Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: temporary help available from members  (Read 915 times)

temporary help available from members
« on: June 28, 2011, 05:02:50 PM »
Hi its me again and probably in wrong board...

Anyway, right now I don't know where we will start out in England as it will be wherever I can find a wheelchair enabled home. I LOVE all regions of Britain so its ok wherever we start. Having said that, I currently love from Nottingham north, particularly Sheffield, Leeds, York areas and am trying to learn about Harrogate.

It is extremely time consuming to walk that little Google man all over the street views to get a feel for a place!

I never can get to the point because I need to know everything, sorry.

My husband and I could use some temporary assistance upon first arriving. Arm and leg work and being shown where to get what we need fast. Neither one of us can get there and just go get daily supplies so I figure I'll need to pack and ship on plane what everyone else would have ability to go collect. We could use some getting started help if you know what I mean. Supplies, minor adjustments to the home, learning the area and when and what taxes need paid.

Do expats really get together and would any be interested in helping us get settled? I'll be so tired and more dingy than I am just getting there.

Please be assured that we do not enjoy being dependent on others so you won't have to adopt us.

In the meantime please PM me your experiences in the areas mention above.

Thanks again.

• Mummy of Jean Kathleen and Thomas Patrick
  • Liked: 1
Re: temporary help available from members
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 11:15:26 AM »
I'd love to help if only it was Coventry you were after
Maroon Passport Club!

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 03:35:38 PM »
I'd love to help if only it was Coventry you were after

Hi and thanks for your reply. I'm just trying to get a sense of who, what, where! (: I'm sure many people would want to help, it is just that we could use some things lined up prior to our arrival (If they let us in) and for a short period of time afterwords. I must be careful not to put myself in mental and physical collapse with this move. Afterall we want to LIVE there.

• Smiley Gifts World
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 04:36:49 PM »
Hi and thanks for your reply. I'm just trying to get a sense of who, what, where! (: I'm sure many people would want to help, it is just that we could use some things lined up prior to our arrival (If they let us in) and for a short period of time afterwords. I must be careful not to put myself in mental and physical collapse with this move. Afterall we want to LIVE there.
You are being very sensible! I would also love to help out but am not in the area you are looking. If you end up in Cheshire, let me know :). Once you know definitely where you are going to be hopefully someone will be local to you !

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 05:06:56 PM »
You are being very sensible! I would also love to help out but am not in the area you are looking. If you end up in Cheshire, let me know :). Once you know definitely where you are going to be hopefully someone will be local to you !

Thank you!

Me definitely knowing anything...what a concept!  ??? Anywhoo, how about if I hire a bus and bus all of you nice people to where ever I end up? (haha) I do love most areas of England. I'm seeing a nice get together for all contributing people. Hm, this could be a big event! A very nice event. Now if God grants me the sanity and know-how of throwing the event! Expats helping, Brits helping, folks from this forum, new neighbours, community helpers, area help, regional helpers...the entire UK...I'm liking the sound of this! Any good organisers on here?! (:

Sponsored Links