Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Insanity (the DVD, not the mental state!)  (Read 2536 times)

• Heart...Captured
  • Liked: 1
Insanity (the DVD, not the mental state!)
« on: July 18, 2011, 07:31:56 PM »
Anyone tried it?

I'm thinking of making the jump (I'm 'into' workout DVDs and have read over 100 online reviews) but haven't fully decided yet.

• Makeup Guru & Anglophile
  • Liked: 0
Re: Insanity (the DVD, not the mental state!)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 08:13:00 PM »
I haven't tried it, but I have a friend who is doing p90x with great results and another who is just getting into Insanity and so far they're both enjoying their individual programs. Sorry I can't be much help with this, but I'm considering trying p90x since I haven't been making good use of my gym membership lately.  ;D
Met at 2012 London Olympics| Engagement 4-25-13| Married 7-30-13| Hired immigration lawyer 9-13 (waste of time)| Applied for Spousal Visa online 12-27-13| Biometrics completed 1-2-14| Spousal & dependent visas submitted 1-10-14| Application is being processed email 1-13-14| Decision has been made email 1-21-14| Received approved visas 1-24-14| Arrived in London 3-9-14 YAY!!

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 02:29:55 AM »
Anyone tried it?

I'm thinking of making the jump (I'm 'into' workout DVDs and have read over 100 online reviews) but haven't fully decided yet.

Its fantastic...I love it.
 :)

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 03:18:42 PM »
Love Insanity!! I'm on my 4th round now. I've also done P90X and plan on doing a hybrid program of the two when I can get some weights. We left all ours in the US.

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 03:58:02 PM »
Insanity 60 Day Exercise Program......It's Fantastic

My wife & i started the Insanity 60 Day Program back in August 2010. We have really have gotten amazing results from it. It really help us along. Improve our health, made us more confident about ourselves, & save us from spending money joining a gym. I suggest to you if you want the best results pls eat healthier. :)

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 05:57:41 AM »
I'm about 90lbs overweight and pretty out of shape. I've been reading some reviews of the Insanity program. Would somebody in my condition struggle a lot to do it?

• British by descent
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 07:37:54 AM »
I'm about 90lbs overweight and pretty out of shape. I've been reading some reviews of the Insanity program. Would somebody in my condition struggle a lot to do it?

I've only tried the first workout, but I had to stop about 30 minutes in, rather than the full 45-50min (too exhausted). I'm aiming to lose about 20lbs, and am not what I'd consider "fit" (able to run a mile+ easily, at least), but am not completely incapacitated either (I can do the mile, it's just pretty slow/pathetic ;)).

I think you could do it fitness-wise, but you'd have to be very aware of your limits and work your way up to doing the full workouts. They do recommend that you be "pretty fit" before you try it.

It is a lot of aerobics/rapid movements, so that might be a challenge for you. I found a lot of the jump down/[do pushups/situps/something else on the floor]/jump back up routines quite hard on my joints...but then, my joints hate me.

I would recommend doing a different program to get a baseline level of fitness before trying Insanity. But as long as you pay attention to how you feel doing it, and avoid doing movements that don't work for you (or continuing on with the workout if you're dying), then you could work up to Insanity-level fitness by doing Insanity. :) If my joints weren't so angry at me right now, that's what I would be doing.
Moved to London February 5, 2010

• If you take my breath away...
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 01:10:35 PM »
Hi Bluegrass Lass -

I had always gotten good results with Callanetics (a program designed by ballet dancer Callan Pickney when she hurt her back and had limited mobility).

It doesn't address cardio, but it tones and strengthens which is a good transition into more intense workouts.  It's low impact and gentle, which is also a nice way to transition into the world of fitness. 
...the whole damn thing will turn
and return redefined, rearranged, rearranged...

• Liked: 387
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 02:43:17 PM »

I haven't done it, but a friend of mine recently ordered it and it arrived on Friday.

On the package, they recommend that you try something else first if you are a beginner to fitness routines as the programs are quite intense.  She's trying it this weekend, and I'll ask her on Monday how it went.  Of course, the package blurb could just be hype, but she's no stranger to fitness programs and I'll ask her if the box's description is accurate.

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 10:08:52 PM »
I should say I'm not a complete stranger to cardio and exercising. I've done quite a bit of it in the past, although you wouldn't know it looking at me now.  :-[ I really like that I wouldn't need any additional equipment, unlike the P90x series.  I don't necessarily like high impact, but I'm pretty adept at adapting some moves to low impact. Any other workout videos any of you could recommend for someone in my shape?

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 03:44:11 AM »
I've tried insanity. It's intense. and I'm pretty heavy. I'd say I'd like to lose about 70lbs. So yes, it was a bit much at first and I'd have to take breaks here and there but I just kept moving during my breaks. Walking in place, slow jog, etc.. After a while it will get easier to keep up with the pace.

I'd highly suggest Insanity to anyone who is looking for results. I'll probably start it again soon.

Shawn T also does Hip Hop Abs.. It's a bit lighter scale on the workout side of things. No floor situps or anything.

I combine a lot of different workout vids to prevent getting bored.

And, of course, any exercise combined with healthy diet is always gonna give you the best results. :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab