Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: PETS Process In Detail - January 2012 Onward  (Read 35185 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: PETS Process In Detail - January 2012 Onward
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2013, 08:26:11 PM »
Hi - I've been on here before and THOUGHT I was all set and understood completely the requirements. But now we are a few weeks from the move and I'm reviewing the 3rd country health certificate and suddenly see something that has me in a panic.

Any help would be appreciated.

This is my situation.
March 02 2010 Rabies Vaccination 1 year #100218
May 12 2010 Home Again Microchip
Feb 12 2011 Rabies Vaccination 3 year #110260

When I posted here before I understood that since the microchip was inserted well in advance of his current three year Rabies vaccination we were fine. He would not need to be revaccinated.

I just noticed on the Third Country Health Certificate that on the table which records the rabies vacination the last column says 'date of the blood sample'. This concerned me and when I google it I find "A blood sample taken at least 30 days after it was vaccinated and three months before movement need a positive result (titre >0.5 IU/ml) by an approved lab."
I have not read about this requirement before and it has not been mentioned when I've gone over the time line with others on this forum.

Did I need to have a blood test done THREE MONTHS before we move? Or is this something my vet would have done at some point after the vaccination?

Thank you for your help. I'm already so worried about getting my poor boy over okay in the hold of a plane so now I'm really freaking out.

*2004 Met in Belgium
*June 2006 married in Scotland
*Nov 2006 moved to the Netherlands
*Nov 2009 moved to the US
*April 17 2013 - VAF4 online visa Application filed (not priority)
*April 24 2013 - Biometrics
*April 29 2013 - VAF4 spousal visa supporting documents received in UKBA NY Hub
*May 10 2013 - Received receipt email from Sheffield.
*May 13 - Em requested additional information
*May 15 - Em from Sheffield  decision made
*May 17 - Passport returned w/ visa!
*June 07 - Entered UK

• It's an adventure now.
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2013, 09:46:41 PM »
That's for non-listed countries. The US is a listed third country, that clause doesn't apply.

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2013, 12:56:14 PM »
Thanks Gwen,
I see it now. I went through everything months ago. I even lined through that part in the text as instructed in the annotated instructions for the US.

It was a few months ago and I only picked it up yesterday to review and make sure I hadn't missed anything.

The stress of the move is getting to me. I had a total meltdown thinking I had missed that and didn't take the time to read properly.   ::)

I need a massage.

It'll be over soon.
Thanks!
Aimee
*2004 Met in Belgium
*June 07 - Entered UK

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2013, 04:06:46 PM »
Is there a one shop stop for the forms needed to bring a dog from the US to the UK? Some links are broken/old/not working, and I can't find the Annex II??  My dog needs to travel in the next 3 weeks and I'm getting extremely frustrated trying to find the info I need.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2013, 04:34:08 PM »
Hi Stewart,
I know how stressful it can be.
I'm just in the thick of it myself. We travel with our dog on 6 June. I hope I can help you out.

These are the documents you will need to gather.
1. Rabbies Vaccination Certificate WITH microchip # listed on it. (Most vets have a template for this just be sure they put your dog's microchip on it even if it means they have to type it up manually).
2. (Optional) Microchip certificate. I'm following it up with a certificate/letter from the vet with the microchip number and date it was inserted, signed by the vet.
3. EU Health Certificate (ANNEX II). This must be signed by the vet 10 days before travel and then endorsed by your local USDA,  APHIS, VS office. After endoresment you need to get the tapeworm treatment administrated and signed also on this form between 1-5 days of travel.
Form: http://www.aphis.usda.gov/regulations/vs/iregs/animals/downloads/ee_non_com_pets.pdf
Annotated form with instructions:
http://www.aphis.usda.gov/regulations/vs/iregs/animals/downloads/ee_no_com_pe_an.pdf
Where to find your local USDA, APHIS, VS office:
http://www.aphis.usda.gov/animal_health/area_offices/
4. Airline certificate. Some airlines also require this form which also needs to be signed by your vet:
http://www.aphis.usda.gov/library/forms/pdf/APHIS7001.pdf

I hope this helps! Good luck. Getting my dog over is by far the most stressful part of this move.

Best,
Aimee
*2004 Met in Belgium
*June 07 - Entered UK

• Liked: 2
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2014, 09:02:22 PM »
Hi Aimee,

I hope you're still active, because your last reply was very helpful.  I too was under the impression that I had to have a blood test and then wait three months, not realizing that US fell into a different category.  I do have a few more questions for you.  First, how did your travel go??  If coming from the US do we not even need the blood test?  Also, did you fill in the Anex II form and have the vet sign, or did they fill in for you?  Was yours filled in by hand or is there a fillable form? 

Thank you so much!

Charissa
Online application completed: Oct 27 2014
Biometrics completed: Nov 3 2014
Application packet sent: Nov 5 2014
Documents delivered by UPS: Nov 7 2014
Email confirmation from Sheffield: Nov 10 2014
Decision email received:  Nov 20 2014
Visa arrived: Nov 22
Moved to England: 11 Dec 2014
FLR-M Application Sent:  13 June 2017
Decision Made: 27 July 2017
Biometric Residence Card Received: 28 July 2017
Decision Letter and Documents Returned:  29 July 2017
ILR Decision Email:  ILR Granted 18 February 2020

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2014, 09:38:57 PM »
Hi!
Happy to help. This forum helped me so much to navigate these murky waters.
First of all we made it! Travel went well except the pet cargo facilities at Newark are shocking! It was crazy unorganized and it was difficult leaving my beloved pup in their care. However they did manage to get him on the flight. The people in edinburgh were awesome. I emailed them ahead of time and they gave me a lot of info. I also emailed scanned copies of the paperwork and they verified it was okay.

Coming from the US means you do not need the blood test. Somewhere on here is a panic post from me when I miss understood some info and thought I did need it

My vet office in the US was very disorganized and I didn't trust them so I filled out everything myself, and sticky noted where the vet had to sign. I also gave them exactly what they needed to put on the vaccination letter and microchip letter but they still managed to mess it up. But we got there in the end. My advice is take charge of the situation and tell them exactly what you need. Unless it is a vet that deals with internationally traveling pets a lot they won't know. You need to make sure you know what you need and make sure it's right. If it helps I can email you scans of my paperwork.

*2004 Met in Belgium
*June 07 - Entered UK

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2014, 07:20:01 AM »
Pleased to say that our 2 mini poodles arrived safely with us last week.  We were coming from western New York State and had no options for a direct flight to Heathrow, so we flew out of Toronto. The pet cargo service there was fantastic!!!   They have specially trained personnel and a separate climate controlled waiting area for the pets between drop off and flit time. They clearly take pride in doing a great job with pet transport.

We engaged Airpets to help us on the Heathrow end and World Wide Animal Travel to guide us through on the Canadian side.  Both provided excellent service and felt the expense was worth it.  Airpets even transported us and the dogs together to our temporary home since we didn't feel up to renting a car and navigating Heathrow traffic with no UK driving experience.

One small problem we encountered along the way was that the Annex II is supposed to be completed, including the stamps, in blue ink. Our vet had no blue stamp pads so we had to go out and buy one for use for the original rabies sign off and the later deworming sign off.  :-)

I also had a minor moment of panic when the USDA vet did not initial the crossed off part of the EU Annex II as the instructions indicated.  Airpets told me that in most cases no one even does the crossing off and it's never been a problem for them.

What a relief it was when we were reunited with them after only 3 hours at Heathrow!

« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2014, 12:23:04 PM »
Glad to hear all went well and any problems were easily taken care of, don't blame you for not wanting to drive out of Heathrow, yikes  :o
Oh and poodles are the best dogs! I have a poodle too, a little toy  :D

« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2014, 07:20:41 AM »
Oh, what is your toy's name, Stephanie?  Our minis are Nikki, girl 13, and Fletcher, boy, 4. 

« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2014, 08:19:10 AM »
I've got Fifi, age 10.5, she is not as bouncy as she used to be now that she is getting older  :(
I see lots of "doodles" when I am out and about over here, but very rarely do I see a full poodle, which is a shame, for as you know that are very smart and easy to train and fun to live with!  :D

• Liked: 4
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2014, 07:24:35 PM »
Tomorrow is the day when me, my two dogs and cat take off for UK. This process was daunting at times and I don't blame anyone who pays for a pet relocation service. It can be done on your own, as many have done it, but it takes a lot of planning, checking, double-checking and being meticulous about little details. My veterinarian and the vet tech who assisted me were great, but they messed up quite a few things on the forms. Heck the USDA vet even missed something that he should have noticed before endorsing my Annex 2. But now, after all the sweat and screaming into a pillow, it's done. I am happy and excited!

One thing I will say: the folks at Virgin Atlantic Cargo and Heathrow Animal Reception Centre are exceedingly helpful and nice.

Once I get home on Wednesday (I love saying home and meaning Wales now) I will post about the process on the other end at HARC.
Married: 27-06-14
Spouse Visa Delivered: 27-10-14
Arrived in Wales: 03-12-14
Little GAtoWales born 26-01-16
FLR(M) approval received: 28-07-17
ILR approval received: 04-05-2020

« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2014, 02:57:18 PM »

Yes, double triple and beyond that checking of paperwork etc.. is needed to keep your sanity during the PETS Process!  :o ??? ::)

I am sure all will go fine for you GAtoWales, you have been on top of everything all along so hopefully your arrival will be a smooth process, good luck and congratulations on getting to the end of the long, difficult & expensive road to the UK!  ;D

• Liked: 4
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2014, 05:20:37 PM »
Stephanie303,

I am sitting here in the living room of our flat in Wales as I type this. The animals did great and I had not one delay or hitch along the way. So happy I can say that it's all over.

Cheers!
Married: 27-06-14
Spouse Visa Delivered: 27-10-14
Arrived in Wales: 03-12-14
Little GAtoWales born 26-01-16
FLR(M) approval received: 28-07-17
ILR approval received: 04-05-2020

« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2014, 02:49:18 AM »
Awesome! Happy to hear you all made it with no problems  :D

Sponsored Links