Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Citizenship app--do referees need to sign back of your photo?  (Read 8158 times)

• On an Irish adventure, on the West coast of Clare!
  • Liked: 1
Re: Citizenship app--do referees need to sign back of your photo?
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 12:52:03 PM »
What's to stop you from removing the photo and attaching a different one?
I know, I thought the same thing!
Met husband-to-be in Ireland July 2006
Married October 2007
Became a British citizen 21 July 2011
Separated from husband August 2014
Off on an Irish adventure October 2014

• Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2011, 08:31:38 PM »
Thanks for the good wishes.  Should have said ... Applied at NCS Leeds 22 December 2010, approval letter received 28 January 2011 despite all the snow and holidays.  Citizenship ceremony 23 February 2011 and about to apply for UK passport.  Very quick process!!  Very friendly at Leeds, nice lady called Rhi, very straightforward application.  Worth going to NCS.

All the best with yours :)

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2011, 08:35:28 PM »
Thanks for the good wishes.  Should have said ... Applied at NCS Leeds 22 December 2010, approval letter received 28 January 2011 despite all the snow and holidays.  Citizenship ceremony 23 February 2011 and about to apply for UK passport.  Very quick process!!  Very friendly at Leeds, nice lady called Rhi, very straightforward application.  Worth going to NCS.

All the best with yours :)
Thanks abi!  I hope mine doesn't take quite as long (though you did say it was quick).  Looks like your whole process will take about 4 months.  Hope mine takes less because we usually go to Ireland at the end of July and I'll need my British passport as you're not supposed to travel on your US passport once you are a citizen, I think.  Oh well, will worry about that when the time comes.
Married October 2007

• Liked: 0
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2011, 08:50:07 PM »
Don't panic.  I think our process could have been quicker, but there has been some procrastinating ... :)  The only bit we had no control over was the NCS to approval period and I think that is pretty normal.  Could have had a week earlier citizenship ceremony - ours was in Bradford, could have prepared the passport application and sent it off within days but it hasn't gone yet.  Some people send their passport application the same day as the ceremony, although that seems a little dangerous - how can a signatory sign it if they applicant isn't yet a citizen??  Anyways ... will try to post how long the passport takes ... when it finally gets sent!!  As that will be Leeds again for the interview ...

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2011, 08:52:17 PM »
Don't panic.  I think our process could have been quicker, but there has been some procrastinating ... :)  The only bit we had no control over was the NCS to approval period and I think that is pretty normal.  Could have had a week earlier citizenship ceremony - ours was in Bradford, could have prepared the passport application and sent it off within days but it hasn't gone yet.  Some people send their passport application the same day as the ceremony, although that seems a little dangerous - how can a signatory sign it if they applicant isn't yet a citizen??  Anyways ... will try to post how long the passport takes ... when it finally gets sent!!  As that will be Leeds again for the interview ...
Ah, I see what you're saying abi.  I won't panic and thanks again!  :)
Married October 2007

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab