Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: MOTHER'S DAY - US /UK  (Read 1408 times)

• and you are?
    • biggest APPLE
  • Liked: 0
MOTHER'S DAY - US /UK
« on: March 22, 2003, 11:25:38 PM »
For those who want to be able to send "proper" mother's day cards to their Moms back home remember to buy them now as they won't be available as we approach the US date.

• Unavailable for Comment.
Re: MOTHER'S DAY - US /UK
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2003, 10:24:11 AM »
Or, you could do what I do, and buy them from Hallmark.com. They even send them for you.

Kinda lazy, I know.
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2003, 01:24:11 AM »
We sent Elle's mum an English mothers day (incidentally it used to be called mothering sunday in the UK.  I don't know when that changed...) card which went down really well, as she found it unique to get a card with all the English spelling on it.

• Liked: 24
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2003, 11:02:03 AM »
Thank you, Kirk, I was just going to post that reminder. I procrastinated too long last year, but I have bought my cards now.

My family also enjoy getting unique cards, so I like to buy them here, though card website's are handy in an emergency. The US Post Office also has a card sending feature, it came in handy when I needed to send a get well card in a hurry, and I was able to add the text I needed, all for less than £2. :)

For more details about the English history of Mothering Sunday, there is a link to information on http://www.uk-yankee.com/calendar.html (Click Mothering Sunday) :)

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2003, 11:31:14 PM »
I've made the mistake years ago of sending my Mom a card on the British Mother's Day and a gift on the American one. Now she thinks she's got two Mother's Days and won't let me forget either!

Joanne

Sponsored Links