Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: US: Trump wants to see Obama's High School Transcipt  (Read 745 times)

• Liked: 0
US: Trump wants to see Obama's High School Transcipt
« on: May 11, 2011, 09:22:51 AM »
US: Trump wants to see Obama's High School Transcipt

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/us-election/8472964/Donald-Trump-Barack-Obama-wasnt-qualified-for-Ivy-League.html 

Not sure I understand what the objective is here. It's no secret that many folks who went to Ivy league schools did not deserve to get in either, either due to their family lineage connections, or outstanding alumni contributions the year before acceptance.  That was very common in my own high school and the kids who were accepted because their parents were alums fully admitted it, despite their flunking maths and chemistry (and French). Also just playing the right position in the right sport could seal the deal. What's the point the point here?  Why invent this problem ? There are much bigger problems in the world to me other than to chase this invented distraction.  DT just sounds like a bully to me. 
HSMP Granted 19 June 07
Expat to London 16 Aug 07
Move to Newcastle upon Tyne 21 April 08
FLR Granted under new Tier 1 visa 19 June 09

• Liked: 163
Re: US: Trump wants to see Obama's High School Transcipt
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 12:17:01 PM »
Trump is a clown, and he's making the Republican Party look like a bunch of loonies who are more worried about trivial stupidity than solving real problems.

• Liked: 31
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 12:19:35 PM »
Will he be demanding Dubya's transcripts? Everybody knows he was an eejit but got into Yale because of daddy.

Trump is a clown, and he's making the Republican Party look like a bunch of loonies who are more worried about trivial stupidity than solving real problems.

They don't need any help with that, because it's what they are.
Arrived as student 9/2003; Renewed student visa 9/2006; Applied for HSMP approval 1/2008; HSMP approved 3/2008; Tier 1 General FLR received 4/2008; FLR(M) Unmarried partner approved (in-person) 27/8/2009; ILR granted at in-person PEO appointment 1/8/2011; Applied for citizenship at Edinburgh NCS 31/10/2011; Citizenship approval received 4/2/2012
FINALLY A CITIZEN! 29/2/2012

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 12:21:50 PM »
he's making the Republican Party look like a bunch of loonies

You say that like it's a bad thing.  ;)
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 02:31:25 PM »
Not sure I understand what the objective is here.

it's quite simple really

You demand documents from someone, and one of three things happens
Either they deliver the documents, and you move onto the next demand
Or the documents contain something negative and you look like you exposed them
Or they refuse to deliver the documents, and they look sneaky and underhand and you look like a crusader for truth.

That's the theory, anyway.  In practice someone like Trump looks like an out of touch bully.

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 09:01:28 PM »
I want to see evidence that whatever is on Trump's head is actually human hair and not a dead animal.
I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.' Kurt Vonnegut

• Liked: 3
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 09:54:28 PM »
Can we request to see all Trump's business dealings and tax returns? This guy had better be squeaky clean if he decides to run.
"We don't want our chocolate to get cheesy!"

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 10:41:53 PM »
No way he really runs.  He's like Ross Perot, Fred Thompson, or Sarah Palin; they like having lackeys telling them they should be President, and they like the idea of being President, but they don't want to actually go through the process of running for President.

If there was a President by acclimation or something like that, they'd be all for it.

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 10:52:54 PM »
No way he really runs.  He's like Ross Perot, Fred Thompson, or Sarah Palin; they like having lackeys telling them they should be President, and they like the idea of being President, but they don't want to actually go through the process of running for President.

They don't actually want to be President, either.  I mean, they want to be The President, but they don't want to do the job.  It's all about having power, and not about doing a difficult job. 
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 11:02:29 PM »
They don't actually want to be President, either.  I mean, they want to be The President, but they don't want to do the job.  It's all about having power, and not about doing a difficult job. 

Right.  They want to ride around on Air Force One and wear the jacket with the Presidential Seal and have everyone stand up when they enter a room.  Dealing with Congress to get things done and having late night TV show hosts make fun of you and having to tell Katie Couric what newspapers you read, not so much.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 02:46:11 AM »
I want to see evidence that whatever is on Trump's head is actually human hair and not a dead animal.
I've wondered about the species of that thing.  Perhaps he should present some information.  lol

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 10:55:48 PM »
Trump's decided not to run for president. 

[deadpan]What a shocking development.[/deadpan]

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/05/16/6653781-trump-not-running-for-president

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 11:26:50 PM »
The pompous windbag.  At least he could have the decency to follow through on his bluster. 
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 01:19:42 AM »
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 09:41:47 AM »
he was never out there to run for president.  He was out there to throw manure and act like a child, so the eventual Republican candidate could keep a "whiter than white" image

Sponsored Links