Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Shaun T's Insanity workout  (Read 3020 times)

• Liked: 0
Shaun T's Insanity workout
« on: February 06, 2011, 04:10:48 PM »
I don't know if anyone here is familiar with this workout program but I can HIGHLY recommend it for overall weight loss & lean muscle building.  Even though it's a home DVD workout, which I usually do not like, it's amazing.  As a full-time mom of a little one and student, I have no spare time & found Insanity was a fairly quick and effective way to get back in shape.  No need for weights or other fancy gear--just tennis shoes and comfortable clothes (or and NO gym membership...yipee).

I'm now on my second round of the program and feel great, with only a little more weight to lose before I finally reach my goal.  The initial investment is worth every penny and you can now buy the set online from BeachBody (UK), who have other great workouts.

Warning, though, it will kick your b*tt.  :)
Oh, and I don't work for the co. nor am I a BB coach.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 04:17:01 PM by Ducky »

• British by descent
  • Liked: 3
Re: Shaun T's Insanity workout
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 07:36:05 PM »
I haven't done it, though I did borrow my friend's DVD and tried the intro - oy. I can well believe that the full program would kick your butt. :)

I quite liked the little bit I tried, since as you said, you don't need any special equipment. Only part I didn't like was that my dog kept wanting "in" on the action and I was paranoid I'd fall over him or kick him or something. ;)

I should get the full set and give it a shot, though.
Moved to London February 5, 2010

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 07:33:58 AM »
I haven't done it, though I did borrow my friend's DVD and tried the intro - oy. I can well believe that the full program would kick your butt. :)

I quite liked the little bit I tried, since as you said, you don't need any special equipment. Only part I didn't like was that my dog kept wanting "in" on the action and I was paranoid I'd fall over him or kick him or something. ;)

I should get the full set and give it a shot, though.

lol...my 3yr old constantly gets underfoot.  I really like how quick it works your cardio and muscles, without any weights, etc..  I used to love to go to the gym but I seriously don't have time for that now.  Besides, any special equipment we've ever purchased over the years has usually just taken up space & collected dust.   ;)

Try it.  If you like a good, intense workout, then you'll love it.  Let me know if you do.
Good luck!  
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 07:35:45 AM by Ducky »

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 01:00:54 PM »
I'm also on my second round of Insanity and absolutely love it. I did my first round while still in the US. So glad there is no one living below us (yet) as I'm sure all the jumping could drive one mad.  I've got 3 kids at home. I set them to work on their schooling while I do the workout. It's been great for weight loss, but has also had a great impact on my core. I'm so much stronger and have a much more toned abdomen.

--Laurie

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 06:29:25 PM »
How much is it? Is it just online or can you purchase it in stores??

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 09:56:56 AM »
You can buy it from teambeachbody (co.uk).  You might be able to find a better price from amazon or ebay, though.  Just check the seller's ratings.
 :)

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 04:12:50 PM »
thank you :)

Sponsored Links