Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: City Hall NYC, It accepts British Passports? Please check this accepted ID LIST  (Read 845 times)

• Liked: 0
Hi guys.

I am looking over the City Hall's marriage Beauro City Clerk page and it lists the only ID's they accept to get married.  Is my BF's British passport going to be accepted??? 
(It just says "PASSPORT" on this list. everything else says it needs to be American)

Please check me over, copied and pasted from the accepted ID's page:

We accept eight forms of identification for most of the services we provide. Expired identification is not accepted.

---Driver License with photograph (from the United States of America or any of its territories)

---Non-Driver Identification Card with photograph (from the United States of America or any of its territories)

---Learner Permit with photograph (from the United States of America or any of its territories)

---Active United States Military Identification Card

---Passport

---United States Certificate of Naturalization (good for 10 years after date of issue)

---United States Alien Registration Card

---United States Employment Authorization Card

• Liked: 31
Yes, of course it is.
Arrived as student 9/2003; Renewed student visa 9/2006; Applied for HSMP approval 1/2008; HSMP approved 3/2008; Tier 1 General FLR received 4/2008; FLR(M) Unmarried partner approved (in-person) 27/8/2009; ILR granted at in-person PEO appointment 1/8/2011; Applied for citizenship at Edinburgh NCS 31/10/2011; Citizenship approval received 4/2/2012
FINALLY A CITIZEN! 29/2/2012

I know i ask some pretty stupid questions sometimes, but I am nervous and want to make sure I understand everything and nothing is left out!  Thanks!  :)

• Liked: 163
I know i ask some pretty stupid questions sometimes, but I am nervous and want to make sure I understand everything and nothing is left out!  Thanks!  :)

No problem, although you probably could've asked this question on your existing NY City Hall thread.   :)

• I'm the Brit half...

Awww I remember being in that position, wanting to get everything right! I even had my US hubby contact the county hall to check it all out just to be sure ;D

It's a shame that what should be such an exciting and lovely occasion is preceeded by so much stress and anxiety. Not that wedding plans aren't this but these transatlantic weddings do bring a bit more stress I think!!  But so worth it in the end when you get there!  :)
2nd April 2011 - married in MN, USA
7th April 2011 - Applied online for Spouse Visa
11th April 2011 - Spouse visa issued
12th May 2011 - Hubby home :)
22nd June 2013 - ILR :) :)

• Liked: 3595
No problem, although you probably could've asked this question on your existing NY City Hall thread.   :)

Yeah, it makes it a little bit easier for us to remember your situation and answer your questions accurately if you keep them all to just one or two threads, rather than starting a new topic for each question :)... you've started 18 new topics about your wedding/visa application since Monday - that's more topics than I've started since I joined the forum 4 years ago :P ;).

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab