Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Wii anyone?  (Read 11257 times)

• Thence we came forth to rebehold the stars
  • Liked: 21
Re: Wii anyone?
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2011, 11:05:43 AM »
Ok, opinions please (I've asked DH but he's a bit grumbly so far today & busy with other things & not terribly interested in whether I get this or not)...I've found this:

http://www.very.co.uk/nintendo-wii-white-console-with-zumba-fitness-just-dance-2-and-weights/831408015.prd?browseToken=%2fq%2fwii&prdToken=/p/prod6044282-sku9334720
(seems like a good package/good price? but I guess it doesn't really have the Wii fit does it?  and only one controller - I think?)

And I've found this:

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.210-5419.aspx
(but I'm not sure it has everything either? temporarily out of stock anyway)

Is the 'balance board' part of the Wii Fit?  And then someone talked about 'Resort'?  Oh I don't really know what I'm doing.  I imagine we'd want more than one controller & maybe some games - although DH says he's not bothered.  :P

I've told him I'm getting my bonus this week and from that I'm buying it.  Period.
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in...

- from Anthem, by Leonard Cohen (b 1934)

• Liked: 2
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2011, 12:11:02 PM »
Ok, opinions please (I've asked DH but he's a bit grumbly so far today & busy with other things & not terribly interested in whether I get this or not)...I've found this:

http://www.very.co.uk/nintendo-wii-white-console-with-zumba-fitness-just-dance-2-and-weights/831408015.prd?browseToken=%2fq%2fwii&prdToken=/p/prod6044282-sku9334720
(seems like a good package/good price? but I guess it doesn't really have the Wii fit does it?  and only one controller - I think?)

And I've found this:

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.210-5419.aspx
(but I'm not sure it has everything either? temporarily out of stock anyway)

Is the 'balance board' part of the Wii Fit?  And then someone talked about 'Resort'?  Oh I don't really know what I'm doing.  I imagine we'd want more than one controller & maybe some games - although DH says he's not bothered.  :P

I've told him I'm getting my bonus this week and from that I'm buying it.  Period.

Yes you do need the balance board it vitally important because that's how the Wii Fit works. an the Sports Resort is also alot of fun. if you buy the Sports Resort or it comes with your bundle an buy 1 controller then you should be set cause the Sports Resort comes with 1 controller. I personally have 2 controllers myself if not then you will have to share the 1 controller otherwise & some of the games on SR you cant play together cause your playing against each other an you need your own controller.  ;)  :)

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2011, 12:28:36 PM »
Most only come with one controller and one numchuck <sp> I do just fine with it and when I feel like spending 35 quid on the 2nd controller I will...I have my console in black and my wii fit board in black b/c I didnt want white to get dingy with stepping on it and stuff..my opinion.

I would look for a console that comes with the wii fit game/board and the motion controller and numchuck...You can add/rent/buy games.

Wii Fit and Wii resort are good starting points to get used to the board and everything and then move up to buy games.

I have Just Dance, Biggest Loser and 10 minute solution cardio - I love them all but agree with it not always catching your movements but hey it gets me moving!

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2011, 01:21:35 PM »
But if you buy or get Sports Resort with your bundle you will have 2 controllers then cause 1 comes with with the Wii console & 1 comes with Sports Resorts. I have the original Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus, Biggest Loser, & Just Dance I love all of them they do get you sweating well they do me at least lol. ;)  :)  I have a few other games but they aren't super active games but still alot of fun though.  ;)  :)

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2011, 02:10:57 PM »
Continuing on the Wii discussion here 'cause I've been clogging up the 'Healthy & Fit' thread with Wii!  (and have asked for a mod to move my Wii posts over here)

CW, thanks for the tip on the black console/board, and also - shugga, about getting 2 controllers if I get the initial console plus the Sports Resort thing.

So I'm trying to get my head around this - I assume the Wii console is simply - well just the unit itself that you need for all the games & other stuff, right?

So what do these other things do/have/activities/etc? -

1) Wii Fit
2) Wii Fit Plus - isn't this just an upgraded #1, or is it in addition to #1?
3) Sports Resort
4) Biggest Loser

I want to get the Zumba one, I know that!  :)

• Tis Me!
    • My Family Photos
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2011, 03:35:02 PM »
Continuing on the Wii discussion here 'cause I've been clogging up the 'Healthy & Fit' thread with Wii!  (and have asked for a mod to move my Wii posts over here)

CW, thanks for the tip on the black console/board, and also - shugga, about getting 2 controllers if I get the initial console plus the Sports Resort thing.

So I'm trying to get my head around this - I assume the Wii console is simply - well just the unit itself that you need for all the games & other stuff, right?

1) Wii Fit
3) Sports Resort
4) Biggest Loser

Wii Fit Plus is a new version disc of Wii Fit....

Sports Resort has games like:
Swordplay
Wakeboarding
Frisbee (I like this one!)
Archery
Basketball
Table Tennis
Gold
Bowling (I like this one as well)
Power Cruising
Canoeing
Cycyling
Air Sports

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2011, 06:04:27 PM »
Thanks MeShell!  :)

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2011, 09:47:14 PM »

1) Wii Fit
3) Sports Resort
4) Biggest Loser

Well Meshell beat me to explaining Sports Resort I have to say it is alot of fun on your own or playing with someone else.

Biggest Loser is you have your choice between Bob or Julian as your trainer I have only ever used Bob as my trainer. if you don't want to go to a gym this game is for you then. the Wii Fit Plus has Yoga on it if your into that, Aerobics like Boxing, Muscle workouts, Balance games, & Training plus.

I think I might get Zumba not sure yet. I'm usually so tired from going to the gym I don't usually use my Wii except on the weekends when I don't go to the gym.

I have the white Wii Balance board an mine is still white I have had mine for nearly 2 years I don't wear my shoes on it I barely wear socks on it I get too warm while using it is why.  ;)  :)

Mrs R whatever you choose I'm sure you will enjoy it just as much as CW & I do.

Mrs R the Wii usually comes with the console, 1 controller, 1 set of numbchucks, & 1 game called Wii sports sometimes you get a bundle which means sometimes it also comes along with Sports Resort which also has a a controller that comes along with it as well. but if you get a combo where the balance board comes with the Wii usually you don't get the Sports Resort that's a separate offer usually. like someone said you can go a video store an rent any games you might want to buy but want to try them out before you buy them because the games definitely aren't cheap that's for sure. I know this because that's Dh's family business is selling games, Wii consoles,& Wii accessories, an stuff like that.

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2011, 12:17:09 AM »
This is in stock and a really good price, the Tesco game sell is amazing at 20% off everything -
http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.901-7059.aspx

Or this, depending if you want a fun game (and motion + which makes your wii remote more accurate) Mario Kart is good for everyone.

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.210-5874.aspx

Then you can just buy the board separately, it's £60 on Amazon at the moment.

Bringing you to £210-£220 for Wii Sports, Just Dance 2 and Wii fit. Bargainous.

For fitness I have Wii Fit, EA sports Active and Just Dance 2...seriously Just Dance will kick your ars*, it's amazing! :)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2011, 09:23:01 AM »
This thread is encouraging me to get a wii fit... I will have to see how far my bonus can stretch when I get paid next week...hmmm
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2011, 09:55:13 AM »
Thanks everyone - you have all been so helpful on this - CW, shugga, MeShell & cheesebiscuit!  :-*

I am probably going to order it soon!  ;D

I definitely want to get the Just Dance & the Zumba, along with the basic starter bundle, etc.  I think my bonus will cover it - it's based on attendance alone & I had very few sick days in the past year.  :)

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2011, 10:03:42 AM »
Thanks everyone - you have all been so helpful on this - CW, shugga, MeShell & cheesebiscuit!  :-*

I am probably going to order it soon!  ;D

I definitely want to get the Just Dance & the Zumba, along with the basic starter bundle, etc.  I think my bonus will cover it - it's based on attendance alone & I had very few sick days in the past year.  :)

Mrs R, there is Just Dance & now a Just Dance 2 as well. Just Dance kicks my butt I can only imagine how much more Just Dance 2 will kick my butt lol.  ;)  :)

Glad I could be of some assistance!!  ;)  ;D

All this talk of the Wii I did an hours worth of the Wii Fit Plus last night.  ;)  :)

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2011, 10:50:26 AM »
Yes, here is my rationale - I had a gym membership & I kept up with it, until I hurt my knee back in 2008 - then it didn't get used & it was an expensive gym.  It's an ongoing expense if I do that, vs the Wii being a one-off (well plus the games you add on later - lol!) - but not every month like a gym membership.

Yes, we ramble but that's at the weekends, and of course I'm going to try & fit in some other walks through the week - but the weather is so crap so much of the time, or it's dark when I get home from work.

I think the Wii is something I'll enjoy & do.  When I was younger, I liked aerobic dancing in gym class & stuff like that - but I'm self-conscious about going to a class for it now.  :-[

I'm also looking into some other activities - like taking a Pilates course (is there Pilates for the Wii?) and maybe some swimming or aqua aerobics.  But swimming & aqua aerobics, well there is a little problem for me - because I'm blind as a bat without my glasses.

So I think pay upfront for the Wii & I've got something fun that I can do here at home, plus the added thing of maybe DH & I will play some of the games together.

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2011, 12:14:06 PM »
I didnt want to commit to monthly fees at a gym either...

The Wii is perfect for the beginner like me...

It has Yoga, Muscle routines, balance, skateboarding and lots of fun stuff like hula hoopin!
(this is wii fit plus game)

Just worth it to get balance and move and groove - the hula hoop is fun and so if flying like a bird!

I agree with just dance - you sweat but there are fun songs ;-)

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2011, 12:46:44 PM »
For me, the psychological benefit of seeing my weight tracked on a graph is really helpful to encourage me to stay on track even when I'm not using the wii and seeing it go up would give me resolve to focus back on track.

The wii is something that you get out what you put into it, if you use it and really work out with it then it's great, if you don't really use it then it's pointless, same with a gym membership really :)

If you want some games for you and your DH, then you'll both really enjoy Mario Kart, it's easy to play and fun competitive :)

Sponsored Links