Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Wii anyone?  (Read 11268 times)

• Thence we came forth to rebehold the stars
  • Liked: 21
Re: Wii anyone?
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2011, 05:05:52 PM »
I'm not a graphs person but I think I'll like the Dance stuff & whatnot (in my own home) - it seems like something I'll enjoy.

Thanks for the suggestion on Mario Kart - we did play it at my brother's house before when we were in Georgia last time, but the motion of it bothers me (I tend to get vertigo with something like that) & I mentioned it to DH & he said he hates racing games because he's no good at them - lol!

We did like that game to do with bopping the rabbit upside the head or something like that - I don't know what it's called?  (sounds kinda mean)  I might get that - I think it's one of the older ones?

Shugga, I think you've mentioned that the Wii weight tracker isn't always very accurate or I thought I've seen your posts to that effect?  I'll probably still go on what my home scales say (and how my clothes fit).
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in...

- from Anthem, by Leonard Cohen (b 1934)

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2011, 05:42:31 PM »
I'm not a graphs person but I think I'll like the Dance stuff & whatnot (in my own home) - it seems like something I'll enjoy.

Thanks for the suggestion on Mario Kart - we did play it at my brother's house before when we were in Georgia last time, but the motion of it bothers me (I tend to get vertigo with something like that) & I mentioned it to DH & he said he hates racing games because he's no good at them - lol!

We did like that game to do with bopping the rabbit upside the head or something like that - I don't know what it's called?  (sounds kinda mean)  I might get that - I think it's one of the older ones?

Shugga, I think you've mentioned that the Wii weight tracker isn't always very accurate or I thought I've seen your posts to that effect?  I'll probably still go on what my home scales say (and how my clothes fit).

It's really accurate...technically...but really sensitive to what kind of floor it's on. If you have any sort of rug or carpet it can be really inaccurate and inconsistent. If you have a concrete or tile floor which is really level then it's fine.

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2011, 06:09:48 PM »
It's really accurate...technically...but really sensitive to what kind of floor it's on. If you have any sort of rug or carpet it can be really inaccurate and inconsistent. If you have a concrete or tile floor which is really level then it's fine.

Oh that's what it is - well it'll be on carpet (in the living room) here.  Maybe I will order this tomorrow!  Squeeeee!  ;D

• Liked: 2
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2011, 11:34:55 PM »

We did like that game to do with bopping the rabbit upside the head or something like that - I don't know what it's called?  (sounds kinda mean)  I might get that - I think it's one of the older ones?

Shugga, I think you've mentioned that the Wii weight tracker isn't always very accurate or I thought I've seen your posts to that effect?  I'll probably still go on what my home scales say (and how my clothes fit).

Mrs R the Rabbit game you are talking about is called Rayman Raving Rabbids but there are several different Rayman Rabbit games on the Wii. The Just Dance game I have no coordination at all ::)  but I love that game.  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]  

Oh that's what it is - well it'll be on carpet (in the living room) here.  Maybe I will order this tomorrow!  Squeeeee!  ;D

Mrs R I have mentioned the Wii Fit isn't always accurate but I use my Wii in my living room where its carpeted. maybe if you placed a hard mat down on your carpet an put your Wii on top of it that might help it be more accurate an remove it once you are done weighing yourself. I only just thought of that myself could be worth a shot when you get your Wii.  ;)  :)

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2011, 10:22:21 AM »
Thanks shugga!  I hope I get around to getting this ordered today - household tasks are calling me first though - boo.  :P

« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2011, 08:56:24 PM »
Yes, so today I found out the exact amount of my bonus (before tax) - in my paycheque on this coming Monday.

So I came home & ordered it!  I tried to remember a couple of games that DH played (and seemed to enjoy) when we were at my brother's house a couple years ago.  I am getting:  Console, Sports Resort (with the motion thingie), Just Dance 2, Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board, Rabbids Triple Pack, and Resident Evil 4 - just to get started.  The Zumba is coming out at the beginning of March & I may end up getting that too.  :)

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2011, 02:05:01 PM »
The Wii is here!  The Wii is here!  (and Wii Fit Plus with board)

Now for DH to get home & hook it up/teach me how to hook it up...cos that's a DH-thing.  ;)

I bought the console bundle with the Wii Sports Resort (and Just Dance 2) - it looks like there might only be one controller (but I've not dug through the whole thing yet), so we might have to get another one of those.  We'll see.

