Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Inconvenient Annoyances  (Read 514117 times)

• Liked: 20
Re: Inconvenient Annoyances
« Reply #7710 on: May 15, 2018, 08:06:27 PM »
I love it jimbocz!

In all seriousness, thanks for the advice you've all given me today. I posted on here mostly thinking I'd be venting to myself a bit! :) This specific situation is part of an ongoing power struggle with my parents since I left home for college over a decade ago. They're always wanting me to visit more, with me doing most of the visits. The times I've obliged their desire to see me more has only made them get pushier and demand even more visits. Aunts and uncles get in on the "fun" sometimes, too. I've mostly gotten used to saying no and just dealing with the enormous guilt I feel when my mom snaps on the phone, but I'm aware a sibling marriage is a very important occasion.

As for this wedding, we do hope to make it a quick trip, arriving maybe 2-3 days before the event and heading out the day after the festivities. From all of your feedback, I've decided to ask my parents, who care more than my sibling about me being there, to help my spouse and me with the cost of airfare. And we definitely won't be flying to anyone for the holidays this year!

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #7711 on: May 15, 2018, 08:18:02 PM »

Another alternative is just to fly yourself over one day before the wedding and leave one day after.  Then all the attention will be on you, super effective passive aggressive get back on the bride.

You are truly an evil genius! haha But the cost for just 48 hours I feel like wouldn't be worth getting the best of anyone.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #7712 on: May 15, 2018, 08:36:39 PM »
Ok, speaking of massively wasting money on airfare, my spouse just called me and says he missed his flight home because he stood in the boarding line for the wrong flight. :o Of course there are no more flights tonight, so he had to buy a new flight for tomorrow morning and get a hotel room.

« Reply #7713 on: May 15, 2018, 08:51:11 PM »
Ok, speaking of massively wasting money on airfare, my spouse just called me and says he missed his flight home because he stood in the boarding line for the wrong flight. :o Of course there are no more flights tonight, so he had to buy a new flight for tomorrow morning and get a hotel room.

Oh man! How'd he do that?!?
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 958
« Reply #7714 on: May 15, 2018, 08:54:16 PM »
Didn't the airline page him when he checked in but didn't board?? Oh man. Sorry that happened!

• Liked: 768
« Reply #7715 on: May 15, 2018, 09:50:07 PM »
I had an allergic reaction to something. My face is swollen and I now look like Joseph Merrick. I'm now both inconvenienced and annoyed.

But I still had a fantastico day!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #7716 on: May 15, 2018, 11:15:20 PM »
Didn't the airline page him when he checked in but didn't board?? Oh man. Sorry that happened!

It doesn't sound like they paged him - this is one of those budget airlines that basically operates like Greyhound. What happened is there were two flights in adjacent gates going to the same place, and he managed to get in the wrong one. I'm still perplexed he didn't look for the flight number on the gate screens, but I guess he was exhausted after spending half the day at an intense job interview. After all this hassle I sure hope he gets it!

• Liked: 958
« Reply #7717 on: May 15, 2018, 11:31:14 PM »

I had an allergic reaction to something. My face is swollen and I now look like Joseph Merrick. I'm now both inconvenienced and annoyed.

But I still had a fantastico day!

Oh no! I hope you have some benadryl with you. Feel better quickly!

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

« Reply #7718 on: May 16, 2018, 01:05:57 AM »
Oh no! I hope you have some benadryl with you. Feel better quickly!

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
TOok Benadryl. Now I currently look like this. Tis only a flesh wound.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #7719 on: May 16, 2018, 03:15:39 AM »
TOok Benadryl. Now I currently look like this. Tis only a flesh wound.

Oh no! Feel better tami!  :) I'm glad it's not stopping you getting out and having fun!

In other news, AweSam is skipping her turn so you're next in pass the parcel. When you're ready, please message jonyboy your address and let him know when to send the parcel. He has yet to appear back on the thread but he has been in touch via message.  :)

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?action=profile;u=18089

« Reply #7720 on: May 16, 2018, 07:49:12 AM »
Feel better Tami.

Day is already off to a *bleep*ing hoot. Today is my day in London with my project team. Washed my hair before bed so my fringe is mental this morning. But what’s that? My straightener broke. Was a pain to get to the plug because of where it’s located. Tried it on a new plug and it’s dead as a door nail. Pulled my fringe back and moved on...
...got to the train station and had to park practically in France with how far away it was. Run to get my ticket, got through the barrier, get to the train and they blow the *bleep*ing whistle....it pulls away in front of my face. I was meant to be there before 9. I now won’t even be in London until just after 9 and still have to walk to my building. I probably shouldn’t stop for a coffee either because I’m already late but if I don’t somebody might be murdered..... first world problems but I just want to go back to sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

« Reply #7721 on: May 16, 2018, 08:15:08 AM »
Oh no! Feel better tami!  :) I'm glad it's not stopping you getting out and having fun!

In other news, AweSam is skipping her turn so you're next in pass the parcel. When you're ready, please message jonyboy your address and let him know when to send the parcel. He has yet to appear back on the thread but he has been in touch via message.  :)

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?action=profile;u=18089
I've already sent him my address once but I've resent it. Since he seems to be responding to you, tell him to check his inbox.

« Reply #7722 on: May 16, 2018, 08:18:14 AM »
And here I am this morning... Tada!

Still going out. Just going to slap my glasses and hat on and look glamorous AF! Who needs to see anyway?

« Reply #7723 on: May 16, 2018, 08:18:28 AM »
I've already sent him my address once but I've resent it. Since he seems to be responding to you, tell him to check his inbox.

Thank you. Will do!  :). Fingers crossed!

« Reply #7724 on: May 16, 2018, 08:29:24 AM »
And here I am this morning... Tada!

Wow! Is it painful? Do you have any idea what cased the reaction?

The hat is brilliant in any case!  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab