Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Tesco recruits in Solvania for UK Jobs  (Read 753 times)

• Liked: 1
Tesco recruits in Solvania for UK Jobs
« on: March 16, 2011, 01:42:06 PM »
Tesco recruits in Slovakia for UK jobs

Tesco is the largest retailer in the UK

UK jobless number rises further
Tesco enjoys 12.5% jump in profit
Tesco is looking in Slovakia to fill UK job vacancies because of a lack of interest locally, it has said.

The supermarket giant said the measure was a last resort when positions could not be filled within the community.

Denying it was an attempt to find cheap labour, it said all recruits were paid the same, regardless of origin.

Figures published last month showed that unemployment in the UK increased by 44,000 in the final three months of 2010 to just below 2.5 million.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12722932

Where are the job openings?

• Liked: 2
Re: Tesco recruits in Solvania for UK Jobs
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 02:14:37 PM »
Friends of mine applied online for a job at Tesco and Asda. Neither of them could pass the tests.. All they wanted to apply for was a cashier position, though the online test was asking them about order inquiries, stock charts, how many new products to order in a 3 month period blah blah blah. No basic math test, not basic english test.. It was so strange.

Though I can't really said they are the first major company to try and hire from outside the country...
We stole countries with the cunning use of flags. Just sail around the world and stick a flag in. "I claim India for Britain!" They're going "You can't claim us, we live here! Five hundred million of us!" "Do you have a flag …? "What? We don't need a flag, this is our home, you bastards" "No flag, No Country, You can't have one! Those are the rules... that I just made up!...and I'm backing it up with this gun, that was lent to me from the National Rifle Association."

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 06:27:04 PM »
Though I can't really said they are the first major company to try and hire from outside the country...

I remember reading that more than one supermarket chain wanting staff for branches in Reading had resorted to advertising in Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary among other countries. This was after UK-wide advertising campaigns with offers of reimbursement of transport costs to interview and help with relocation. (Maybe they should have tried Solvania, as well, if only they could find out where it is?  ;))

Most major bus companies are doing similar things, FirstBus have a training school in Poland with roads laid out with UK signs and markings to get the recruits used to driving on the left.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 06:29:01 PM by Trémula »

• Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 07:38:30 AM »
I saw this in thw paper also , how can they do this ? Because they they own banks here ? hmmmm ? how is this possible ? is this dire need employment ?  my fiance is a mobile security officer in  tesco 's and said there are a lot of them in management possitions already .. they can just go to other countries and employ and bring them back here ? and we are struggling to get here lawfully with all the red tape , and draining our pockets ..

• Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 07:58:14 AM »
Because they are part of the EU and it is basically like recruiting someone from another state.

Sponsored Links