The two games I ordered extra are coming separately - maybe we'll get those tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 02:13:53 PM by Mrs Robinson »

• Liked: 0
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2011, 02:45:15 PM »
I'm not sure why I missed this thread.  We enjoy our Wii!  ;D  We don't have Just Dance, but Sports Resort is a favorite at our house, along with Super Smash Bros Brawl.  I like Wii Fit but I try to ignore the weight/tests/age thing because it doesn't really relate to my goals and it doesn't reflect my progress very well.
doing laundry

• Liked: 2
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2011, 07:00:41 PM »
The Wii is here!  The Wii is here!  (and Wii Fit Plus with board)

Now for DH to get home & hook it up/teach me how to hook it up...cos that's a DH-thing.  ;)

I bought the console bundle with the Wii Sports Resort (and Just Dance 2) - it looks like there might only be one controller (but I've not dug through the whole thing yet), so we might have to get another one of those.  We'll see.

The two games I ordered extra are coming separately - maybe we'll get those tomorrow.

Mrs. R, you should have 1 remote come with the games console & the Sports Resort you get a motion controller but you will have to buy another remote that goes on top of the motion plus control. Have Fun. ;D  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] a word of advice Don't over do it I did an man did my arms & legs paid for it the next day & the day after that ouch!! ::)  :P

« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2011, 07:32:10 PM »
Hee hee Mr-I'm-Not-Bothered-We-Don't-Really-Need-A-Wii-Do-We (aka Mr Robinson) is down there breaking it in, playing tennis with a big ole smile on his face right now!  Lol!

« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2011, 10:53:57 AM »
Lol - OMG, we had so much fun with this last night & I think DH is even more addicted than me, because I was getting tired & he didn't want to put it down.  (stayed up past our bedtime even!)  :D

I think we'll have to ration it out so we don't do it too much & then get bored with it.  We were only playing the Wii Sports & Sports Resort so far.  He needs to tiddle with the back of the TV to make room for the connector, as we disconnected the stereo to plug in the Wii last night.

I thought I was going to hurt my arm pitching fast balls, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to hit the ball with the bat - lol!  And then we discovered the sword fighting!

Ha on my practice run, I beat the crap outta that little opponent guy until he tipped over the edge into the water - DH was astonished.  So just call me The Bride.  [smiley=pirate.gif]

We played that until we were sweaty & my heart was racing.  He said it was like I was getting out all my aggressions on a husband who makes me walk 8 miles, over mountains, etc - then we laughed 'til we cried.  [smiley=laugh3.gif]

The other two games arrived this morn (Resident Evil 4 & Rabbids) - his eyes lit up when he saw the Resident Evil at the prospect of shooting zombies or whatever it is.  ;)

I'm going to order another controller (we had to take it in turns for most things last night) & maybe some other games...  :)

• Liked: 163
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2011, 11:25:39 AM »
Haha! Your enthusiasm is palpable!  :)

I thought I was going to hurt my arm pitching fast balls, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to hit the ball with the bat - lol!  

Some of the "sports" don't react the way you'd think, especially on the games that don't use the motion plus technology.  Try this to hit baseballs:

1. Start with the remote held in front of you in your dominant hand, tilted straight up so it is pointing at the ceiling.  (Imagine you're holding a sword in your hand pointed straight up.)

2. When the ball arrives, swing the remote straight down as though it's a hammer and you're trying to smash the crap out of a nail that is in front of you at the level of your waist.

Once you get the timing right, you'll be a home run queen.   :)

« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2011, 11:39:20 AM »
Oh thanks for that, Carl!  I'll have to get some more baseball practice in today.  I kept swinging too soon.  :)

I know I'm a big old dork.  :P

Honestly, the look of astonishment on DH's face when he saw me first beat the crap outta the guy with the sword - priceless.  I think he's grateful there aren't any real swords here in the house.  :D

• Liked: 163
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2011, 11:44:01 AM »
Honestly, the look of astonishment on DH's face when he saw me first beat the crap outta the guy with the sword - priceless.  I think he's grateful there aren't any real swords here in the house.  :D

Swordfighting is awesome!  Have you done the one yet where you walk along a path and whack hell out of everyone you come across?  That one's fun, too.   :)

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2011, 02:05:14 PM »
We have a machete and a bayonet (real ones). I use them to get things that have fallen into tight spaces and gotten stuck.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab