on whether all giraffes were malevolent and/or called Geoffrey (Toy's 'r' us reference)...

« Reply #6184 on: April 07, 2017, 04:46:34 PM »
I once described a nuisance caller to a friend as a 'stupid giraffe' over text. I meant 'stupid 'git'' but autocorrect got me, leading to much hilarity, and discussions on whether all giraffes were malevolent and/or called Geoffrey (Toy's 'r' us reference)...

Speaking of giraffes...!

I have been waiting for this April the Giraffe to pop since February! Last week they said "could be 24/48 hours". Ughhh...It's getting annoying now but I can't turn away yet. Too much time invested on this already to quit watching  ;D

• Liked: 537
« Reply #6185 on: April 18, 2017, 06:24:03 AM »
So annoyed. I woke up at 540am this morning and I couldn't go back to sleep... I coulda slept in til 730!!
😣

Speaking of giraffes...!

I have been waiting for this April the Giraffe to pop since February! Last week they said "could be 24/48 hours". Ughhh...It's getting annoying now but I can't turn away yet. Too much time invested on this already to quit watching  ;D

Well, she finally had her calf! It's a boy!
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #6186 on: April 18, 2017, 03:18:22 PM »
Well, she finally had her calf! It's a boy!

I got to watch it! (When I should have been working, oops!)

• Liked: 585
« Reply #6187 on: April 18, 2017, 03:37:11 PM »
We were talking about Cinnabon at work last week, so today I looked at their UK website to see if any new stores had opened...hopefully moving northward...

That's when I saw that you can order Cinnabon online for next day delivery!  WOOHOO!  I didn't care that it was going to cost nigh on £30 for 6 cinnamon rolls... I whipped out the credit card and completed the order form....clicked on the send button...

To find that my postcode is not in their delivery area.
Feck.  >:(

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #6188 on: April 18, 2017, 03:46:19 PM »
We were talking about Cinnabon at work last week, so today I looked at their UK website to see if any new stores had opened...hopefully moving northward...

That's when I saw that you can order Cinnabon online for next day delivery!  WOOHOO!  I didn't care that it was going to cost nigh on £30 for 6 cinnamon rolls... I whipped out the credit card and completed the order form....clicked on the send button...

Think I'm spoiled by living further south as when we take day trips into London, I grab a cheeky cinnabon when I walk by one. If I don't see it, I'm fine...but the second I walk by I HAVE to get one hahah (although I'm unlucky in that all the Taco Bells are further up north!)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6189 on: April 18, 2017, 04:04:36 PM »

I've stared hard at that screen debating.  But my husband is gluten-free and my kid is dairy-free.  So I literally have to eat them all myself...  and it just feels *too* indulgent, you know?  I'm sure I'll break down one day...  Though I should just try the ones they have a Costco for a fiver.  It's HUGE!

• Liked: 585
« Reply #6190 on: April 18, 2017, 08:15:35 PM »
Though I should just try the ones they have a Costco for a fiver.  It's HUGE!

Never seen anything like this at our Costco.... im off work this week, so maybe I should go check!

• Liked: 154
« Reply #6191 on: April 18, 2017, 08:19:09 PM »
I'm on a slim fast shake diet...what I would do for a Cinnabon lol or anything with sugary fatty goodness

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #6192 on: April 19, 2017, 08:54:17 AM »
I'm on a slim fast shake diet...

Why?  Just why?   ;)

Slimming World.  That's where it's at.  You can chew food and everything.   ;D

• Liked: 154
« Reply #6193 on: April 21, 2017, 07:02:42 AM »
Why?  Just why?   ;)

Slimming World.  That's where it's at.  You can chew food and everything.   ;D

I've been considering slimming world just wasn't sure if it worked or not.

« Reply #6194 on: April 21, 2017, 12:36:07 PM »
I've been considering slimming world just wasn't sure if it worked or not.

I personally had a really good experience with Slimming World (lost the baby weight with my daughter).  I attended a group and met some great people and still run into people all over town.  It's actually not anything spectacular.  It's basically "eat right and move more".  lol!  But I would really recommend it.  Truly teaches you better lifestyle choices.  The meals are totally family friendly and you don't feel like you are on a diet.

Sponsored Links