Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Inconvenient Annoyances  (Read 514652 times)

• Liked: 770
Re: Inconvenient Annoyances
« Reply #8205 on: July 16, 2018, 06:02:11 PM »
Talking about mangy cats...

Ok, he's actually quite beautiful but no very nice.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #8206 on: July 16, 2018, 08:03:59 PM »
Talking about mangy cats...

Ok, he's actually quite beautiful but no very nice.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That cat is gorgeous, plain and simple.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 585
« Reply #8207 on: July 16, 2018, 09:29:06 PM »
The air conditioner is broken at work - AGAIN.  Over 30C already....

And ours was blowing a pure ice cold gale.  I had a cardi on over my dress, and was still so cold I had to go out and get the wax jacket I keep in my car boot for emergencies.  I mean, I'd rather be cold than hot, but really you shouldn't have to sit at your desk in a coat in the middle of July.

• Liked: 680
« Reply #8208 on: July 16, 2018, 09:54:33 PM »
sounds wonderful, actually!  ;)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #8209 on: July 17, 2018, 03:20:42 PM »
And ours was blowing a pure ice cold gale.  I had a cardi on over my dress, and was still so cold I had to go out and get the wax jacket I keep in my car boot for emergencies.  I mean, I'd rather be cold than hot, but really you shouldn't have to sit at your desk in a coat in the middle of July.

I totally agree that you should be able to "dress for the weather" outside at work.  In other words, in winter wear a jumper.  In summer, wear a dress.  You shouldn't be melting in winter and freezing in summer.

There MUST be a temperature somewhere between 33C (what it was inside the office when I left last night) and freezing your ass off, right?

« Reply #8210 on: July 17, 2018, 03:22:35 PM »
There MUST be a temperature somewhere between 33C (what it was inside the office when I left last night) and freezing your ass off, right?

One would think but I've yet to see  it happen lol
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #8211 on: July 17, 2018, 03:57:06 PM »
One would think but I've yet to see  it happen lol

I would be SO much more comfortable if I could take off my bra.  Somehow I suspect that wouldn't be allowed.  What do we think HR would say if I fished it out of my arm hole? 

« Reply #8212 on: July 17, 2018, 04:04:39 PM »
I would be SO much more comfortable if I could take off my bra.  Somehow I suspect that wouldn't be allowed.  What do we think HR would say if I fished it out of my arm hole?

I'd sign that petition for real! We could call it "release the krackins"
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 958
« Reply #8213 on: July 17, 2018, 04:53:34 PM »
I'd sign that petition for real! We could call it "release the krackins"
Yes! I've debated asking as part of my accommodations they are so uncomfy and cause pain.

« Reply #8214 on: July 18, 2018, 09:20:21 AM »
Does anyone know who I should reach out to for legal advice regarding accommodations and hostile work environments?

My manager lied about the ability to work remotely in my interview, so when I requested that as part of my accommodations after the training period it was immediately shot down by HR. HR is wearing MORE perfume than anyone else in the building, their use has increased since notifying them of my allergies. My manager is pissed because now its known by HR they broke company policy during the interview so he's being passive aggressive and not speaking to me or assigning any work. And today I come in and they're mopping the floors with incredibly scented cleaners while we are working. They clearly want to make the environment so hostile I quit.

« Reply #8215 on: July 18, 2018, 09:23:35 AM »
Does anyone know who I should reach out to for legal advice regarding accommodations and hostile work environments?

My manager lied about the ability to work remotely in my interview, so when I requested that as part of my accommodations after the training period it was immediately shot down by HR. HR is wearing MORE perfume than anyone else in the building, their use has increased since notifying them of my allergies. My manager is pissed because now its known by HR they broke company policy during the interview so he's being passive aggressive and not speaking to me or assigning any work. And today I come in and they're mopping the floors with incredibly scented cleaners while we are working. They clearly want to make the environment so hostile I quit.

Can you try speaking to Citizen's Advice Bureau? Would be a good starting point perhaps and I believe there's a centre located in Bracknell as well.
My, how time flies....

« Reply #8216 on: July 18, 2018, 09:28:34 AM »
Can you try speaking to Citizen's Advice Bureau? Would be a good starting point perhaps and I believe there's a centre located in Bracknell as well.

ACAS would actually be better in this instance, as they only deal with employment law.

I have no idea.  I mean, if you were allergic to nuts, they would NEVER eat peanut butter to try to get you out, if you know what I mean....  Big hugs.  Not cool!

« Reply #8217 on: July 18, 2018, 09:38:14 AM »
ACAS would actually be better in this instance, as they only deal with employment law.

I have no idea.  I mean, if you were allergic to nuts, they would NEVER eat peanut butter to try to get you out, if you know what I mean....  Big hugs.  Not cool!
People seem to think that because they have a right to wear scents and so on its fine for them to treat people like me this way. I just want to hand in my badge. I can't handle this stress. I'm sitting in my car bawling my eyes out and can't stop.

« Reply #8218 on: July 18, 2018, 09:54:18 AM »
People seem to think that because they have a right to wear scents and so on its fine for them to treat people like me this way. I just want to hand in my badge. I can't handle this stress. I'm sitting in my car bawling my eyes out and can't stop.

They are just an absolute bunch of d*cks it sounds like...They probably assume they can just do it because they don't realise that it's not just a "mild inconvenience to you" that can get under your skin, it physically causes health issues for you. Also, who just washes the floor during the day?! We can barely get our cleaners to tidy the desks properly let alone get them to wash the floor and that all happens at the end of the day!

I think the hardest part is that the HR department don't even seem like people you can turn to here as normally I would be advising to go speak to HR :(  I honestly don't have any advise beyond going to speak to ACAS as KF mentioned but I'm sending you hugs as this situation absolutely sucks! If there's anything I can do, let me know.
My, how time flies....

« Reply #8219 on: July 18, 2018, 10:02:04 AM »
HR came out to my car and I told them I did not feel supported at all and that I wanted to go home for the rest of the day. I made it clear that the treatment is appalling that they refuse to do anything to change behaviour until the occupational health assessment is done and that their department is part of the issue. So at least I can go cry in the privacy of home.

Sponsored Links