Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Lincolnshire area peeps  (Read 933 times)

• Liked: 0
Lincolnshire area peeps
« on: January 30, 2011, 03:04:11 PM »
Any new members living in Lincolnshire?

I could really do with a meet up if we have members in the area.  :)

Re: Lincolnshire area peeps
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 10:19:16 PM »
I know this hasn't been posted in for a while but I'm new to Lincolnshire (Horncastle) and I could seriously use a meet up as well!

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 02:49:00 PM »
HI MGM!!!

I've been away for awhile so just now seeing this. I only live about 15-20 minutes from Horncastle so it looks like a meet up is possible. PM me if you are still interested!  :)

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 03:28:19 PM »
I'm going to be living in Lincolnshire hopefully by the beginning of September, so I'll be up for a meet-up then :).

Not sure where I'll be living yet - work keep switching me between going to RAF Cranwell and RAF Waddington (it was Cranwell back in April, then I was told Waddington in May, but now it's back to Cranwell again as of today!), but I'll be somewhere near or a few miles outside of Lincoln :P.

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 03:37:29 PM »
I am pretty much in between Cranwell and Waddington so where ever they put you works for me!  :P

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 04:13:09 PM »
Cool - I'm looking forward to it :).

I would be a bit frustrated that the people at work keep changing their minds, but it's not like the two bases are that far apart... and also Waddington is a 24/7 base which would mean night and weekend shifts, but Cranwell is only Mon-Fri daytime shifts (with the occasional late night shift), which is nicer (only downfall is less shift pay at Cranwell as I won't be doing the nights and weekends).

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 02:00:10 PM »
Ksand, have they decided where to post you yet?

MGM, if you are still around get in touch with me. Maybe we can meet for a coffee soon?  :)

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 03:46:46 PM »
Ksand, have they decided where to post you yet?

Not completely - the plan right now is to start at Cranwell the first week of September and work there for that first month. Then, I will either stay at Cranwell or work at Waddington instead (apparently one of the guys at Cranwell may be moving to Waddington... but he's going to have a month's trial there, so if he decides to stay at Waddington, I'll stay at Cranwell; but if he doesn't like it he'll come back to Cranwell and I'll go to Waddington instead) :P.

Either way though, I'll be in the Lincoln/Cranwell/Waddington area  ::).

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab