Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: US Sim Card...can someone explain this to me please  (Read 880 times)

• Liked: 3
US Sim Card...can someone explain this to me please
« on: July 02, 2011, 12:18:42 PM »
I am going to stay at my parents in New York for the month of August, and I would really like to be able to use my Blackberry while I am there. I am on O2 and have a BB Torch. I know you can buy a US Sim card while there, but I am just not sure how this whole thing works!! I would like to be able to BBM with my sister, maybe have a US number so I don't have to borrow my dads crappy old mobile phone, use facebook, upload photos etc.

How does this work? How do I get a US Sim card? Can I do this on an O2 Phone? Any help or experience would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

• Liked: 6
Re: US Sim Card...can someone explain this to me please
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 12:30:16 PM »
You can messenger your sister with your UK sim card. Blackberry messenger is free no matter where you are. I have tried a couple different providers in the US and a US sim would not work in my UK phone.

• Liked: 2
Re: US Sim Card...can someone explain this to me please
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 01:24:05 PM »
racheee...I am doing the same thing.
1. I have a google voice # which is how I do texting to US peeps it forwards to my iphone google email and I can reply from there.
2. I am getting a US sim card for my iphone from mrsimcard - I will be there for 6 weeks and I am paying for 2 months which is 160 bucks unlimited calls/texts/data.

I have O2 as well and a forum on a travel site pointing me in that direction.  My iphone is now unlocked so I am going to test it with another sim card I have here but according to peeps it should work no problemo.

The reason for the google voice # is no matter what # they give you over the years for a sim you just use your google voice # and redirect it to where you want (US only).

hope this helps a bit!

Sponsored Links