Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: US Citizen Quiz - question error?  (Read 2370 times)

• Liked: 0
US Citizen Quiz - question error?
« on: May 30, 2011, 11:49:30 AM »
There was a question on the new US Citizen quiz recently posted that seemed to have a problem with it. The question was:

What is the right or freedom granted in the First Amendment?

Possible answers:
- Freedom of Religion
- Freedom of Speech
- Right to keep and bear arms

Both the first and second choice should be correct.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. (emphasis mine)

I selected the first choice (religion) and it was marked as wrong, highlighting Speech as the correct answer.

Not a huge deal, but perhaps it could be changed to prevent any confusion?  :)
I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.' Kurt Vonnegut

Re: US Citizen Quiz - question error?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 04:13:02 PM »
Slate magazine just ran a piece a few months ago about all of the incorrect answers in the US citizenship test. Apparently there are quite a few. Their advice was to go with the answer they say is 'correct' even in situations where it isn't quite right. ;)

http://www.slate.com/id/2286258/
August 2008 - Tier 4 - Student Visa
February 2010 - Tier 1 - PSW
January 2012 - FLR(M)
June 2014 - ILR (finally!)

Re: US Citizen Quiz - question error?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 06:16:26 PM »
Haha.. my post isn't very clear. I meant the quiz on this website. When you go to the home page there's a link to take a sample US Citizen quiz, and that's the one I was mentioning.

Silly there are errors on the real thing, though. But just because the actual US Citizen quiz isn't accurate doesn't mean the UKY one can't be!  ;)
I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.' Kurt Vonnegut

Sponsored Links