Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Yay me!!!  (Read 1962 times)

Yay me!!!
« on: April 05, 2003, 12:37:51 PM »
I just got my provisional driving license in the mail today!  go me!!!!!!   ;D  ;D  ;D

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled program.

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
Re: Yay me!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2003, 10:44:45 AM »
Oooh, now the fun really begins!
Congrats!
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2003, 01:37:03 AM »
what do you have to do to get this provisional license thing ??? is the test hard :-/!!

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2003, 10:03:16 AM »
what do you have to do to get this provisional license thing ??? is the test hard :-/!!

I didn't have to take a test for a provisional license, BUT I did have to go to the DVLA office in person to have someone there sign the back of my picture.  They want you to have someone who is not a family member who is a "professional", i.e., doctor, solicitor, librarian, clergy...who has known you for 2 years to sign the back of your picture saying yes that's you.  If you haven't got anyone like that because you haven't been in the UK that long then you have to go to the DVLA office and they'll do it.  Then you just pay your fee and they'll check your documents there (had to take my passport for ID) and they send off your application.  I got my license within a week and now I can legally take driving lessons and/or drive while I have a licensed driver in the car (whose held a license for I think it's 3 years or more).  

Hope that answers your questions!

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2003, 07:01:43 PM »
Right you are then......now go out and buy one of those pumped up minis that are getting so popular here in Boston  ;D

• Liked: 24
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2003, 07:10:55 PM »
Hooray elle!  :D

I started taking lessons right after I got mine last fall, got fed up, and have taken a few months break from it since. What a pain in the butt. Next time I'll try a different instructor, mine was nice-ish but just wasn't the right chemistry.

Good luck with your lessons hun!  8)

Sponsored Links