Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Amy Winehouse found dead at her home  (Read 2007 times)

• Liked: 163
Amy Winehouse found dead at her home
« on: July 23, 2011, 05:40:57 PM »

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
Re: Amy Winehouse found dead at her home
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 05:44:31 PM »
Such a waste of an amazing voice.
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

• Mummy of Jean Kathleen and Thomas Patrick
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 05:47:20 PM »
incredible voice but she was so messed up
Maroon Passport Club!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 05:48:46 PM »
Wow - that's so sad :(.

I always thought she'd be able to pull through her problems eventually and get better - but she's not going to get the chance now :(.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 05:51:05 PM »
Sad, but not surprising.  I had always hoped she could conquer her problems and be the better for it. 

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 06:31:14 PM »
It's that age of 27 that so many troubled singers/musical artist struggle to get past...

It's a waste, and even though it's not unexpected, it's still very sad and shocking.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 06:32:17 PM »
Very sad, such a waste of a talent
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Makeup Guru & Anglophile
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 06:35:44 PM »
Quite sad, but she was a drug addict/alcoholic and sometimes people lose the will/strenght to pull through the disease. Hope she finds the peace she was looking for in the afterlife  :-\\\\
Met at 2012 London Olympics| Engagement 4-25-13| Married 7-30-13| Hired immigration lawyer 9-13 (waste of time)| Applied for Spousal Visa online 12-27-13| Biometrics completed 1-2-14| Spousal & dependent visas submitted 1-10-14| Application is being processed email 1-13-14| Decision has been made email 1-21-14| Received approved visas 1-24-14| Arrived in London 3-9-14 YAY!!

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 07:02:24 PM »
Quite sad, but she was a drug addict/alcoholic and sometimes people lose the will/strenght to pull through the disease. Hope she finds the peace she was looking for in the afterlife  :-\\\\

Indeed. Condolences to her family, but at least she's free now. :(
Amor Vinicit Omnia=Love Conquers All.

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 08:35:47 PM »
Yes it is a shame but she was someone children looked up to and wanted to be like people in those positions shouldnt take drugs
Like footballers and cheating

I feel anyone in the public image should be punished for doing drugs or things for example pete d and how many times has he got away from prison

Like I said it is Sad but maybe children will learn drugs are bad and celebrities aren't invincible

• Snaps
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 08:38:58 PM »
people in those positions shouldnt take drugs

If only it were that simple.

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2011, 09:00:08 PM »
Thankfully jails, hospitals, and graveyards aren't the ultimate destiny of all drug addicts and alcoholics.  I hope that this encourages people from going down a similar path to Amy Winehouse, but I'd hate to think that people would come away with the idea that death is the only way that addicts, even long struggling addicts, can find peace.

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2011, 09:00:18 PM »
she was someone children looked up to

Really? Children? Are you sure? Like Michael Jackson? My son was a fan, but when the scandals started he told me a number of very dubious jokes with great relish.

• Snaps
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2011, 09:02:59 PM »
Thankfully jails, hospitals, and graveyards aren't the ultimate destiny of all drug addicts and alcoholics.  I hope that this encourages people from going down a similar path to Amy Winehouse, but I'd hate to think that people would come away with the idea that death is the only way that addicts, even long struggling addicts, can find peace.

That's exactly what I've been thinking. Addiction and death aren't the only two options.

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2011, 09:07:25 PM »
If only it were that simple.

Indeed. We don't know what went on behind closed doors. It makes me sad that people put celebrities and sports stars on too high of a pedestal-in both the US and UK. When they rise to fame, they're praised like nothing else and their images are all over the place. When they hit their zenith, people start looking around for someone new to captivate their attention. When they crash and burn, people criticize them and say that because a person's famous, they need to behave in a certain way, i.e., "correctly"/ "squeaky clean". Famous people are still people. Yes, some of them take things too far, behave like arrogant morons, make bad choices, say stupid things, everything else that famous people are known for. It's not right, but, we all do those things as well, don't we? Our bad habits/ outbursts/strops just don't get strewn all over the tabloids/newspapers, like theirs do. :/
Amor Vinicit Omnia=Love Conquers All.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab