Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: London Area Book Club - 19 February 2011  (Read 1895 times)

• Liked: 0
London Area Book Club - 19 February 2011
« on: January 20, 2011, 10:39:59 AM »
The next London Area Book Club will meet on 19 February at 3 pm at Cafe Rouge at Victoria Station to discuss the book "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. 
Enter a vanished and unjust world: Jackson, Mississippi, 1962. Where black maids raise white children, but aren’t trusted not to steal the silver... There’s Aibileen, raising her seventeenth white child and nursing the hurt caused by her own son’s tragic death; Minny, whose cooking is nearly as sassy as her tongue; and white Miss Skeeter, home from College, who wants to know why her beloved maid has disappeared. Skeeter, Aibileen and Minny. No one would believe they’d be friends; fewer still would tolerate it. But as each woman finds the courage to cross boundaries, they come to depend and rely upon one another. Each is in a search of a truth. And together they have an extraordinary story to tell...
[smiley=book.gif] [smiley=book.gif] [smiley=book.gif]
We are a fluid group and newbies are warmly welcomed.  Come join us for a cup of tea, perhaps a tarte tantin, and lively book discussion!
“I haven't got the slightest idea how to change people, but still I keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out.” ~David Sedaris

• Liked: 0
Re: London Area Book Club - 19 February 2011
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 03:54:39 PM »
This sounds great! I will try to make this one. I'm terribly shy when it comes to meeting new people though, but hopefully I can get over it. :)

Sponsored Links