Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: The SparkPeople  (Read 4895 times)

Re: The SparkPeople
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2011, 10:24:46 PM »
I'm a member, but mostly to use the calorie counter,  my name weirdly is TURDUNKEN because I couldn't think of anything!
 ???

• Liked: 3
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 01:02:51 PM »
I'm thinking about joining this because I'm really bad at picking at little things during the day. Actually tracking my calories should help me with this. I'm really worried because I cook a lot of meals and that I'm going to find it to be a hassle. We'll see how it goes!

• Tis Me!
    • My Family Photos
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 02:46:50 PM »
Doing whole meals were a pain at first..counting every..little..bit..used....

I drink alot of coffee..couldn't believe how many calories racked up with using sugar!!!!

Can also log on my iphone.....it's in the apps....

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 02:56:05 PM »
Okay, so I'm doing this and so far, so good. It's really helping me be accountable for what I put in my mouth! My question is this, when I input my exercise in the tracker it tells me how many calories I burned that day, but doesn't subtract those calories from the nutrition page. Is there a way to make it do this?

• Fehr Trade
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 03:57:31 PM »
It's really helping me be accountable for what I put in my mouth! My question is this, when I input my exercise in the tracker it tells me how many calories I burned that day, but doesn't subtract those calories from the nutrition page. Is there a way to make it do this?
That isn't how SP works - your calories burnt are figured in when calculating the calorie range you should be eating. As long as you are exercising within the range on the exercise portion, you don't have to do anything - it's already taken into account on the nutrition side.

But if you up your cardio significantly so that you're consistently burning more or less than your target range, then you should go in and update your goals so it recalculates your calorie intake range accordingly.

Does that make sense?
Summer 97 - first visited friends in London
99-00 - studied at Uni of Sussex on exchange
Feb 02 - moved to London on BUNAC
Sep 02 - WP granted (IT skills shortage list)
Sep 04 - WP renewed
Sep 06 - WP renewed again (screwed by 4-5 year ILR change)
Sep 07 - ILR!
March 09 - Citizenship!
July 09 - bone marrow transplant :(
18 Sep 10 - wedding!
Mar 12 - half marathon in Paris! 1:47:12!
Oct 12 - Amsterdam FULL marathon! 3:48:23!

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2011, 05:09:02 PM »
Ahhh! Thanks! I'll go back in and make sure my original exercise goals are what I want them to be. I'm not sure if I did the initial set up properly.

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2011, 08:06:24 PM »
I'm thinking about joining this because I'm really bad at picking at little things during the day. Actually tracking my calories should help me with this. I'm really worried because I cook a lot of meals and that I'm going to find it to be a hassle. We'll see how it goes!

I think you are pretty similar to me, though, and tend to make similar recipes fairly often. You do have to calculate your recipes, but once you have entered them in, you only need to select them to add them to your menu for the day. It's not too hard. Plus there are recipes on the site that other people already calculated, so you can just select those if you want to try something new. I find it works perfectly for people who cook a lot!  :)

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2011, 08:41:12 PM »
Thanks, Jewlz! It's actually not been too bad. And, when I have a little extra time I go ahead and put in a recipe that I know I'll be using at some point.

Now the thing that's frustrating me a bit is the exercise feature. Only because I go to Curves, so it's a bit tough to calculate. They have a pre-set thing under 'cardio', but a Curves workout isn't just cardio, it's also resistance/strength training. I just ordered a heart rate monitor that will calculate my calories burned while at Curves, so I can just put those in each day. It will be much more accurate.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2011, 01:26:43 PM »
Hey there!!

I know I'm waaaaayyy late on this thread but I'm on Spark People too and you can look me up by Amberelle there as well! So feel free to add me! :)
~Amberelle

• Liked: 0
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2011, 06:06:00 PM »
I have pretty much fallen off the SparkPeople wagon.  :-\\\\ I started Slimming World a while back so now I use that website for tracking calories and such.

Next time I do get on SparkPeople I will add everyone on this thread.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2011, 01:40:42 AM »
I lost 20 pounds in 2009 using SP. I just used the meal tracker mostly. If you are someone that will be motivated by a social network or by keeping a record it will do wonders.

Sponsored Links