Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Making life normal  (Read 8930 times)

• Liked: 1
Re: Making life normal
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2003, 07:22:31 PM »
I think the key thing here is that there are some people who are just negative.  Nothing you say or do will be right.  On top of that they are so miserable themselves they have to impart that to others.  As kcg said, "misery loves company."

These are the same people who will bash you for being different in any way.  They definately don't understand internet romances or friendships.  

Personally, I have met a lot of very nice people online in the past, and some really freaky people in need of psychological help.  Either way I have always been cautious and always met in a very public place.

You have to be careful no matter where you meet someone.  A bar, plane, mall, store regardless.  I mean how many of us have been in a relationship for months or years only to realize the person was well..."just not right?"  

I have had BF's I met online and my current husband and I met once in person then wrote letters.  We spent maybe 7 weeks total before getting married.  People thought we were nuts.  Mostly people from my office.  They would say, "but you barely know him" etc. :P

Well all I can say is that until you sign that marriage certificate and live with someone day in and day out --you don't know them.  Even then there are things that we probably still keep secret.

People who meet online often have more in depth conversations and get to what really makes them tick a lot faster than a normal let's go to the movies couple, or the let's hop into bed couple.

Plus it is true as LisaE says one day you will be seen as a pioneer.

The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

Sponsored Links