Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Diet Kickoff  (Read 2444 times)

• Heart...Captured
  • Liked: 1
Re: Diet Kickoff
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2010, 07:47:50 PM »
Personally I never liked the Carmen Electra Striptease DVD.  I didn't feel like I was actually working out enough.  It obviously burned calories because you're up moving but it just didn't give me that self-satisfaction of "yeah I just kicked a$$ in an awesome workout" feeling.  Her workout part of the DVD was ok but the striptease and hip hop dancing part just never did anything for me.

I have the (UK) Biggest Loser workout DVD, which I do religiously.  It is customizable so you can pick what type of workouts you want to do each day.  There is a warm-up and cool-down and then you pick whether you want cardio, strength or hip hop (or any combination of the 3).  It can get a bit mundane but it's a really great workout.  It's definitely a lot easier than it was a few months ago but I'm still breathing hard and working up a good sweat every time I do it (I find that some workout DVDs get too "easy" after you've done them for awhile and this one stays pretty tough).

I also use the Wii to workout.  Many of the regular sports "games" give you quite a workout (especially boxing and fencing...my arms get sore everytime I try those!).  I have the Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum and I find this to be a good workout also.  You can choose what level you want (easy, medium, intermediate) and it's also customizable (you can choose exactly what activities you do and can choose between cardio and strength).  You pick the amount of time you want to workout and it breaks the activities up into 1-2 minutes for each.  The first time I did this, I didn't feel like I was getting much of a workout but I was really sore the next day.  (You don't have to have the balance board for this game either...it's optional)  This won't do you any good if you don't have a Wii though.   :P

Sponsored Links