Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Inconvenient Annoyances  (Read 513976 times)

• Liked: 1260
Re: Inconvenient Annoyances
« Reply #6465 on: August 24, 2017, 08:17:53 PM »
I have 2 job interviews next week! I had a phone interview today and they advanced me to an in person interview.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

YAY! Will think positively for you! :)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #6466 on: August 24, 2017, 08:22:05 PM »
It definitely is. It's boggling to me that a lot of places don't even consider you're previous employment if it's not in the U.K.  So getting that foot in the door is so important.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It might've helped for me that places in the US on my CV have the same names as places here so before I updated after feedback to say "US" or "UK" next to it, people may have just assumed it was UK experience! haha I was going to say that I hadn't had problems taking my US experience into consideration but then I realised it's probably because most people didn't realise it was US experience! LOL
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #6467 on: August 24, 2017, 08:25:09 PM »
we hired a shady lawyer (waste of money) plus because the trust we put in this lawyer nearly missed our cancun [symbolic] wedding which was the real one with white dress and all.

Sorry you had such a sh*t experience :( Any tips on what to look out for RE lawyers so that other people don't end up with somebody sketchy as well? Were there any red flags that others might be able to look out for?
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 768
« Reply #6468 on: August 24, 2017, 08:37:00 PM »
Sorry you had such a sh*t experience :( Any tips on what to look out for RE lawyers so that other people don't end up with somebody sketchy as well? Were there any red flags that others might be able to look out for?
Know the difference between an immigration advisor and an immigration attorney. It's not really that difficult for a "normal" person to become certified through the UK government to be an immigration advisor.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Liked: 154
« Reply #6469 on: August 24, 2017, 08:37:07 PM »

Run for your life from a man called Dean Marshall from skill clear visas. He may know other immigration stuff as he had decent reviews but not spouse stuff.

He told me American visas get turned around in a month because we're American and it's easier. Hence me applying in August(?) and not doing priority and not having passport in hand with visa till  December. I thought we were safe doing visa then and having travel plans for early December booked for the wedding.

[UPS lost hubbys passport that I overnighted to him so he could make wedding. So I'm still grumpy with them lol]

I am fairly certain I've posted my experience somewhere in my threads.

HE LITERALLY TOLD MY HUSBAND TO TRAVEL TO SHEFFIELD ON A SATURDAY TO ASK FOR HIS PASSPORT BACK. So poor hubby traveled there only to get scoffed at by a very nice guard and told they aren't there Saturdays.

He told us both passports had to be supplied. We sent in way to much evidence plus copies of all evidence. I printed two years of Skype history to give you a clue..then made copies.

He's since chased me for further service. I kindly told him no I'm already in my spouse visa, I did it myself . He then replied great, I'll contact you in time to do your ilr.

I could go into more, but I think you get the gist. Bad experience and we had such a straight case I didn't even need a solicitor.

• Liked: 768
« Reply #6470 on: August 24, 2017, 08:50:14 PM »

« Reply #6471 on: August 24, 2017, 08:54:55 PM »
Run for your life from a man called Dean Marshall from skill clear visas. He may know other immigration stuff as he had decent reviews but not spouse stuff.

He told me American visas get turned around in a month because we're American and it's easier. Hence me applying in August(?) and not doing priority and not having passport in hand with visa till  December. I thought we were safe doing visa then and having travel plans for early December booked for the wedding.

[UPS lost hubbys passport that I overnighted to him so he could make wedding. So I'm still grumpy with them lol]

I am fairly certain I've posted my experience somewhere in my threads.

HE LITERALLY TOLD MY HUSBAND TO TRAVEL TO SHEFFIELD ON A SATURDAY TO ASK FOR HIS PASSPORT BACK. So poor hubby traveled there only to get scoffed at by a very nice guard and told they aren't there Saturdays.

He told us both passports had to be supplied. We sent in way to much evidence plus copies of all evidence. I printed two years of Skype history to give you a clue..then made copies.

He's since chased me for further service. I kindly told him no I'm already in my spouse visa, I did it myself . He then replied great, I'll contact you in time to do your ilr.

I could go into more, but I think you get the gist. Bad experience and we had such a straight case I didn't even need a solicitor.

UGH I hope you told him "Thanks but no thanks" in a less than kind manner when he said he'd contact you about ILR!
My, how time flies....

« Reply #6472 on: August 24, 2017, 09:04:07 PM »
UGH I hope you told him "Thanks but no thanks" in a less than kind manner when he said he'd contact you about ILR!

I just ignored him then blocked him. I wanted to be rude but at this point I'd calmed down over it and just thought I'd let it rest.

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #6473 on: August 25, 2017, 02:18:23 PM »
Seems like we had our own dodgy attorney here for a while.  Yooohoo, dodgy attorney, are you still around?  You were such an interesting part of this forum.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #6474 on: August 25, 2017, 02:48:17 PM »
Seems like we had our own dodgy attorney here for a while.  Yooohoo, dodgy attorney, are you still around?  You were such an interesting part of this forum.

I was an attorney... but I gave it up for the UK.  Oh, okay, I gave it up years before I even met my husband, so it has nothing to do with the move.  :P

Anyway, as an attorney, if I was going to hang around this forum I would just use it as a way to quietly learn how to best serve my clients.  I probably would mostly lurk, or I'd just as the occasional question if I needed to.  I certainly wouldn't be dodgy and give out information and try to pretend that I knew better than the experts here!  A good attorney doesn't know everything.  They know how to find out everything.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 537
« Reply #6475 on: August 25, 2017, 03:14:29 PM »
I was an attorney... but I gave it up for the UK.  Oh, okay, I gave it up years before I even met my husband, so it has nothing to do with the move.  :P

Anyway, as an attorney, if I was going to hang around this forum I would just use it as a way to quietly learn how to best serve my clients.  I probably would mostly lurk, or I'd just as the occasional question if I needed to.  I certainly wouldn't be dodgy and give out information and try to pretend that I knew better than the experts here!  A good attorney doesn't know everything.  They know how to find out everything.

Dodgy attorney was here because a very short term forum member was semi-slagging them off on various places... and they found their account on here. She had a monetized YouTube account and something else and they contacted her about it. She was a tourist and couldn't do work in the UK.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #6476 on: August 25, 2017, 03:20:32 PM »
Just between the two of us, I think he was part of an elaborate trolling attempt.  For a bit we had him and a disgruntled client posting at the same time.  That's just my opinion though, should dodgy attorney suddenly reappear.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #6477 on: August 25, 2017, 03:49:24 PM »
Just between the two of us, I think he was part of an elaborate trolling attempt.  For a bit we had him and a disgruntled client posting at the same time.  That's just my opinion though, should dodgy attorney suddenly reappear.

Seems like a valid suspicion.  I don't understand trolling.  Why do it?  Can't they find better things to do with their time?
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #6478 on: August 25, 2017, 06:27:16 PM »
Dodgy attorney was here because a very short term forum member was semi-slagging them off on various places... and they found their account on here. She had a monetized YouTube account and something else and they contacted her about it. She was a tourist and couldn't do work in the UK.

I vaguely remember this person. I didn't realize the lawyer got on here too. I missed that!

« Reply #6479 on: August 25, 2017, 06:30:07 PM »

That's my biggest regrets that I didn't follow through with law school. For some reason I talked myself down from it.

Sounds like you would be a good lawyer :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab