Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Any tips ???  (Read 1869 times)

• Liked: 0
Any tips ???
« on: April 01, 2011, 04:09:20 PM »
So, I've been working out 6 days a week, not eating any fast food or anything and have recently lost 10 pounds  :o ( i was shocked! haha ) and about 5 inches now around my waist/hips/abdomen area. However, I can't lose my tummy it seems. I'm horrible with doing crunches, they hurt my neck so I can only assume I'm doing them wrong. I see all those ads "lose belly fat" but really how many of those can you do? Each day I do at least 30 minutes on one of the machines like the elliptical or stairmaster (that sort), and then on one day I'll go do all the arm machines, and the next day i'll do the leg machines. It seems to have been working quite well but the belly is not decreasing as fast as I'd hoped. Please oh please tell me theres something besides crunches I can do! Because I hate those with a passion!!!

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
Re: Any tips ???
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 10:32:57 PM »
Crunches and other ab exercises will make your abdominal muscles stronger (which is a good thing), but they will not make you lose fat on your abdomen.

Strengthening a group of muscles isn't going to make that body part smaller.

You can't control which parts of your body you lose and gain weight from first; that is genetic.

The only way you can lose fat from your abomen is by losing weight all over - eating less and exercising more  (including strength training, which burns a lot of calories)- which you have been doing.

To avoid hurting your neck doing crunches, hold your chin toward your chest like you are holding an apple between your chest and your chin and use your hands to lightly support your head if you have to.

You might want to try Yoga which will help you with posture and flexibility so your stomach will appear slightly leaner just because of how your spine is stretched and how you hold your body.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 10:41:21 PM by sweetpeach »

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 10:43:14 PM »
Have you tried pilates? Most of the exercises are aimed at your core (aka tummy) and it helps to tone up the rest of your body as well. I know every one is different but I used to do pilates twice a week and I have never had a flatter tummy. I would start it up again but there is no class in my area available when I am free.

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 03:50:43 AM »
Thank you to both of you! I'm not a flexible person, I tried Pilates awhile ago but I never stuck with it. I might see if I can find a video because I'm not sure we have any classes around here for it. Yeah I mean I think I'm working out enough, and i can feel my arms and legs getting more muscle and seemingly less fat. However it just looks like it. I think I'd like to try and strengthen them more by trying to do them how you said, I just hated it cause it hurt my neck so much !!!! I wonder if doing them on an exercise ball might help? I believe we have one around  our house, its a bit of a larger one but that won't matter will it?? It's like inches are being lost all around my body except for there, and its extremely frustrating. I know you're right about the genetics thing sweetpeach, I just get frustrated when I don't see the results that I really wanna see as its one of the few areas I'm extremely self conscious about. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers I guess! Should be happy with what I've accomplished this far! Thank you guys and I"m going to look into the video :) or a class.

Sponsored Links