Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Prince William Won't be Wearing a Wedding Band  (Read 1801 times)

• Liked: 0
Prince William Won't be Wearing a Wedding Band
« on: March 31, 2011, 10:47:23 PM »
I don't follow what's going on with the royal family, but it's hard to ignore the upcoming wedding.  When I saw this article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1372078/Whats-ring-Palace-confirms-Prince-William-wearing-wedding-band-marries-Kate-Middleton.html?ito=feeds-newsxml it hit a little close to home.

DF and I have had a pretty major argument about whether or not he would be wearing a ring.  In the end the compromise was that he would wear it unless he was in a house that he owns. I had to be specific, or he'd get me on a technicality! 

Re: Prince William Won't be Wearing a Wedding Band
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 10:49:52 PM »
I don't really see the issue with him not wearing one.  I never wear mine.

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 11:02:17 PM »
My husband was surprised that I wanted him to wear a wedding ring, as his father doesn't wear one, but went along with it.  He wears it all the time, and I think he's grown to like it.  For me personally, it would have been a very big deal if he had refused, but obviously priorities are different for different people. 
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 11:04:27 PM »
DH doesn't wear his to work because it's a horrible place with horrible co workers, and he doesn't want it to be tainted. It's totally true; it's right near our GP surgery, in a scuzzy part of town. I have to take mine off sometimes because they need resizing and constantly fall off,  but I haven't had time/money to get it done. The last thing I need is a kid swallowing one or both of them!
Amor Vinicit Omnia=Love Conquers All.

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 11:12:26 PM »
My husband rarely wears his. I wasn't sure how I would feel about it, but I'm ok with it.  He keeps it on his desk in his office or carries it around in his pocket.

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 11:15:28 PM »
My husband doesn't wear one and my father never did either. It's not a big deal to me.
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 11:26:12 PM »
When we got engaged it never even occurred to me that either one of us wouldn't wear a ring. It was just a given that we would but to each their own. I always have mine on. My ring is very special to me and the ring that my husband wears belonged to his father. They both have an enormous sentimental value. I lost my ring once and I cried for hours. Thank goodness I found it under a rug in our kitchen because I was devastated. I guess it had slipped off or gotten loose when I was washing the dishes. During the panic and tears everyone kept saying to me I could get another one but in my eyes it was priceless and completely irreplaceable.  

• This is me. Love it or love it.
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 11:28:56 PM »
Well I suppose the main reason why the significant other would want their hubby to wear one is so that it signifies him being married, especially to people who don't know. But really, EVERYONE will know Wills is married, and who he is married to... so it would probably be a moot point anyway. Haha.
There are two kinds of people.  People who say what they want, and people who DO what they want. Which one will you be?

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 12:17:22 AM »
I know it's still not that common amongst many European men. Most of the American men I know who are married wear one. I'd like to say I wouldn't care if I got married again. But I know I would.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Liked: 1
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 12:31:45 AM »
Meh, I don't plan to wear an engagement/wedding ring, much less expect BF to do so. It's just not me, I'm not a jewelry person. I hate having things on my hands and wrists, I'd probably lose the thing within a month! I don't have my ears pierced so the only jewelry I ever wear is necklaces. I never notice if people are wearing a ring or not so I guess I assume no one will ever notice if I'm not!

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 03:26:28 AM »
It's really important to me that he wears one, I don't have a logical reason, I just can't understand why he wouldn't want to.  I'm happy that he will!

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 07:56:47 AM »
I can understand it.  Search and Rescue, plus ring equals degloving.

Most of the EMTS and Wildland Firefighters I know didn't wear them at work, which turned into never remembering to wear them.  :)

• Liked: 1
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 08:13:43 AM »
I know it's still not that common amongst many European men. Most of the American men I know who are married wear one. I'd like to say I wouldn't care if I got married again. But I know I would.

It is very common on the continent, the difference is they wear them on the right hand, not the left.

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 08:48:26 AM »
I'm not a jewelry person. I hate having things on my hands and wrists, I'd probably lose the thing within a month!

This is exactly what DH said. Really, I saw no point at all in us paying for a ring that would be missing in a month. He did actually try one on when we bought mine, but it felt so odd and unnatural to him that he knew he'd always be taking it off and would be bound to leave it somewhere.
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2011, 09:02:36 AM »
I admit when I first got my ring it felt very awkward on my finger and a little annoying if I'm honest. I never wore a ring until I was engaged. Now It's like a part of me. I don't even feel it! That is why I was so upset when I thought I lost it because I didn't actually know how long it had been gone for! I only noticed it was missing after going to spin it on my finger. I think it took me about a month to actually get used to wearing a ring. It's one of those things you'll get used to with time.

Sponsored Links