Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Gonnae no do that, but will try low-carb!!  (Read 1991 times)

Gonnae no do that, but will try low-carb!!
« on: April 04, 2003, 11:50:18 PM »
I'm going to try low-carbing. I did 'the Zone' for a while about a year ago, but I stopped because I found it amazingly time-consuming. On the whole, it did suit me, and I did feel more alert and energised. I did the cutting out of rice, taters, bread, and pasta thing, and I did notice improvements because of it. I figure low-carbing is along these same lines but more intensive, and since I felt better with the Zone, maybe a proper 'low-carb' plan might kick my lardy ars* into gear. All I know is that I'm fat fat fat, and I hate it hate it hate it. Before I moved here, I was a fabulous 135-140 lbs  [smiley=gorgeous.gif], now, I have NO idea!! I think I have maybe 5 stone to lose; add that to my height of 5'10 = large woman! I'm a big comfort eater, and during the months I waited for my work visa to come through I went through a lot of good cheese, bread, and stodgy foods like chicken stew w/dumplings and cream desserts! Food is a great companion to me; I love it! But I know that I am very unhappy how I am now, and I just want to feel good again.

Any thoughts from other low-carbers would be greatly appreciated! Any and all wisdoms, apply within.

• and you are?
    • biggest APPLE
  • Liked: 0
Re: Gonnae no do that, but will try low-carb!!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2003, 12:16:26 AM »
I low carbed for a while and it certainly did work. I then went back home to NYC for two weeks and fell right off it again. Too much temptation.
I'm getting ready to go back on again. Down sides in the begining can include headaches but they do pass pretty quickly. You can also experience some constipation but you can counter this by drinking lots of water which you should be doing anyway. The other thing is that going low carb is more expensive so factor that into the weekly budget.

On the up side of things - it works, and you don't really get hungry. Another thing to keep in mind is that at some point you will start to get bored with all the meat etc. and start to wonder about just how healthy it is. Remember that you will enjoy the things you had to cut out in the begining it's just you'll be far more aware of how it effects your body and honestly you'll stop craving it. I was amazed what a hold bread and potatos had over me. Hang in with it and you will get results. For more info ask Marlespo, she's the low carb QUEEN!

Re: Gonnae no do that, but will try low-carb!!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2003, 12:40:12 AM »
It's true you don't miss the carbs after a while! I was amazed how I never craved carbs to such a degree as I used to before I started the 'Zone'.  Funny though, when I was in my teens and early 20's, I would diet by eating nothing but carbs! I remember living off of potatoes, rice, pasta, and the cheapest spaghetti sauce and sour cream substitute I could find when I was rooming with about 5 other girls. Interesting how far you can stretch a weekly budget of $10!!

Regarding cost, I usually spend so much on junk food anyway that I'm prepared to spend a bit on this, so that's no problem.

Marlespo, please share your knowledge!  [smiley=help.gif]

Sponsored Links