Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Egypt  (Read 728 times)

• Liked: 1
Egypt
« on: February 02, 2011, 09:27:03 PM »
Our news is totally on the Egypt crisis. Has this to do with the implications that could have on the whole region? Think oil and Israel.

The unrest is at a crisis stage at the minute because the people are not working and food is running out.

The simple solution is for the leader? to get out and now. On the other hand the Islam Brotherhood want to take over.

What do I know? I just try to come up with an opinion based on the news.

• Tis Me!
    • My Family Photos
  • Liked: 2
Re: Egypt
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 10:13:20 PM »
On a wholly selfish front..I want it sorted so I can still go on my holiday the end of this month.....I know that they are still traveling to Sharm....

My travel insurance doesn't cover civil unrest........ >:(

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 10:21:07 PM »
And speaking of Egypt ... earlier this week my mother called me to tell me she was worried about me because we're so close to the Med (eh?) and what if the rioting and violence spills over into England ... uh, erm, WHAT?!?! Mind you, under normal circumstances, my mother is a worldly, well-educated and highly intelligent woman. So I'll let this one slide. ;) But I appreciated the laugh I got out of it.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 08:57:38 AM by CuppyCake »
Let them eat cupcakes!

Officially Britishly since August 2013

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 10:22:14 PM »
On a wholly selfish front..I want it sorted so I can still go on my holiday the end of this month.....I know that they are still traveling to Sharm....

My travel insurance doesn't cover civil unrest........ >:(

Fingers crossed for you, MeShell, given all of your ruined holiday plans in the past.
Let them eat cupcakes!

Officially Britishly since August 2013

• Tis Me!
    • My Family Photos
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 08:50:20 AM »
Thanks Cuppy!

We haven't picked very well recently have we... ;D LoL

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 09:47:44 AM »
Has this to do with the implications that could have on the whole region? Think oil and Israel.

Well, these things are probably why Egypt  is getting more attention in the news than other countries in similar situations, but I do think that ordinary citizens getting together to get rid of a 30 year dictatorship and institute free, democratic elections is pretty significant.

• Unavailable for Comment.
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 02:11:51 PM »
And speaking of Egypt ... earlier this week my mother called me to tell me she was worried about me because we're so close to the Med (eh?) and what if the rioting and violence spills over into England ... uh, erm, WHAT?!?! Mind you, under normal circumstances, my mother is a worldly, well-educated and highly intelligent woman. So I'll let this one slide. ;) But I appreciated the laugh I got out of it.

Ha, that makes me laugh because my mom said a similar thing when I moved here. I was so much closer to Iraq and she didn't think it was safe.

There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

Sponsored Links