Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Where to get photo in UK for US passport?  (Read 13102 times)

• Liked: 0
Where to get photo in UK for US passport?
« on: April 24, 2011, 08:51:15 AM »
I was going to just go to a photo booth to get my daughters picture taken, but I realized the photo requirements are different for the US passport. Does anyone know where I can go here in the UK to get the photo taken for her US passport?

• Liked: 3595
Re: Where to get photo in UK for US passport?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 09:05:33 AM »
Snappy Snaps photo shops do US passport size photos (2 x 2 inches), but they can charge quite a bit for them (I paid about £12 for photos for my US visa back in 2009).

The US Embassy in London website has a list of photographers in the UK that will do US-sized passport photos: http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/acs/passports/photographers.html

I know they have a US passport photo booth in the visa section of the US Embassy in London, so they may have one in the US citizen section for passport applicants when you go for her appointment, but I don't know for sure, so it's probably best to get one done somewhere else in advance.

• Pajama Enthusiast
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 09:12:15 AM »
Snappy Snaps photo shops do US passport size photos (2 x 2 inches), but they can charge quite a bit for them (I paid about £12 for photos for my US visa back in 2009).

Just backing this up.  I got mine done at Snappy Snaps a couple of weeks ago and I believe it was £6 for 2 US size photos and £15 for 4.  I don't know where they get their math from but there you have it.  :)
"It is really a matter of ending this silence and solitude, of breathing and stretching one's arms again."

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 09:21:05 AM »
Just backing this up.  I got mine done at Snappy Snaps a couple of weeks ago and I believe it was £6 for 2 US size photos and £15 for 4.  I don't know where they get their math from but there you have it.  :)

They seem to keep changing their prices - I think it cost me something like £12 for two visa photos in 2003, £14 for two photos in 2007 and then either £10 or £12 for four photos in 2009!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 09:38:44 AM by ksand24 »

• Pajama Enthusiast
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 09:29:54 AM »
They seem to keep changing their prices - I think it cost me something like £12 for two visa photos in 2003, £14 for two photos in 2007 and then wither £10 or £12 for four photos in 2009!

Yeah, it's a bit wonky isn't it?  Maybe it has to do with which branch you go to, or demand?   ???
"It is really a matter of ending this silence and solitude, of breathing and stretching one's arms again."

• Liked: 2
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 09:33:01 AM »
We went to Max Speilman, it was 5.99 for 6 photos, and the told us that if the photos got rejected for any reason they would do new ones for free. Were very good with the baby as well! :D
We stole countries with the cunning use of flags. Just sail around the world and stick a flag in. "I claim India for Britain!" They're going "You can't claim us, we live here! Five hundred million of us!" "Do you have a flag …? "What? We don't need a flag, this is our home, you bastards" "No flag, No Country, You can't have one! Those are the rules... that I just made up!...and I'm backing it up with this gun, that was lent to me from the National Rifle Association."

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 09:46:01 AM »
There is a chemists down the road from the embassy that does photos. They also hold electronics for you and have some US candies. Also, a lot if local photographers will do them - we got 10 photos, mixture of us and uk sizes plus a couple if cute out takes when we did my son's. Just call around to photographers. They tend to actually make the photos look good as well as meet requirements!

• Smiley Gifts World
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 10:35:27 AM »
http://www.maxspielmann.co.uk/HomeI went to max spielmann too...they were great- knew exactly what to do, and I don't live in an area where you would expect them to have a clue ;-)

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 11:28:53 AM »
We used Snappy Snaps for our 3 week old's US passport pics just last week.  It was definitely expensive £14 for 2 pics, but it was fast and convenient.  Dunno if there's a surcharge for a tiny baby vs an adult vs a non-baby child.    

I know they have a US passport photo booth in the visa section of the US Embassy in London, so they may have one in the US citizen section for passport applicants when you go for her appointment, but I don't know for sure, so it's probably best to get one done somewhere else in advance.

Yep, there is definitely a US passport photo booth in the US citizen section of the embassy -- it's right when you walk in the door after being cleared by security.  Can't miss it.  I don't know the price (and know that it requires pound coins because people were asking for change), but as of Thursday, April 21, it was there!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 11:31:04 AM by 0phinky »

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 01:51:28 PM »
We used Snappy Snaps for our 3 week old's US passport pics just last week.  

Hijack- Congrats on the birth of you baby Ophinky!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links